Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unown G

shiftrymaster68

Scenario #1: You have an Active Lucario Lv.X Active with 3 Fighting Energy attached to it, along with an Unown G (GE). You use Lucario Lv.X's attack, Close Combat, doing 80 damage. However, I'm confused about how exactly Close Combat's effect works when involved with Unown G. I'd assume the effect of "Until the end of your opponent's next turn, all damage done to Lucario is increased by 30..." is stopped by Unown G. I'd also assume it works the same when Rhyperior uses Rock Wrecker with Unown G attached as well.

Scenario #2: A player has Magmortar Lv.X Active with a Double Rainbow and 2 Fire attached, along with Unown G again. They announce they will use Mag Lv.X's Flame Bluster. This is where I think it gets confusing. First, due to Unown, does Magmortar's Energy even get discarded? If it doesn't, then what happens witht he attack? Does it effectively become "free"? Or does it fail since Unown prevents that cost/effect of discarding?

Thanks in advance!

Guys, we said that we would ask about the text on Unown G.
It doesn't make sense to make a bunch of rulings on something that we're don't know is correct or not.

Back