Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Undefeated Report w/ LuxChomp

KAZUTO!!!

Mmkay, so after coming second losing to Machamp/Gengar I figured LuxChomp wouldn't be the best play, especially since Gengar/Vileplume also seemed to be popular and I've only played vs. that once. Sooo I decided to play Steelix. But I'm lazy and didn't build it till the night before, but my friend came over so I never got the chance. So I tried to build it in the morning but it didn't work out as I was missing like 20 cards I couldn't find immediatly lol.

SO that left me with LuxChomp. I changed a few cards to hopefully increase my Machamp and Vileplume matchups and registered. I got there with 5 minutes left till registration closed lol.

There are 10 Seniors so 3 Rounds Top 2 Cut, yay same as last week.

Round 1 vs. Tyler Nex? w/ Nidoking?

I open with Uxie I believe and do some stuff, T3 Rush his lone King. He Uxies and I Spray, and he jut attaches and ends, I EQ KO, next turn Rush FTW. He never really got anything up and never did any damage to me. GG.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Joey G. w/ GEngar/Plume

I open super well except I lack a Cyrus but it's all good vs. his Tomb. I Bright Look T2 and play around Fainting Spell for the whole game. At one point I get a double KO with Bats on Tombs and such. He never gets a Plume up as he only plays 1-1-1. Anyways I win fairly easily, GG.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Clay M. w/ Gengar/Plume

Wee this thing again. I open Drifloon vs. Tomb, yay. Drifloon has Free Retreat though so it's all good. I believe I Bite T2 and drag up PLume and 2HKO soon. After that it's a matter of picking up Prizes and limiting my hand, and he can't do much. I win pretty easily again, GG.

3-0

Yay so I'm in the Finals, I'm pretty confident in all my possible matches (GePlume, GePlume, or Sablelock). Turns out I'm against my Round 3 opponent again.

Top 2 vs. Clay M. w/ Gengar/Plume

Game 1: I open Chomp vs. Tomb, go first (4th time in a row!), DCE Claw Swipe for 10!. He Graces to Gloom, and I Energy Bench some stuff and EQ, putting it 10 away. He decides to Grace again and I get a Prize, and then the rest of the game is rather unclear to me; I do remember I took out Plume early once again and then it was simply a matter of playing around Spell, Polter, and Shadow Room. GG.

1-0

Game 2:
I open Chomp vs. Tomb again (joy T_T), but this time it's considerably worse as I have like 5 T/S/S in my hand, most of them Trainers. I do the same thing I did before, Claw Swipe then Quake, but have to burn through 2 DCEs and then he Poltergeists. At this point I think I lose but I'm up a game so no point in scooping now. I continune on, managing to get rid of Plume with Luxray and then PONTing out my hand and burning through Trainers. He's up but now I start to come back. I make a fun play by double Batting an Uxie I had EQ'd earlier and then Bright Looking an Uxie, Bat Impact 2 Prizes putting me up 2-4, but he responds by COmpound Paining for 2 Prizes. =) He takes the enxt Prize and the major advantage and now I'm sure I lose but I don't scoop; I'm faster than him and more likely to be up on Prizes early on if time is called. After thinking for a while I decide by best course of action, which I now forget but I think it's just Dragon Rushing twice. He Poltergeists by 7 card hand but I only have one Trainer in there. <3 I now need a Poketurn to win it and have a PONT to do it. I PONT and wiff, but only two Trainers so I don't think he can win. I just Flash Impact the Gengar X, he can't do it and just Levels Down my Chomp and Compound Pains. He wins next turn but it doesn't matter, I Bebe's for Chomp, Level up and Dragon Rush FTW. GG.

2-0

4-0

So I FINALLY get a Victory Medal lolz. In my packs I get the other half of Rayquaza/Deoxys LEGEND and nothing else.

Props

Cor
Kevin
Joey
LuxChomp
Winning
Bidier
Sandy
Drifblim <3
DODGING MACHAMP
Other people/things I forgot

Slops

Playing Gengar/Plume 3 times in a row
Justin playing Donphan/Machamp and failing =P

Jacob - Inorite I'm so awesome. =P Thanks.

Olliver - HE'S AMAZING. (Jacob told me to write that).

Zak - Thank you.

Olliver - You hear voices in your head? =O

Cor - Yeah, let's do it again on teh 10th. =P

Chris - October 10th 2010 is my next and final BR.

Nishidawin - GJ on 12-2?

Aaron - Yeah I'll probably be able to go to Regs, lol. Did you not go to any BRs (or are not going to any)?

Olliver - Yeah, Neopets > Everything clearly.

Porri Sames - I'm not from Oregon. =P But yeah it does seem that way doesn't it?

Back