Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

USA gets D/P, all others not! Or, next set is...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glumanda

Rulings Compendium Translator
News from the homepage of the German LD:

http://www.amigo-spiele.de/PM_News_160207_Produkte.Amigo

A quick and dirty translation:
New Pokemon products in Q2 2007
In Q2 (could be May) an english EX: Epic Collection will be released in Europe - some kind of "Best of EX" Set with the best and most famous cards of the EX: Series. There will be no prerelease tournaments for this set, as it does not contain any new cards. [Rest is about German Prerelases]

Start of the new pokemon-era Diamond/Pearl
The first Set of Diamond & Pearl will internationally (this means outside the USA) be released in Q3 (means July or later, but in any case after the release of the video games) - this is tentative.
European Nationals will not be carried out with Diamond & Pearl. Qualified players will receive Diamond & Pearl-material in time, in order to playtest. The new rules should also be made availabale in time.

I do not comment on this, I was angry enough on Wednesday when I heard this for the first time. This leaves a whole bunch of questions...

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. We're getting punished so that the DP1 cards can coincide with the release of the Nintendo DS games?

And the way we are compensated is by ANOTHER reprint set? Why can we not get some more promos? Hopefully we can get them to reprint cards from BEFORE EX Ruby&Sapphire, but that is unlikely as Europe will be the only place that has those cards. Having said that, this puts everywhere but the US at a disadvantage if no 'new' cards are given to us! How will Worlds work then? A mass ban on all the newest sets?

The only way this would appease me is if this was some type of set which gave us the Vending cards plus all the cards we've not got as promos over the years. Since I know that'll never happen, this news makes me mad!

Only one comment

How can you send somebody to Worlds who did not qualify with the same format deck as legal for Worlds.

All remaining questions I will not ask, to silly for words.
Tournament rules have to be changed for modified legal if this is going to happen.

I had to dig far into the Pokegym history to find it, but here it is

One format to rule them all... (except for Japan)

And this one > QFT
PUI's standard release schedule will not be changing in the coming years. We will continue to push for a 4-set cut in coming years, but realize that OP is not the only department that makes a decision on what the new format will look like.

Last edited:
next set?

German Text:
Ich hab leider ne schlechte Nachricht, ich habe hier vor längeren veröffentlicht, dass das nächste Set endlich Perle und Diamand sein wird, doch PUI hat für uns noch ein anderes Set darzwischen gelegt.

EX Epic Collection wird es heißen und wird eine Art "Best of EX" Set mit den besten und beliebtesten Karten aus den EX Serien. Ein ziemlich schlappes Set, bin gespannt was es beinhalten wird. Weiter wird es dieses Jahr um den 1.Mai deshalb auch KEINE Prerelease-Turniere geben, da es keine neuen Karten enthalten wird.

nd english translation (babelfish)
I have unfortunately a bad message, I published here longer ago that the next set will finally be Pearl and Diamand, but PUI put for us still another another set between. it will be called Ex Epic Collection and becomes a kind "Best OF ex" set with the best and most popular cards from the ex series. A rather bad set, is strained which it will contain. It will continue to give this year around the 1. Mai therefore also NO Prerelease tournaments, since it will not contain new cards.

Is it true?

Text from www.carddex.net

truely?
but why do they say in next sentence:
[Deshalb wird es bloß deutsche Power-Keepers zu der Zeit geben./I]

Cause of this, it will only give german Power Keepers Prereleases in this time

This is from the official German distributor website.
see the other topic Glumanda made, it looks like we don't get D/P in May.

Große Dinge werfen Ihre Schatten voraus!

Neue Pokémon-Produkte im 2. Quartal 2007
In Quartal 2 (voraussichtlich im Mai) wird in Europa eine englischsprachige EX Epic Collection erscheinen - eine Art "Best of EX" Set mit den besten und beliebtesten Karten aus den EX Serien. Zu diesem Set wird es keine Prerelease-Turniere geben, da es keine neuen Karten enthalten wird.
Für das deutsche EX Power Keepers Set (erscheint im Mai) wird es voraussichtlich wie gehabt Prerelease Turniere geben. Die Termine hier für werden noch bekanntgegeben.

Start des neuen Pokémon Zeitalters "Diamond & Pearl"
Das erste Set in Nachfolge des EX-Zyxlus, Diamond & Pearl, wird international - also außerhalb der USA - voraussichtlich erst in Quartal 3 (sprich Juli oder später, in jedem Fall aber nach Erscheinen des Videospiels) auf den Markt kommen. Daher werden europäische Nationals nicht mit Diamond & Pearl bestritten. Die zur Weltmeisterschaft Qualifizierten sollen aber auf jeden Fall rechtzeitig Diamond & Pearl Material erhalten, damit Decks für die WM gebaut und getestet werden können. Die neuen Regeln sollen natürlich ebenfalls rechtzeitig auch international zugänglich gemacht werden.

I don't understand this. Quarter 3 = Summer = August aka Diamond and Pearl is released at Worlds as Pre Releases, as usual. Sounds to me like USA gets this reprint set after Regionals, before Battle Roads. What exactly is the complaining about?

Does that mean that the US gets EX Epic Collection as well(before/after D/P)?

Or are we not allowed to buy it here, unless we import it. That would make it sort of unfair to US players who didn't get the cards the first time around...

Does that mean that the US gets EX Epic Collection as well(before/after D/P)?

Or are we not allowed to buy it here, unless we import it. That would make it sort of unfair to US players who didn't get the cards the first time around...

You can import Epic, like we can import D/P.
But you are going to scream about the prize of it, because we have to pay much more for Pokemon TCG boxes.
On top of that shipping and meaby taxes, you can count on a boxprize of at least $120 (but I think more).

The big question is what is going to be legal and will it be different in different regions.

I would be surprised to see EPIC in Europe and not in USA/Int'l.

If EPIC is next for outside of Japan then by worlds the EX set card pool will be more even with Japan. It just would mean that DP would be excluded from worlds.

One format to rule them all... (except for Japan)

We will see what is true in this announcement of M. Liesik. (done in June 2006)
I do have a feeling that the push back of D/P boosters is a very recent decission made/mandated by Nintendo (the gameboy department).

I wondered for months if we really would get D/P boosters before the GB game was released here, it looks like this is the answer.

I would be surprised to see EPIC in Europe and not in USA/Int'l.

Me neither, but it also doesn't suprise me if Europe will NOT get D/P while the USA does.
I still remember what happened with Expedition.

Last edited:
I heard the same news from the Dutch LD. The May release will be some sort of reprint set and D/P will be released after Worlds.

It all seems very logical to me, because you don't expect a rule change (because of D/P) only a few months before Worlds. Introducing D/P after Worlds makes much more sense.

I do however doubt that US will get there D/P before Europe (no logic in that). Maybe some part of the German message may be a misinterpretation of the English message they got.

No prerelease for this set? I doubt that too...

But the only ones that can confirm/deny that is the Pokemon Company itself...

I heard the same news from the Dutch LD. The May release will be some sort of reprint set and D/P will be released after Worlds.

It all seems very logical to me, because you don't expect a rule change (because of D/P) only a few months before Worlds. Introducing D/P after Worlds makes much more sense.

I do however doubt that US will get there D/P before Europe (no logic in that). Maybe some part of the German message may be a misinterpretation of the English message they got.

No prerelease for this set? I doubt that too...

But the only ones that can confirm/deny that is the Pokemon Company itself...

Sooo basically this thread is saying that only Japan and the USA will have D/P before Worlds? Am I reading this right?

Worlds 07: One gigantic booster draft? ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back