Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

u think this review is biased?

I would like to point out that the whole "religion and Pokémon" thing was old on the old 'Gym. Now it's ancient history.

This is from what is obviously implied from the article a strong christian website. Somehow pokemon, among many other things aren't very popular with these groups (Heavily religious, most likely extreme) anyways and this definitely isn't the first time I've seen these groups give scathing reviews of pokemon as a whole.

BTW in the Japanese language, words that do seem singular in representation can also be used as plurals as well (if I'm correct, currently studying Japanese right now). Pokmeon would be the classic example of this.

Strike said:
Somehow pokemon, among many other things aren't very popular with these groups (Heavily religious, most likely extreme)
That's why you just ignore those groups. Let them blow all the crap they want at you, they're only making themselves look like idiots. They're harmless.

Casting spells? ._. There are really no such things in Pokemon...no magic potions (just scientifically medical aids called "Potions" ^_~)...I don't see how the elemental attribute falls into any sort of horoscopic view... talk about giving people a bad view of Christianity ._.; Pokemon evolution in no way shape or form resembles the Darwinian view of evolution, but is rather a sort of Metamorphisis...like a Butterfree...er...Beautifly...er...Butterfly. Because when Pokemon breed they bear children of their very first forms (be it Basic or Baby ^_~) much like all insects that go through metamorphisis. Survival of the fittest is in no way shape or form a Darwinian theory, its proven fact that whatever is best suited to its eviroment will survive, this also has nothing to do with evolution. But as Marril said, reviews like this are harmless and shouldn't be debated (like I have done) because they're written out of ignorance.

Chris S.

Ditto, Chris. I am a christian as well as many of my partners on Pokégym. We have never seen anything slightly christian against pokemon before. I and many others are christians, as well.

As taken from Marril's post---"That's why you just ignore those groups. Let them blow all the crap they want at you, they're only making themselves look like idiots. They're harmless."

Definitely agree with you there. They're definitely harmless. No debate needed whatsoever.

I read this article and started to laugh. It's very funny how they use guides most others don't even consider using as a base for their arguement. If I didn't know any better, I woulda thought this article was a joke.

Xeno said:
I read this article and started to laugh. It's very funny how they use guides most others don't even consider using as a base for their arguement. If I didn't know any better, I woulda thought this article was a joke.
I know! Until now I had no idea the Elite 4 were evil! XD I thought they were merely the most skilled and reached a high position! Maybe the Elite 4 were really the ones behind Team Rocket and Giovanni was just their pawn... :D Yeah right :rolleyes:

Well if you want to split hairs, the Elite Four in the manga could be considered a bit on the evil side from what I've heard, but even so... not up to TR's level.

(sighs)

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. In fact, the T-shirt's already wearing thin.

As a Christian (United Methodist to be exact), these sort of folks rub me the wrong way sometimes. I mean, why are they looking for the Devil in popular culture when they ought to be looking for the Lord?

Take Pokemon Colosseum, for example. In it, the main character has to snatch Pokemon from an evil power and purify their hearts. Once these Pokemon's hearts are purified, they can level up and use stronger attacks. A pastor or youth ministry leader could take this and compare it to Jesus purifying your heart once you let Him into your life.

I'm sure some of the more religious types at the 'Gym could find more examples, so I'll leave it at that.

- Croatian "actually thinking of holding a Pokemon tournament for her church's youth ministry, BTW" Nidoking

Back