Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

(Un)Official 2010 Worlds Championships Grinder Updates

Hagrid23

Good morning from the Hilton Waikaloa Village in beautiful Hawaii. I will be providing updates for the Grinder and Main event from the Hive (computer center) here in the Grand Ballroom.

The Pokemon Company International (TPCi) has set up multiple official news feeds and we will be coordinating with them to make sure you have access to as much information as we can provide for those of you that couldn't join us here on the Big Island. The official Worlds web site (http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2010/) will be providing official standings for the main event along with photos, videos, and news releases throughout the next three days.

Twitter fans can follow the events at http://twitter.com/pokemonworlds.

You can also catch video updates on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/pokemonworlds.

As always please don't ask me about decks being played because I have no info on that nor can I see the individual matches.

For those Gym Leader Blaine fans out there, he is here at Worlds but will not have access to a computer during the event.

Didn't check the main website before now and realized, interestingly enough, neither Yamato nor Go have qualified for the second straight year.

A lot of the familiar names from Japan are missing from the Invite list this year. It will be interesting to see if they show up for the Grinder this morning.

I made a sweep of the Hall earlier (5AM local) and there was not anyone in line yet. Just a coupe of players in the Open Gaming area. Registration for the Grinder opens in a little over 3 hours.

Last edited:
Good .... Morning Hagrid 23! Glad to see we'll still be able to get updates. We'll be looking forward to hearing all we can. Thanks for your help.

No Tymon doing updates? Aww...:-(

It is 9:45 AM Hawaii time - Any pictures/updates on the grinder (Both TCG and VCG)

Any idea how many ppl are in the various LCQs today? I know the VGC Senior LCQ finished registration about 20 minutes ago. How many there?

Registration for the Grinder is about to close. The preliminary numbers are:

Masters: 235
Seniors: 81
Juniors: 60

We are having a player meeting at 10:30 with Round 1 starting at 11:00. I'll post the # of rounds and invites available when they are announced.

As for the VGC, they are in a seperate Ballroom so it is going to be harder to get info.

Wow. Isn't that the second largest tournament this year? That's nearly 400 players! Larger than PCI's first US National Championship!

Another half hour until the announcements, huh? Let's get crackin!

Rosters just went up. We split the Masters into two flights so here is the breakout:

Masters Flt 1: 120 players, 7 Rds
Masters Flt 1: 119 players, 7 Rds
Seniors: 82 players, 7 Rds
Juniors: 60 players, 6 Rds

We're still waiting on the Invitees to check in before we know the # of invites.

Last edited:
Wow. Isn't that the second largest tournament this year? That's nearly 400 players! Larger than PCI's first US National Championship!

Another half hour until the announcements, huh? Let's get crackin!

Only going by Masters division, perhaps. CA States and SoCal Regionals were larger in overall attendance IIRC.

381 total. Neither SoCal nor Cali got that number. Cali got 343. SoCal 327.

When you can - can you get a number for VGC? I know that it is in a separate room, but i am sure someone knows the number.

So you're looking at 7-0 and some (all?) 6-1s making it in for Masters. Mad hard, especially in this format. Good luck to all!

Thanks for your input Rubyiris, but I doubt that's what people want to see when they come to this thread. Please confine your comments to pokemon at least, thanks.

Please confine comments to pokemon, thanks. P_A.

any chanc to have updates on udefeated players after each round?

In regard to Gatsu's post: I would suspect that would be impossible - just due to the numbers. Let's just hope we can get updates in any form, and then people can post them as they get them. I'm also watching news sources, and MSN as well. If anyone wants, just send some to me at my email: garret.dent @sympatico.ca (just take out the space before the @).

Last edited:
Back