1 Great Ball
1 Energy Recycle System

Energies (16):
4 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Basic Dark Energy
4 Special Dark Energy
6 Fighting Energy

Origional Post:

I like the MT Tyranitar with its high hp and whatnot so I decided to make a deck based on it. Here's the list:

Pokemon (17):
4 Larvitar (MT)
2 Pupitar (MT)
4 Tyranitar (MT)
2 Azuril (DP)
2 Plusle (SW)
1 Minun (SW)
1 Burmy Sand Cloak (SW)
1 Wormdam Sand Cloak (SW)

Trainers (27):
3 Roseanne’s Research
3 Celio’s Network
3 Rare Candy
3 Night Maintenance
2 Energy Recycle System
2 Windstorm
2 Team Galactic’s Wager
2 PokeNav
2 Professor Oak’s Visit
2 Switch
1 Warp Point
1 Great Ball
1 Mysterious Shard

Energies (16):
3 Double Rainbow Energy
3 Special Dark Energy
3 Basic Dark Energy
7 Fighting Energy

Strategy: Basically, build up T-Tar and use his second attack. Plusle, Azuril, and various trainer cards are used to get stuff you need out of your discard and to keep cards in the deck. Also, I think I may have found a use for pokeNav. In here I can use it to heighten my chances of discarding an energy card with Ground Burn to do 100 to 120 (w/ 2 special darks) damage on a turn instead of 80 to 100.

Techs:

Minun: used for draw power. Goes well with Tyranitar's first attack as far as the whole scramble/recovery theme goes.

Burmy/Wormdam: Burmy can recycle fighting energies (and they go directly to the card!) and wormdam can have a good semi-blissey like effect late game.

Mysterious Shard: Anti-EX Tech (obviously...)

Problems:
The high retreat cost is probably the biggest weakness of Tyranitar. I already have 3 switch cards but maybe some warp energy would help?
Plusle and Minun are bad to start with since they can't attack. Maybe I should use a few (like 2) Multis or :lightnings?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
-2 Azurill
-1 Plusle
-1 Burmy
-1 Wormadam
+4 Absol SW
+1 Mantine DF

-2 Energy Recycle
-1 Mysterious Shard
-1 Great Ball
+2 Draw or hand refresh
+1 Celio's
+1 Roseanne's

-1 Fighting
-1 Basic Dark
+1 DRE
+1 Special Dark

Absol is a great starter. Until SW came out, most decks used starters that sped up their own setup. Absol slows down your opponent's setup while yours stays at its normal pace, still giving you the upper hand in setup, but also possibly crippling your opponent in mid to late game by discarding an important tech, or a chunk of an evolution line, or several supporters. And then your Tyranitar can come in and continue to discard your opponent's deck while just discarding the same energy from the top of yours, recycled every turn by Mantine DF.

Woah, I got a comment from Jayson! But seriously, thanks for the advice. The only thing about Mantine is that it only lasts so long until it KO's itself. I think I might want to run at least 2 instead of just one. So Absol SW is pretty popular now, huh? Good thing my deck already has darkness type. Also, do you think Minun is necessary? I don't think the wormdam line is (and I think you agree,) I put it in mainly to see what people thought of it. One more thing, do I need 4/4 Celio/Roseanne? I like to use great balls for basics since they aren't supporters so I think I'll keep in at least that one. I dunno. Any other advice anyone?

In my Tyranitar BR deck I ran 2 Mantine and 1 Unown A so you can Analize to see if an energy is one of your Top 2 cards in your deck before you go ahead and take damage to use Mantines Power uncenessarily.

Ok new decklist. I took your advice into account and here's what I came up with:

Pokemon (15):
3 Larvitar (MT)
2 Pupitar (MT)
3 Tyranitar (MT)
2 Absol (SW)
2 Mantine (DF)
1 Plusle (SW)
1 Azurill (DP)
1 Unown A (DP)

Supporters (14):
4 Roseanne’s Research
4 Celio’s Network
2 Professor Oak’s Visit
2 Copycat
1 Team Galactic’s Wager
1 Professor Cozmo’s Discovery

Trainers (15):
3 Rare Candy
3 Night Maintenance
2 Windstorm
2 Pokenav
2 Switch
1 Warp Point
1 Great Ball
1 Energy Recycle System

Energies (16):
4 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Basic Dark Energy
4 Special Dark Energy (Having the darks at 3/3 before was a mistake because I forgot to change it after I took out Castaway during the initial building)
6 Fighting Energy

Think it looks good? If you have any more suggestions please tell me them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back