Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unova Open - Oakville Canada - October 19

LucarioLvlX

Matt K and I are running a full day of tournament play to celebrate the new season, the new rules and the new X and Y video games.

UNOVA OPEN
Saturday 19 October 2013
Comic Connection
490 Speers Road, Oakville 905-338-2209
www.comicconnectionoakville.com
Registration starts at 10 am and the tournament starts at 11 am
With the tournament season starting soon and with the new rules and cards coming into play, I’m pleased to announce the Unova Open. Players will have the opportunity to experience the new rules and try out their decks before the upcoming Regional and City Championships! The grand prize for this tournament will be a Limited Edition Pokemon X and Y 3DS XL! Other prizes will include:
- A World’s Competitor Bag
- Pokemon World’s Competitor Shirts
- Plasma Blast Booster Boxes
- … and many more Pokemon items!
Information about the tournament itself can be found below. I hope to see all of you there!
UNOVA OPEN
Structure:
Swiss Best 2 out of 3; 50 minute time limit
Top Cut Best 2 out of 3; 1 hour time limit
Rules:
60 card decks; NXD and on
Winner of coin flip decides who goes first
Player who goes first is not allowed to attack
Pokemon Catcher now requires a flip
Tropical Beach can be proxied with a photocopy or World Championship Card for this tournament
Ages: All ages are combined together
Registration: For those that are interested in attending and would like to pre-register, please inbox me on Facebook or e-mail me at [email protected]. We will also be accepting registrations on the day of the tournament.

Prizes:
1st: Nintendo 3DS XL Limited Edition Pokemon X or Y (winner chooses colour)
2nd: Pokemon X or Y (winner chooses version)
Cost:
Pre-registration
Masters: $18.00, Seniors: $15.00, Juniors: $12.00
Registration at door
All divisions: $22.00
UNOVA SIDE EVENTS
We will be holding 8 -16 player tournaments throughout the day for various prizes. Information for these side events can be found below.
8 player pods (Old format catcher and first turn rules not enforced)

Best 2 out of 3; 50 minute time limit
Single elimination

8 player pods (New format where catcher and first turn rules are enforced)

Single elimination

16-32 player pods (New format)

Single elimination

16-32 Player pods (Ugly Cup format DP-ON)

Single elimination

All of the above tournament structures are still open to change. If there is a format that players would like to play, I am welcoming suggestions. Otherwise, if players are interested in these formats please have a deck ready to meet the tournament requirements.

UNOVA LOTTERY

We also be having random draws during the day for our MYSTERY TINS. Each tin will contain anything from Pokemon packs, Pokemon badges, Pokemon league collectibles, Pokemon EXs, or even a voucher for the new Pokemon set coming out in November!

Back