Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US Release

There seems to be no new "official date" listed anywhere. I talked to 2 gaming stores today, and they both said that their distributors do not have it in stock yet.

The official word that my league store got from the distributor was 'stuck in customs' which he said is the catch-all answer that could mean tomorrow, 4 weeks, or never.

I've been following the TCG thread but I'm a little surprised that there was no official announcement on the website. Plus there have been commercials, etc. and now a big blitz from TRU with Pokemon Boutiques which now have empty displays. I guess that I was just hoping that the thread was a misinformed rumor because I have some very disappointed kids that have been waiting for these figs for quite awhile.

The official word that my league store got from the distributor was 'stuck in customs' which he said is the catch-all answer that could mean tomorrow, 4 weeks, or never.

I've been following the TCG thread but I'm a little surprised that there was no official announcement on the website. Plus there have been commercials, etc. and now a big blitz from TRU with Pokemon Boutiques which now have empty displays. I guess that I was just hoping that the thread was a misinformed rumor because I have some very disappointed kids that have been waiting for these figs for quite awhile.

Yep Toys R Us had nothing to show at the Pokemon (ghost town) Boutigues in my area, nothing like dropping the ball.

Awesome! We ordered a box/case/whatever from our league store and they have not gotten them yet. Soon, soon, soon.... I still might sneak over to TRU today. :wink:

OK, so now they are out! What is everyone finding? Our gaming store, The Guardtower, only got:

STARTER SET
===========
Flamethrower
Riptide

SINGLE BOOSTER
==============
Absol
Groudon
Kyogre
Mudkip
Pikachu
Torchic

Anyone finding other figs? I'm not sure whether to let my boys buy extras of these for trading or having them save their pennies for when the next batch is released.

I saw the 2 starter sets at the TRU where I got Manaphy today. There was a guy looking at the other Pokemon stuff, and I told him about the game, he seemed kinda interested.

Kind of pricey though, IIRC they were $17.99 each.

The figs do look really nice though.

We went to another gaming store yesterday after the TRU Manaphy event. They had both starters and the same 6 single booster figs. It is a new store so we felt a bit bad that we didn't need any which would have given him a sale. But then another customer started asking me about the TFG and in a few moments my 9 year old had his whole set out and demo'd the game to this customer and then the owner right in the middle of the store. It was awesome! And both non-Pokemon adults liked it and said that they could definitely see kids LOVING it. The owner put a 'Store Top Pick' sign on the display after trying it out.

I saw the 2 starter sets at the TRU where I got Manaphy today. There was a guy looking at the other Pokemon stuff, and I told him about the game, he seemed kinda interested.

Kind of pricey though, IIRC they were $17.99 each.

The figs do look really nice though.

Toys r us is always overpriced, the suggested price is $13.99 or $14.99

Back