Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Undefeated in swiss 2nd place report w/AMU PlOX

Rikku11

Hi im Brandon Jones in the senior division, and im from Utah. I attended the Colorado Regionals. I had alot of different decks i was testing, Gyrados, AMUPLOX, Garchomp (Stage 2) and LuxChomp. I decided to play AMU Plox early saturday morning, because i was most comfortable with it. Forgive me if i spell your name wrong or get something wrong from the match, please inform me if i do.

R1 Evander W/Ampharos
I could tell he was new so i didnt go for gardivoir, but i went for gallade. I got a turn 2 Gallade and psychic cut all of his 3 flaffys one after another FTW GG

1-0

R2 Croail W/LuxChomp Absolo G
I get a duoble Azelf start and decide to start with the downer material one. I go 2nd, I time walk for ralts, play it then luxury ball for gardevoir rare candy. Use roseannes for mespret and Uxie. Attatch DCE to gardivoir then I psychic bind and use setup. End. She sets up Garchomp and luxray on her bench. Attatchs a special dark to her Absol and uses cyrus for some stuff then feint attacks ralts. last turn she hit azelf for 30. I played moonlight and attached to gardi and put a belt on gardivoir. Then i telepassed cyrus for wager and used it. I won and drew six. i retreat and psychic lock for the KO. She couldnt get much going after that. I used gallade to KO the rest of her pokemon. GG

2-0

R-3 Allen P. W/Gator Blissey
I got a bad start and couldnt get Gardivoir out for ever. I was down 2 prizes and 2 shoted his gator via expert belt and psychic lock. It took a while to set up another gator because no powers so he gave me some prizes. While he was seting gator up i set up surpreme blast. He hit Gardevoir, then i teleported and used surpreme blast. He couldnt do much after so he just gave me pokemon to kill. GG

3-0

R-4 Sorry i forgot your name! W/ Gengar-Garchomp C
I went first and attatched to ralts. He rare candied gengar (fainting spell) and attatched energy gain to garchomp C on his bench and hit my ralts for 30. i rare candy Gardivoir and use some powers then psychic lock oh and i unown g gardivoir. He attached to garchomp and used poltergist for 30 plus 30 because of weakness. i had gallade on my bench and attatched psychic to gardivoir and used bringdown on gengar. he killed gardivoir with garchomp abd i took my last prizes with gallade. GG

4-0

R5 Jose W/Jumpluff
He goes first, draws and ends i play uxie, attatch expert belt, attatch DCE, play moonlight, retreat Azelf bring up uxie and Psychic restore for 40 to his lone caterpie for the donk. GG

5-0

R6 Victoria W/Gyrados Blissey
I got a lock off from the begining of the game and lock her from powers most of the game. She couldnt do much and only got out 2 gyrados i quickly KOed. GG

6-0

Top 8
1st Brandon Jones (me) W/AMU PLOX
2nd Victoria W/ Gyrados
3rd Pablo W/Cursegar
4th Croail W/ LuxChomp Absol G
5th Heath D. W/ Gyrados
6th Jose W/ Jumpluff
7th dakota c W/ Flygon Kingdra
8th Vincent W/Blaziken FB magmortar

Top 8 Vincent W/ Blaziken FB Magmortar

Game 1
I attatch psychic and future site. he hits me for 10. I rare candy Gardivoir and use roseanes for uxie and azelf and attch DCE then use my powers and psychic lock. He hit me for ten. i Continued to do this for a couple more turns FTW. GG

Game 2
Pretty much the same as game 1. GG

7-0

Top 4 Heath D. W/Gyardos
Game 1
I setup Gardivoir quick and he lookers me. He then used 2 reversal and 2 super scoop up and gets tails on all of them. They wouldnt have helped much anyway but i felt very bad for him :( he scoops that game.GG

Game 2
I go first and attatch psychic to ralts theb futeure site. cant remember his 1st turn. i draw rare candy gardivoir and attatch DCE then he scooped. GG

8-0

Top 2 Pablo W/ Cursegar
Game 1
I start with 2 ralts, 2 rare candy, Pokedex, Pokemon communication, and a roseanes. i went first. dand :( i draw. i would have been fine if i went second so i could attatch an energy. He started with spirtomb, ghastly, and baltoy. he draws uses roseannes for unown q quicks his spirtomb retreats, rare candy gengar(curse) then attatchs warp energy and brings up spirtomb and used darkness grace for claydol. I was like wow that is a good turn 1! now im scared. i draw and cant play any of my now 5 trainers in my hand!!!! and just attatch and do some stuff. he just sets up another gengar and it took me forever to get out gardivoir and. he starts taking easy prizes with gengar then switching with spitomb. at one point i used lock up on spirtomb to stall. dont remember much more but after i killed spirtomb i got out alot of stuff and brought it to a 1-1 prize and then he cursed my gardevoir for 10 to put it at 110. then he leveled down for the win. GG

Game 2
same hands as game one :( but i started with azelf downer material. same stuff happened as game one. it was down to a 1-1 prize again and then there was only one way i could win so i played ralts attatched psychic to it and used hypnoblast and rolled heads! he was asleep and rolled tails. then ended and rolled tails again. i retreated and brought up azelf level up and deep ballance claydol for 5. 3 away from being KOed! I needed him to roll tails one more time for me to win. but he rolled a heads and then killed my azelf for then win. i asked him if he rolled tails would i have one? but he had a warp energy he drew that tirn so i would have lost anyway. GG

8-1

I lost 25 points alone to pablo because i was 200 points above him.

I was a little sad just because he got perfect hands both games for my 5 trainer hand i couldnt play and attatch an energy but thats ok 2nd is good too. i congrdulated him and went and told everyone what happened.

Props-
Getting 2nd
colorado
all the ppl there were great
hearing about kyle falling off the tredmill and slamming into the glass window hahaha
seeing all of my pkmn friends

slops-
freakin loosing to luck and unlucky me 2 times in a row
3 hours of sleep
karl missing the cut by one spot

Back