Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK - English Nationals 19 June 2004

ukpokemonpro

It's on, It's Birmingham .. Venue to be announce but the date for your diaries is now the 19 June 2004 for the Pokemon English Nationals ...

My understanding is Invitational Only ... But with many Side events and that is it so far..

A winning player plus guardian in each age group will be sent to the US to play in Worlds 2004! Obviously if you are 18+ and win the 15 and over age group you don't get to take the spouse/partner/significant other as guardian ... sorry I tried that one :(

But good news is Int POP may have arrive with a bang....

More news as I get it

Last edited:
There may be... we'll have to see what happens between now and then. Certainly the buzz we heard recently would have us believe that there could be, but we haven't heard anything more... yet!

I'm assuming you mean as a player, rather than a judge... You have to do very well in the City Champs that are taking place before the Nationals. Assuming the City Champs take place that is...?

Yeah, as a player.
Will there be any in Scotland or Northern Ireland (if there's any at all)? Ought to be something in NI since there are twice as many cards on sale (including EX Dragons, w00t) than a year ago.. Someone's buying them, so someone must play.

*wanders round Belfast holding a Pokemon deck*

Anyone who has played in a South East Challenge or other premiere event *should* get an invitation. Problem is that we don't have everyones address/email details. So I suspect that invitations will be available from your local league and also on a write in a request basis.

Additional invitations may go to those UK players who have POP IDs and tournament ratings that aren't covered by the local leagues.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the judge place: It'll probably go to a PlaceForGames employee.

OOOooooooo I'm so excited, hope I get an invitation ;)

Q : where would be the nearest city champ to me? If'n there's going to be any that is!

Well according to NoPoke there wouldn't be any - you'd just get an invitation based upon your playing ability within the South East Challenges. So you'd be ok, FT!

NoPoke said:

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the judge place: It'll probably go to a PlaceForGames employee.

:/

That would suck.
Here you guys are putting blood, sweat, and tears into keeping this going...
I hope you get included.

PokePop said:
:/

That would suck.
Here you guys are putting blood, sweat, and tears into keeping this going...
I hope you get included.

well its much more likely that there won't be monies to fund a judge trip to the USA from the UK. Unless the monies come from PUI that is ;) :D :p

Steven there are at least 2 more SE Challenges and 5 Rainham Month end tourneys you can earn points and an invite from yet ... we will campaign to make sure all the regular supporters of the Game in the UK get an invite.

There are around 300 places and 60 odd of us hard core nutters so I am sure we can all get a place if we try...

NoPoke and Myslef will be campaigning for everyone to be included don't worry about that :)

StevenB you *have* attended a SE challenge. So *if* I have *any* influence then an invitation will be going your way!

I think that the invitation system is a way of rewarding the local players who are spending money locally suporting the game. The invitations are a carrot to encourage people into pokemon OP.

[aside:Of course the carrot approach doesn't work well if there are no leagues or publicity to grow the game.]

Back