Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US Nationals 2013 date?

Nobody knows yet. They'll announce when they're good and ready to announce.

Meh, why start it the day after a holiday? A lot of people either aren't going to be able to come or will have to travel Friday morning.

Meh, why start it the day after a holiday? A lot of people either aren't going to be able to come or will have to travel Friday morning.

The convention center is booked by two other groups totalling 6600 people the weekend prior, and by one group totalling 5000 people the week after.

That was the weekend I was desperately hoping for. According to the Convention Center schedule of upcoming events, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING going on there that weekend. It means that the downtown hotels should be reasonably inexpensive. Last time this happened, I got the Marriott for $55 a night. I'm guessing it'll be something similar to that this year.

That was the weekend I was desperately hoping for. According to the Convention Center schedule of upcoming events, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING going on there that weekend. It means that the downtown hotels should be reasonably inexpensive. Last time this happened, I got the Marriott for $55 a night. I'm guessing it'll be something similar to that this year.

Well the hotels are not looking great at the moment. I just checked a bunch and they are more than last year and a few are only offering higher-end rooms like the Crowne Plaza only shows the train cars available to accommodate a family of 4. Maybe the Convention Center website is not up-to-date.

That's not really any different than last year, just replace "500 CP" with "Invite to the World Championships". It's the same thing.

Oh my bad. Didn't realize that. These new numbers are a little different. plus I've never really looked to closely into that stuff.

Does it REALLY matter?
It's not that big of a deal, it's just kind of interesting. Maybe extra CP's can be redeemed for prizes at the end of the season or something. I'd actually like that. Maybe towards the end of the season, on Pokemon.com, they can have a little checkbox thing where you can redeem CP's for prizes. You could choose to redeem a worlds invite for 400, so if you can't make it to worlds but have a ton of points, you can still be rewarded for your hard work.

It's not that big of a deal, it's just kind of interesting. Maybe extra CP's can be redeemed for prizes at the end of the season or something. I'd actually like that. Maybe towards the end of the season, on Pokemon.com, they can have a little checkbox thing where you can redeem CP's for prizes. You could choose to redeem a worlds invite for 400, so if you can't make it to worlds but have a ton of points, you can still be rewarded for your hard work.
I seriously love this idea.

While I like the idea, if they did they wouldn't continue to give such a massive number to Top 8 at Nats - right now it's a throw away, it could be 2,000,000,000 points and it wouldn't matter. As soon as they tie some other reward into it, they would likely cut that huge number back to something more reasonably scaled against the other placements, and then include in the prize package an invite w/o CP.

Back