Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US Nats Attendance Numbers

Hi!

I attend Nationals every year, and I usually jot down the announced attendance numbers, but I usually trash them from my phone after a few months. Unfortunately, I'm beginning a large school project, and I'm tackling Pokemon as my subject.

I got the 2012 attendance numbers from the pokemon.com website, but I can't seem to pull up the attendance numbers for previous years. Ideally I'd like to nab attendance numbers by division. I'll take what I can get, so I don't really mind what years they are from.

My main focus in the project is to point out the lower Junior and Senior turnout compared to the growing Masters division, so I'd like to use the attendance numbers as research data.

If anyone has these numbers handy, that would be awesome. I figured if anyone had them it would be someone here at the old Gym. Thanks guys. :)

Last edited:
Hi!

I attend Nationals every year, and I usually jot down the announced attendance numbers, but I usually trash them from my phone after a few months. Unfortunately, I'm beginning a large school project, and I'm tackling Pokemon as my subject.

I got the 2012 attendance numbers from the pokemon.com website, but I can't seem to pull up the attendance numbers for previous years. Ideally I'd like to nab attendance numbers by division. I'll take what I can get, so I don't really mind what years they are from.

My main focus in the project is to point out the lower Junior and Senior turnout compared to the growing Masters division, so I'd like to use the attendance numbers as research data.

If anyone has these numbers handy, that would be awesome. I figured if anyone had them it would be someone here at the old Gym. Thanks guys. :)

Hey there, I recently pulled attendance numbers from various posts/reports to counter an argument on another thread. I don't have them all handy because I only needed Europe's/United States. Check Jason's Intl Nationals thread in the Intl section for other numbers.

USA- JR/SR/MA/TOTAL
180 322 1005 1507

Europe- JR/SR/MA/TOTAL
Belgium 4 8 21 33
Switzerland 6 21 24 51
Sweden 8 11 26 45
Austria 11 19 28 58
Finland 11 22 60 93
Czech Republic 14 17 47 78
Denmark 17 13 47 77
Netherlands 19 43 92 154
Italy 27 22 92 141
UK 36 39 81 156
Germany 38 68 165 271
France 55 40 113 208
Norway 16 25 57 98

JR/SR/MA/TOTAL for Europe
262 348 853 1463

Missing Data from these European countries (Assuming they have a National Championship, these countries are listed on Pokemon.com)
Poland
Portugal
Spain
Russia
Greece
Malta

If you find any data for any of those missing countries plz post them here, thx.

You should only be missing Canada, Mexico, Some Europe, South America, and Asia/Pacific

Portugal and Malta definitely had Nats (Malta Nats is incredibly small though).

Polish players had to organize an unoffical Nats as they have no OP

I know that Spain has no OP (which is really strange)

No idea about Russia or Greece but I've never heard of any Nats in those countries.

I actually only need the US Nationals numbers, ideally from 2009-2011, but if anyone has pre-2009 numbers those would be handy too.

Thanks for the international numbers though. They may come in handy for my work.

The Pokemon.com article states US Nationals has 191 Juniors, 323 Seniors, and 1007 Masters for a total of 1521 players. No idea which source is correct, as Friday's morning announcement states 190 Juniors, 324 Seniors, and 1005 Masters for a total of 1519. A couple people won't effect my overall argument for the paper though so it is not a huge deal.

I actually only need the US Nationals numbers, ideally from 2009-2011, but if anyone has pre-2009 numbers those would be handy too.

Thanks for the international numbers though. They may come in handy for my work.

The Pokemon.com article states US Nationals has 191 Juniors, 323 Seniors, and 1007 Masters for a total of 1521 players. No idea which source is correct, as Friday's morning announcement states 190 Juniors, 324 Seniors, and 1005 Masters for a total of 1519. A couple people won't effect my overall argument for the paper though so it is not a huge deal.

The Pokemon.com article is most likely correct. There may of been players in the wrong age group or there may of been late entries that were not taken care of until after announcements.

The numbers in my previous post is this years nats, 2012, I should of said that in my post.

Back