Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ultra Pro Magnetic One Touch

0bserver

Maybe someone here can help on a question regarding the thickness of a Pokemon card (among other things). Today as I was shopping for a nice display-type case for a Shiny Chandelure, the best I found in the local card store was Ultra Pro One Touch Magnetic, with 35 PT and 100 PT products available. I opted for the 100 PT...but now I think that it might have been better to choose the 35 PT instead. Second guessing myself, I tried vainly to look up the PT value/thickness for a Pokemon card. Still have no idea what it is. So this has led me to a number of questions...

1) What IS the PT value of a Pokemon card?

2) Was I better off with the 35 PT One Touch case?

3) Since there is so much room with the 100 PT One Touch, is it safe to place two Ultra Rares in the case back-to-back without scratching them up?

4) Will the card get scratched up in either case with the card jostling around inside?

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong forum. I couldn't find a forum that seemed to fit the questions at hand.

Last edited:
I do not really know what either of these products are exactly, but if it helps I can tell you that pokemon cards are thinner than yugioh or magic cards if that helps in any way!

It helps a little, thanks. :) Now I need to find how thick a Magic or Yugioh card is, in hope to get a comparison value. This PT system that Ultra Pro uses is kind of confusing when you don't have a point of reference. :(

Thanks, Gary. Appreciate the confirmation...

I do still have one question: Is it still okay to place two special type cards in such a case without damaging them? Or would it be better to have just the one card? (Sorry, I know these are probably silly questions...just want to be sure from people who've used these products before.)

Thanks, Gary. Appreciate the confirmation...

I do still have one question: Is it still okay to place two special type cards in such a case without damaging them? Or would it be better to have just the one card? (Sorry, I know these are probably silly questions...just want to be sure from people who've used these products before.)

I may be careful about putting two cards in a 100 magnetic case unless the cards aren't super valuable.

You should be ok with a 35pt case. 35pt are for standard thickness cards, which pokemon cards should fall under. If anything a 55pt case would be good. 100pt cases are usually for sports memorabilia cards (jerseys, patches, etc.). It's probably 2-3 times bigger than what you actually need. The card shouldn't be moving around inside the case.

Thanks for the input. I went back to the store and got a 20 PT snap-on case for the card. It works much better. I guess, in part, that answers the question of how thick a Pokemon card is as well.

It still seems to move freely. In fact, it kind of "magnetized" itself to one side of the case. Does that mean it's not too tightly squished?

Back