Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Undaunted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crobat58

Heart gold soul silver undaunted (sorry if i spell wrong) is the newest set in HGSS, coming out in August. Does it have cards to break out new strateties and destroy some of the main decks out there (eg. luxchomp, flyphan, etc.) and totally stop them in their tracks? For example, dialga and palkia legend; omg. its second attack is just brutal. Then combining that with flygon lv. x? thats one mean deck right there. and the long waited for card; scizor prime. its pokebody kills some of luxchomp, along witht-tar prime. (call energies, dark special). so, undaunted; undefeatable or unimportant

Scizor - Metal - HP 100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Scyther

Poke-Body: Red Armor
This Pokemon receives no damage from the attacks of your opponent’s Pokemon that have any Special Energy attached to them.

[M][C] Metal Scissors: Does 30 damage plus 20 damage times the number of Metal Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Palkia & Dialga LEGEND - Water / Metal - HP160
Legendary Pokemon

[W][C][C] Sudden Delete: Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. Return the Pokemon and all card attached to it back to your opponent's hand.
[M][M][C] Control Time: Discard all Metal Energy attached to Palkia & Dialga LEGEND. Then, take the top 2 cards of your opponent's deck and add them to their prizes.

Weakness: Fire and Lightning x2
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Thanks to pokebeach for card translations

I don't think DPL's coming out this set, I think it's just going to be RDL and GKL.

GKL is confirmed and rayquaza is on the boosters, and it is a small set. GS had more cards but only 2 legends.

I don't think DPL's coming out this set, I think it's just going to be RDL and GKL.

GKL is confirmed and rayquaza is on the boosters, and it is a small set. GS had more cards but only 2 legends.

Go to pokebeach and go down to the revealing of some of the clash of the summit cards. it says "in addition to artwork for Palkia & Dialga LEGEND, which will be in our HS - Undaunted set". so, it confirms dialga and palkia legend being in the set

Go to pokebeach and go down to the revealing of some of the clash of the summit cards. it says "in addition to artwork for Palkia & Dialga LEGEND, which will be in our HS - Undaunted set". so, it confirms dialga and palkia legend being in the set
That's their assumption, nothing has confirmed that. It was also posted before they got images of raquaza for undaunted. Also, Vegitalian has worked out the numbers and made his own speculative list of the up and coming set:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127536

Yeah, paper boxes are the most likely. I just hope that even if it is paper, it will fit a SLEEVED deck, not just a naked one. There are ways to protect a paper box and make it more durable, but adjusting the size is a LOT more difficult.

I still think it's weird that the deck artwork is so..... contradictory. I mean, Umbreon looks like the rest of the set art. UNDAUNTED, ready for anything, gonna take you down! Espeon looks like she's on her way to a tea party. I mean, couldn't they have put a little more effort into making her match the rest? I know she's a 'sweet, nice, kind' pokemon, but she sticks out like a sore thumb.

I have one question though about what you sat about Scizor. How will it destroy Tyranitar Prime? Power Claw would go right through it's body and any special metals on it correct.

Although the Legends are good, by far the most broken card in the set is Scizor Prime. Let's see here, what decks don't rely almost entirely on special energies right now? I literally can't think of one. Get this thing active with a Manectric on the bench and Garchomp C X is virtually useless... they can still Bright Look, but many SPs run very, very few basic energies.

Most other top decks in the format max out Multi to run on Ditto, or abuse DCE as much if not more as LuxChomp. True, Gengar, Kingdra, and Donphan all run a decent number of basic energies, and Gengar can do damage placement, but Scizor's attack is pretty decent, too, and it can utilize Special Metals. Now, what to run it with...

Although the Legends are good, by far the most broken card in the set is Scizor Prime. Let's see here, what decks don't rely almost entirely on special energies right now? I literally can't think of one. Get this thing active with a Manectric on the bench and Garchomp C X is virtually useless... they can still Bright Look, but many SPs run very, very few basic energies.

Most other top decks in the format max out Multi to run on Ditto, or abuse DCE as much if not more as LuxChomp. True, Gengar, Kingdra, and Donphan all run a decent number of basic energies, and Gengar can do damage placement, but Scizor's attack is pretty decent, too, and it can utilize Special Metals. Now, what to run it with...

When scizor comes into the format, luxchomp players won't just say: " oh, i run too many speacial energies I don't stand a chance." Smart people will run more basic energy.

Plus most sp decks run some basic + energy gain, since both can be pulled with a Cyrus. They'll be able to attack. They may not be happy about Garchomp not getting a DCE Dragon Rush on Scizor, but they'll be able to attack. I think the normal Umbreon is as intriguing as the Scizor Prime. It makes FlyPhan beg for mercy. ^^ "So what if I only do 10 to you, you can't attack me with anything other that VIBRAVA!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back