Technical Machines: 3
3 : Moonlight Stadium, GE-100

ENERGY: 16
Special Energy: 3
3 : Call Energy, MD-92
Basic Energy: 13
3 : Darkness Energy, DP-129
10 : Psychic Energy, DP-127

Alright, so the first thing you'll notice is a TRUCKLOAD of Basics. More than I could ever actually put on the bench. That's why I'm gonna have a strategy section.

The Stage:

Moonlight Stadium:

Free Retreat for all the Unown, and especially W, is awesome. My tech Cards like it too.

Primary Active:

Unown W.

With 90 HP, and a Pokebody that reduces damage taken by 10, Unown W does jst what it says it does: Wall. Additionally, it has the strongest Base Power of my Unowns, at 50 for PCC, which also draws a card. It's essential function is to stall untill I get my Bench setup, and what my Bench will look like depends entirely on my opponent's deck.

Secondary Attacker:

Unown Z

Unown Z's Hidden Power states the following:

PC: Remove as many damage counters as you like from each Unown you have in play. Put that many damage counters on the Defending Pokemon.

Unown W can hold up to 8 before fainting. Each. With all my other Unown possibly taking hits from Aero, you can rest assured he is a boost to this deck, not a hindrance. That it also removes every iota of damage from my primary walls is a plus.

Energy Movement:

Unown R

Unown R has an energy-less attack that lets me move basic energy around. If it survives my opponent's attack, it can then serve as a draw next turn.

For Continuing Support, Bounce Junk

Unown B lets you flip a coin once every turn and return an Unown to your Deck (all attachments are discarded.)

Unown J has a power that flips a coin when placed on the bench. If heads, put any trainer in your discard into your hand.

If this iffy chance is successful, I can bring J right back into my hand with Rosanne's Research, plus one other card. I admit it is not reliable, but Unown B can also scoop up a heavily damaged W in a pinch, or make some bench space for another, more currently useful Unown.

Unown has no Weak:

Azelf Lv. X removes Unown W's only major flaw in the +30 Psy weakness. It is unfortunately not affected by Unseen, but it is also a cheap attacker.

No Mewtwo Lv. X allowed

Mightyena helps fend off Mewtwo Lv. X and other strong basics.

Anti- Kingdra: WUKE

Should I come upon a Kingdra Deck, I will use Rosanne's or Call Energy to bring out Unown U and Unown K. U prevents my Unown from taking bench damage from attacks. K allows me to heal 2 damage counters on the active pokemon (I think. If not, K is gone and I hate attacks/powers that reference 2vs2 play). When i get a chance, I can equip E to Unown W to increase its already high HP. Thus, I can effectively wall Kingdra even if it discards, and its discards only truly effect Unown W, who can stand up to 3 discard boosted blasts.

If all else fails and the Kingdra is candied, Devoluter works well.

Any suggestions you have would be wonderful.

J gets trainers, not supporters

K removes damage from them, its bad.

Z is absolutely sick against any spread deck.

L is the Mew EX to Unowns, ever consider?

Snowpoint Temple is absolutely needed.

J gets trainers, not supporters

K removes damage from them, its bad.

Z is absolutely sick against any spread deck.

L is the Mew EX to Unowns, ever consider?

Snowpoint Temple is absolutely needed.

Looks like K is out. I'll probably put in Cress/X since they do similar things to what I wanted, have good starting HP, also benefit from moonlight, and Cress has a decent searching attack.

I looked at L. Unown R was the only HP I found remotely interesting (other than Z), and R has 10 more HP and a better power to boot. Unown L itself does have a good HP, but I'd really only ever use it if I needed my Stadium back. I might throw one in as a Tech, but otherwise the 50 HP is a turnoff.

I constantly debated Moonlight vs. Snowpoint, but decided on Moonlight because otherwise Unown W is just too immobile. Going back to Cressy X, it has similar durability, but can't be used with Unown Z's attack. Unown W is the greatest soak for Unown Z.

Hmm... so J can't get Supporters or Stadiums? That is rather lame. I thought when it said Trainer, it meant any trainer.

In that case, I'll use Felicity's Drawing as my main supporter and use Supporter equivalents like Premier Ball, Poke Radar, and Energy Search to use with Join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back