Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Updating rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreon777

I'm not sure if this only happends to me, but what I have been told is that OP is supposed to update your rating score immediately after the tournament's duration. This I know, is not true. Or atleast in my area. What exactly does it depend on? Is it the judge who has to send in the results? Because sometimes I have to wait 4-5 days after a tournament before my rating score even changes. So all that I am asking is whether it is customary or not whenever the ranking isn't updated for a few days.

-Dustin

Uh...well

The rankings updates happens at every midnight - Pacific time.

That updates will recalcuates everything at that minute to include the tournament reports that the TOs uploaded during the last 24 hrs of each day.

Most TOs will do their best to get the results uploaded to the OP site quickly. We know that players watch the ratings updates :D. However... yes there is a however, Stuff happens and sometimes the upload gets delayed. There may be errors with the upload too, it is not unknown for players to give incorrect POP IDs.

After the tournament has been successfully uploaded, check its status on the OP website, wait a day and the ratings will have been recalculated.

HTH

TO's have up to 14 days to upload the results of a tournament. Most do not take anywhere near that long, but they are within their requirements if they do. As NoPoke said, sometimes things happen that delay the process. If they forget and the 14 days pass they get a stern reminder from PUI that they have a delinquent tournament to report.

While you may be anxious to see how your ratings change with each tournament, it will be a long time until the rating invites are awarded. When a tournament is finally uploaded, the rankings will calculate correctly because the process evaluates every tournament that has been reported for the entire season, in the order they were held, when the process runs overnight.

BDS

At 14 days the TO gets a reminder to upload the tournament, which at that point is delinquent. Failure to do so after that can be grounds for loss of TO status. I can't think of why anyone would risk that, so I imagine they get uploaded at some point. Even if the TO were to upload at 15+ days, the rankings would still calculate correctly.

BDS

Oh ok , phew cuz my CC from the 15th of DEC hasnt been uploaded.. but I guess it will soon.

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER

I'm not sure if this only happends to me, but what I have been told is that OP is supposed to update your rating score immediately after the tournament's duration. This I know, is not true. Or atleast in my area. What exactly does it depend on? Is it the judge who has to send in the results? Because sometimes I have to wait 4-5 days after a tournament before my rating score even changes. So all that I am asking is whether it is customary or not whenever the ranking isn't updated for a few days.

-Dustin

First off, they have 14 days to report it before it becomes a problem. After 14 days if still not reported I would assume POP goes and contacts them to find out.

A good way to tell if your rating is gonna change is to look at your win/loss record. If it changes during the day a good chance that when you wake up the next morning (in the USA) it will have been updated.

Drew

Yeah...hope one of my cities TO do not delay the uploads :(
This person delayed a cities for like 3 months and a Nationals for like a month. Not fun.

Well, the ranking that I was originally waiting on (which sparked this thread) was updated overnight 1/2 - 1/3. Thank you all for the information.

The *click* trifecta

I know a PTO who has gone over that deadline on more than one occassion.

Then email [email protected], as they will know any mitigating circumstances or lack thereof...

Well, the ranking that I was originally waiting on (which sparked this thread) was updated overnight 1/2 - 1/3. Thank you all for the information.

Welcome!

Let's lock this as complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back