Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited tournament UK anyone?

ape101

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing in an unlimited tournament, so here's just really a place for people to voice their opinion. It'd be great if we could get a decent tournament set up.

Let me know,

Tom

Yes I would, but not if it is as far away as you are from me as with any tournemant :( However, something like that as a Nationals side-event :)

One tourney concept I would be very interested in playing in would be any tournament where player-made proxies are allowed. So a sort of test game where the new players and people who don't want to buy expensive level Xs can play.

^that could be a difficult one as if you allow it in a *specail* tourney some people may think its the norm to do it like this and start doing it at league and proper tourneys

^that could be a difficult one as if you allow it in a *specail* tourney some people may think its the norm to do it like this and start doing it at league and proper tourneys

Unlimited.....

Hmmm sounds like a fun side event for a big event.......

And sides will play a major part of 2009 Nats.......

:smile:

thing is if you do it as a side event at nats what about the people would like to play that will be playing in the main event like myself and ape?
and i was refering to allowing proxies in the previous post :biggrin:

hey Tom have you taken your prof test yet?? (btw i know this is out of topic)

and yeah if theres unlimited i want to play too haha

Is unlimited viable any more?

Blastoise Raindance plus Forretress's Iron Shell body would seem like game over for unlimited - unless you are really bad on hitting the expected number of tails on Iron Shell that is.

Last edited:
Re: Icebrakerz - Yep, i pased it a while ago.

Re: No Poke- Gust of wind pretty much kills blastoise forretress in unlimited. The deck needs at least a few turns to set up to get the energy. GOW disrupts that. We'll see......

I might be wrong, but I'm thinking that NoPoke is referring to the idea of rushing through your deck putting lots of energy on drawing mad and then brineying for them all back and using again. E.g. 12 coin flips is one turn is enough to win the game, you don't get an opportunity or any use out of gusting Blastoise, just appears and wins the game.

I have no experience, but my inital thoughts are that Vileplume ex or Kabutops would stop the strategy and generally makes stage 2s unplayable.

Vileplume is a beast..... though Suicune Ex, Blastoise Base set, Slowking (stop trainers) is good. Dont have teh cards to play but some of my ideas are fun :)

A word of caution to all would be TO's and judges; there's a reason Unlimited is not really played - just take a look at the discussions elsewhere on the card interactions and rulings to be made.. ugh I for one would not want to judge at any unlimited event - you can bet that it will get messy.

And then there is the issue of access to older cards for new players, nope better off doing something more along the lines of the professor cup formats than unlimited.

I ran a Mini Prof Cup event in my league with only uncommons and commons allowed. It worked really good!

Back