Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tyranitar Shutdown Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoFury

This is my attempt at a Ttar deck that is designed to hurt/defeat the common Dusknoir/Gengar decks.

Pokemon (23)
3 Larvitar
2 Puputar
3 Tyranitar
2 Sneasel
2 Weavile
2 Yanma
2 Yanmega
1 Abra
1 Alakazam
2 Sableye
2 Unown G
1 Uxie

Trainers (22)
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
3 Felicity Drawing
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Moonlight
2 Poke Radar
1 Time Space Distortion
1 Luxury Ball
2 Night Maintace
Energy (15)
9 Basic Dark
4 Special Dark
2 Call Energy

The Stratedgy of the deck is to get Alakazam, TTar and weavile out quickly. Use the weavile to power the TTar, while have Alazakam to disable powers, like Dark Palm, Setup, Time Walk and others. You would discard some basic Dark and one of those would return to TTar.

I just need some help in fine tuning it and finding a reliable way to remove the lvl X without having it become the statdium.

it's heavy you don't need a lot of pokemon only this:
3-2-3 T-Tar
3-3 Weavile
2-1 Darkai lv x
3 Sableyes
1 unonw g

Darkrai I thought about, but don't feel I would need, if I can get the energy on Ttar fast enough, there is no point in making them real, as 5 on him and 1 being a special dark will defeat Dusknoir and gengars easily. I also didn't want to be completely vulnerable to Machamp Decks. I'm looking into teching something that will allow me to defeat Dusknoir lvl X and Gengar on the bench. Though I know Gengars power will still trigger.

I like it. True, you could probably do with a few less pokemon, but it's nicely put together and pretty creative. It could also make a huge difference depending upon which Tyranitars you choose to include.

I thought the use of Alakazam was interesting, as his power cancel can be helpful, and disabling one of the opponent's powers will still pickup energy for TTar. If I can somehow squeeze in Omastar, I could use his power to defeat the dusknoirs and gengar easily. I could even possibly do this to KO Machamps if they were candied, which is common.

Maybe remove
-2 Yanma
-2 Yanmega

To add
+1 Abra
+1 Alakazam
+1 Helix Fossil
+1 Omastar

Here's what I'd change...

Pokemon (22)
3 Larvitar
2 Puputar
3 Tyranitar
3 Sneasel
3 Weavile
2 Abra
2 Alakazam
2 Unown G
1 Baltoy
1 Claydol

Trainers (22)
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
4 Felicity Drawing
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Moonlight
1 Time Space Distortion
1 Luxury Ball
2 Night Maintenace

Energy (16)
9 Basic Dark
4 Special Dark
3 Call Energy

I changed it so it would focs more on setting-up T-Tar and Alakazam faster. I really like the idea of Alakazams Power negation with T-Tar's energy acceleration. Hope you do well with this!

I changed it so it would focs more on setting-up T-Tar and Alakazam faster. I really like the idea of Alakazams Power negation with T-Tar's energy acceleration. Hope you do well with this!

So, if you discard a Darkness Energy to use Power Cancel, can you attach the energy you discarded?

For Dusky and Ggar, you can always use pokeblower+ and or warp point combined with spinning tail, omastar is another option that has proved quite good, maybe a tech devoluter TM or two as well, though I find that once set up you can pretty much rip right through dusky and win by like T6, even faster if you drop an omastar (maybe some SSU also :biggrin: ). Gengar is just a lame deck, it point of winning relies on killing off your own pokemon, kind of not a good idea IMO, though dusky is similar to a point.

Idea, just dammage the dusky/Ggar, just dammage them within KO range (even with the infamous Sableye+sp.dark, often used for a donk/settup, then forgotten), then warp/blower to the bench and spinning tail. It has worked for me quite a few times. Hope you can make some sense of this babeling! :wink:

POKEMAN

I had Alakazam in my 1st T-tar build gave up on it as it slowed the deck down too much. I tried it without Claudoll but I never had extra dark energy to discard with Felicitys. Now its plenty fast, and you just need a 2-2 Weaville.

Well after some play testing against my friends AMU and Dusknoir deck, I have found that Alakazam is handy, and Claydol works better than Uxie. You do make a good point about Warp points, as that would be a reliable way to bench it. With the Alakazam around, you can ignore Dark Palm, so you are able to fill up your bench, which is a nice bonus.

I currently run:

Pokemon (22)

3 Larvitar (SF)
2 Pupitar (SF)
3 Tyranitar (SF)
2 Sableye (SF)
2 Abra
2 Alakazam
3 Sneasel
3 Weavile
1 Baltoy
1 Claydol

Trainers (23)

3 Moon Light
4 Rare Candy
4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Felicity's Drawing
2 Night Maintenance
1 Time-Space distortion
1 Luxury Ball

Energy (15)

4 Special Darkness Energy
11 Basic Darkness Energy

Perhaps I should try dropping the Weavile down to a 2-2 line so I can add in 2 Warp Points. Its the trick of hurting a Dusknoir to within range of KOing it from the bench that isn't easy to do.

I would, also, suggest getting rid of the Yanmega line.

That would free up 4 spots.

2 could be used for ANOTHER Alakazam line and 2 more Uxies.
(I don't see ANY draw in that deck if you whiff the Sableye start ... so 2 more uxies would help you set all of this up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back