Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Uninstall Programs... in Vista.. that WON'T

Mew*

So here's the deal, just got a new computer with Vista of course. From the minute I turned it on it was begging me to use Norton which was preinstalled with a bunch of other garbage and I said no since I use Comodo. Well, for some reason it constantly starts up Norton anyway, even after I tried to uninstall it where at the end the uninstaller stopped responding. So now Vista just gives an error when I try to uninstall it or even delete the files myself. Norton doesn't even show up in the system tray but I know it is running.

I tried a program called Perfect Uninstaller, it seemed to be working, but here it does nothing until you pay.
Does anybody have any tips of what I can do to get rid of it, like free software or just things you did in a similar situation. Thanks.

Ow.... Norton has always been a pain about uninstalling......
Give me a min and I will see what I can come up with.

EDIT:
I AIM one of my friends and I PMed you the instructions he gave me.

Thanks a lot for that. I solved the Norton problem. On their site they have this official tool that removes everything. Thank goodness!
I mean there are no traces of it left. It is off the startup programs list, off the start menu, off the uninstall list, desktop shortcut gone, and norton folders in programs files is finally gone.
I'm sure other people want to get rid of it too, so here's the link.

Now to tackle other things lol.

Last edited:
Back