Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK nationals 2011 - registration - ratings points

NoPoke

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en_GB&formkey=dEdQTDJ4M1RWQ2RaNkRlSWYxd19lVkE6MQ#gid=0

please fill in the form if you plan on attending.

The form will allow the TOM database to be checked and should contribute to a reduction in the number of discrepancies between what players thought their Player ID was and the ID registered to them at tournaments and on the pokemon.com website.

===============

Registration will use coloured slips just like last year. Hopefully with fewer player errors this year. If we can't read the form then you may be entered with the "late" tag for the event set. If there are a lot of problems with reading the slips then that "may" becomes a "will" : help us to help you :)

Masters and Seniors registration from 9am to 10am.

Juniors registration from 10am to 11am. Juniors get their own tournament this year!

Last edited:
Might want to switch that multiple choice section around. You can select all 3 age groups, and both "yes" and "no" at the bottom.

that is not supposed to happen ! :( fixed I hope

My lack of competency with modern tech is showing: bring back assembler, punch cards, tape and valves! those were the days. It didn't work then either but at least you had a chance of understanding why.

What happens if someone is travelling with family members in all age groups? I know a certain family that have at least 1 Master, 1 Senior and 1 Junior; does the Junior wait an hour until Masters and Seniors have started?

yes.. and as I expect the juniors to finish first will have to wait at the end too for the seniors and masters to finish that they traveled with.

In that case is there any time between the end of registration and the start of the tournament for Masters/Seniors?

Depends how many people are actually capable of filling in their registration slips correctly this year.

Really? I have a feeling the Junior will need help from the Master filling in the slip but if the Master is playing at the table who does the Junior go to for help filling in the form?

I assume that the slips will be available at the same time. The Master can fill in the Junior's slip and then register themselves. When it's time for Junior registration, they just take their slip up.

Plus last year there were staff to help with that.

If you haven't filled in the form beforehand what happens? Are there problems registering? I have done so already but i'm curious as to what happens for those who don't know about this registration page/forum.

Just a random question..

Do you have any idea about the prize breakdown for Nats? I wasn't aware of it for last year.
I would also like to know the answer to the question above :)

Thanks

Just a random question..

Do you have any idea about the prize breakdown for Nats? I wasn't aware of it for last year.
I would also like to know the answer to the question above :)

Thanks

Top 4 in each division get a Worlds Invite + Medal.

1st Place - $1500 Scholarship + their trip to Worlds paid for + 2 Booster Boxes.

2nd Place - $1000 Scholarship + 2 Booster Boxes.

3rd Place - 1 Booster Box.

4th Place - 1 Booster Box.

I think that 5-8 get 18 packs, and 9-16 get 8, but I'm not 100% sure. There can also be other smaller prizes like hats and playmats sometimes given out to the top finishers.

Thanks nnaann :)

I was aware of the freebies at last years Nats which I must say were very nice! I just didn't know the breakdown cause I just didn't do well haha! Never knew that top 4 got automatic invites :)

Thanks again

Thanks nnaann :)

I was aware of the freebies at last years Nats which I must say were very nice! I just didn't know the breakdown cause I just didn't do well haha! Never knew that top 4 got automatic invites :)

Thanks again

No problem, $1500 as well as a free holiday to California isn't bad for a day playing Pokemon! Occasionally if someone who wins a free trip from Nationals already has one at that point (like Sami last year, since he got 2nd at Worlds), then the free trip passes down to second place, although that won't happen this year.

mess up your registration and you risk not being entered into the tournament for round one.

The form will help to identify players whose details do not match the pokemon website. I do not want a repeat of last year with over a third of players not knowing their correct player ID, date of birth or even how to write out their own name so that it can be read.

We will be less tolerant of incorrect and poorly completed registration slips this year.

Ok. I'm looking to attend Nats. I need to know a few things:
-How much does entry cost?
-How do we book our places?

How can you find out if you have registered with the link in the first post? Also is this the way of preregistering for this event?

Back