Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Upper Energy! An Angel is comming.

senior pokeboy

The Special Energy Upper is comming in Platinum Rising Rivals. This is what it does:
Upper Energy Provides :colorless.
If you have less prize cards left than your opponent, Upper Energy provides 2 :colorless (exept for lv.X).

This is a great card, something like Scramble just not as good (would i say). With this is G&G MAYBE back. This really help G&G, but i don't think it is good enough. But on the other hand, you can start with a Pokemon like Absol or Sableye untill it gets KO then Quick get the energys on Gallade and flip some prizes. In the next turn you attach an Energy normally and you just keep on.

Upper Energy isn't only for G&G but everything. Machamp if you need to get a quicker Rage. Anything that needs 2 :colorless fast.
What do you think about Upper Energy? I will try to make a G&G deck with this (hope it works).
Just come with your idea to what you would use it to? And also how good it is from 1-10, and come with a reason.
Thanks.

In my opinion, this energy is to offset the "domination" of the Big Basics.

Stage 2 decks have to sacrifice in order set up. I'm looking forward to working this into BIG STAGE 2 MONSTER decks. Sacrifice some starters and then... *SMASH CITY BABY!!!*

So.. my combo is BTS and Upper Energy FTW

On a side note, Ttar likes this card, a lot. :)

Not quite as good as scramble would have been with ttar *drools again*, but it should help with a quick extra 40 damage with Grind.

Firstly, it doesn't help Level X's, so a couple decks can't use it for comeback value. Though, that's an inconvenience from the second and more important thing is that it provides 2 colourless energy, compared to Scramble's 3 Energy of your choice. This limits which pokemon gain the ability.

yeah I get to play with my Japanese Upper Energies for a bit, then poof. yeah.
A possible return of Absol/Pl0x may be seen/ hopefully not.

Hello Abomasnow. Hello Machamp Rage out of nowhere. Hello Gallade and Gardevior. I love Upper Energy.

i have already made my G&G deck i just need to try it.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

It's ALIVE!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!:lol:

I have made G&G and it is working.:cool:
Here is the list:

Pokemon 22
4 Ralts (PT is best)
2 Kirlia (SW)
3 Gallade
2 Gardevoir (SW)
1 Gardevoir (PT)
1 Gardevoir lv.X
2-2 Claydol
1 Azelf
4 Sableye/Absol (i have chosen Sableye, but it is possible with both also, i would say Sableye because of it's HP)

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium 25
4 Bebe's
3 Roseanne's
1 Luxury Ball
4 Rare Candy
2 BTS
2 Warp Point
3 POV
2 Night Main.
1 Premier Ball
3 Plus Power

Energy 13
4 Upper Energy
9 :psychic:

Strategy: Start with Absol/Sableye for Absol: stop speed of opponent and Sableye: to help you. These are for Sacraficing so you can use Upper. When you have Gallade and Claydol up (quick with Sableye, BTS and Rare Candy) you give Gallade a normal :psychic: (not Upper, because you have to supprise). Then next turn Sableye/Absol should have been KO, you attach Upper and Strike Fast. Next turn again you can just attach normally. By this time you should have a Gardevoir (PT) so you can Warp and move all :psychic: energys attached to Gallade (2) and attach to Gardevoir (you want to do this if you don't have Prize cards left to flip). You can also send out Gardevoir (SW) for stopping Poke-Powers.
Plus Power is for giving Odd damage with Gallade.

This deck is good against Donk/Speed decks because of the Sacrafice in the start.

Last edited:
Owch, being a plox player that burns my eyes to see. upper energy is great but the above deck sucks.

please post that in deck help forum so it can be fixed. it really neads help.

I'm really looking forward to this card and at the same time I'm not. It would immensely help my deck out but it with Upper Energy G&G becomes playable again. I'm sure that the people that kept their G&G cards for giggles will be happy now.

I kept my GG cards because I absolutely ADORE Gardevoir, and I can assure you, I've been drooling over that card since the moment I've seen it.
That said, there is a LOT more that will welcome this card. Just think of all the possibilities. Slaking might get a chance to shine, the Nidos could see moderate play, T2 Ursaring (Yeah right), there is a lot depending on where you look.
Still.
It cannot be relied upon such as one could on Scramble Energy simply because of it not providing anything but colorless.

why is everyone obsessed with bringing gg back...it wont be nearly as effective in this format

I agree. It might be strong in its heyday, but in the format we have now, it's just not at that level anymore, compared to a few others.

Wow this actually makes Gyarados G somewhat playable. Use this with Bronzong to move energy from a poke that gonna be knocked out and bring up Gyarados, attach an upper and OHKO

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I just thought of something. This breaks Gigas. Sacrifice and due a T2 gigaton punch or Gigapower is redic.

Last edited:
Back