2 Meteor Falls
2 Surprise! Time Machine
2 Switch
1 Warp Point
1 Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]

Energy: 17
14 Water
3 Boost

Ok so I was bored and decided to test this out.

Basically the Blastoise help get the Slaking powered up quick (since it's rather hard for them to get going otherwise) and then the Slaking just beat the tar out of the opponent's active. The S!TM, Switch and WP can potentially help me Critical Move multiple turns in a row. Milo wipes away damage.

And surprisingly this somehow squished a Blaze and Dark Draggy repeatedly. But I'm thinking this submits to RockLock/Neverland.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Or am I just crazy?

Hmm..... interesting Slak Deck. Dosen't seem like it would do all that bad in the current inviroment. Milotic helps alot against Rock Lock

Nice Deck, Just Take Out Feebas/milotic And Add 1 Squirtle & 1 Blastoise Ex. You Are Running Meteor Falls Anyway, Claw On Slakoth Removes Damage Counters, Rage On Vigoroth Does 130 Damage Because Of 120 Hp On Slaking. Rage Does 20+ 110= 130. (wow). Then You Have The Almighty Critical Move For 100. Real Nice Concept To Dish Out Damage. I Would Add 1 More Meteor Falls So As To Have In Play As Soon As You Get Up And Going. Also Might Want To Add 1 Jirachi(hl) To Evolve Quickly. Get Rid Of Other Useless Trainers Like Atm And Time Machine. Add More Draw Cards As To Get Water Energies In Your Hand. All In All Needs Some Tweaking But Very Playable I Think.

DX Slaking... I'll think about it.

S!TM does help with doing Critical Moves over and over and over again, since I lack Sally ex, but yeah it seems like it needs another Meteor Falls in here. And I'm not completely sure on Milo, since Briney can do the same thing...

Simpson_Fan: My Slakoth choices were down to the Claw one from RS and the DX one. I figured that I can just use RS Vigoroth's Rage to do that much damage. And then if I had to Slack Off I had the ability to.

Overall I'm liking this so far :thumb:

3 meteor falls is the most you should put.
and dx slakoth<<<< slack off slakoth

you can attack, then heal. essentially, unles they OHKO you, you're going to be there a while. and why use 10x when you can use vigoroth's rage. you want to not candy your slakings if you can help it, because an ATM rock hurts you, and you want more variety and options when you play meteor falls.

DX Slaking isn't as good, with everyone using Pidgeot these days, RS Slak is better. Maybe run 1 DX if you have Surprise! but that's a matter of preference. Also yes, I would run DX Slakoth instead. He's better, just for the fact that if you have a Slaking with zippo energys then you can attach 1 and deal lotsa damage.
Try it out. Plus Raindance would help your Flail/Rage.

Stay Withe Rs Slakoth/vigoroth As To Use Multiple Moves With Meteor Falls. The Other Thing I Forgot To Mention Was To Use Wally's Instead Of Rare Candy. On Second Thought Run Both As To Use Rare Candy On Blastoise Ex. If You Use Dx Slakoth Your Not Fully Utilizing The Whole Slaking Line Because The Only Difference Is Energy Cost. Try Using Only Water Energy Instead Of Boost. I Know It Might Sound Crazy But Just Experiment Because You Don't Want To Start The Game With A Sparce And Boost. You Need To Get Off And Running. Imo

GUERO51 said:
Stay Withe Rs Slakoth/vigoroth As To Use Multiple Moves With Meteor Falls. The Other Thing I Forgot To Mention Was To Use Wally's Instead Of Rare Candy. On Second Thought Run Both As To Use Rare Candy On Blastoise Ex. If You Use Dx Slakoth Your Not Fully Utilizing The Whole Slaking Line Because The Only Difference Is Energy Cost. Try Using Only Water Energy Instead Of Boost. I Know It Might Sound Crazy But Just Experiment Because You Don't Want To Start The Game With A Sparce And Boost. You Need To Get Off And Running. Imo

i prefer boost with decks that have pidgeot, simply because you can then PLAN its use, which imo is critical to its best management. randomly drawing it means it throws you off guard, are you honestly going to plan out the use of a boost when you have a BLEX to throw down energy?

Hmmm the Boosts are questionable. If I were to draw an energy card it would most likely be a water, but then again starting with Sparce + Boost isn't very good. What's nice about Boosts however is the surprise factor it brings, since for unpowered Slakings your opponent expects your hand to be large enough to have 4 water energies for Critical Move (so a hand size of at least 4), but a water + Boost will cover that attack's cost with a potential hand size of 2. Plus having to attach more water means more damage from Energy Rain which may end up helping the other guy next turn if you decide not to Slack Off or whatever. So... if I were to remove Boosts would I just insert 3 water in it's place? Or is 14 water sufficient?

As for Wallys... I could just play Celio's and grab whatever Pokemon I would've evolved to with Wally. Either way it counts towards the 1 supporter per turn rule.

Anything else that sticks out?

GKOTM said:
Hmmm the Boosts are questionable. If I were to draw an energy card it would most likely be a water, but then again starting with Sparce + Boost isn't very good. What's nice about Boosts however is the surprise factor it brings, since for unpowered Slakings your opponent expects your hand to be large enough to have 4 water energies for Critical Move (so a hand size of at least 4), but a water + Boost will cover that attack's cost with a potential hand size of 2. Plus having to attach more water means more damage from Energy Rain which may end up helping the other guy next turn if you decide not to Slack Off or whatever. So... if I were to remove Boosts would I just insert 3 water in it's place? Or is 14 water sufficient?

As for Wallys... I could just play Celio's and grab whatever Pokemon I would've evolved to with Wally. Either way it counts towards the 1 supporter per turn rule.

Anything else that sticks out?

+2 water, and 1 slot for what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back