Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Utah,Undefeated 7-0 with AMU/Plox

Rikku11

Hi i'm Brandon Jones in the senior division from Utah and today was my 5th state championships ive been to. My first one was 2 years ago when i was a rookie in utah states. I played Gardevoir Gallaade Weavile and went undefeated. My second states was the next year in Utah and i played AMU/Plox loosing one time in swiss to a gengar deck. My third states was the next week in idaho and i played AMU/Plox and went undefeated. (Then that same year i played AMU/Plox at regionals and went undefeated) My fourth states was last weekend in Idaho and i played Gyrados loosing once to the mirror because he had to flip two heads ina row to win if only one heads i would have won. Then today was my fifth states, here in Utah so i decided to play a new list of AMU/Plox.

Sorry if i spell your name wrong or dont remember part of the match, if i do please comment and i will fix it right away.

R1
Nowell C (Arceus)
I get a ralts start with an azelf mt on my bench. It took me a couple turns to set up gardevoir but in the mean time i used psychic bind. I hurried and put the downer material into play and she only got to do damage to me twice and took two prizes because of expert belt. And then time was called but i would have took my last prize next turn anyways. GG

(1-0)

R2
Daniel T (Dialga Crobat)
He starts with honchkrow g i start with ralts. i go first attatch a DCE and psychic bind then future site a rare candy on top. he just puts a special metal on dialga and uses cyrus and then honchos command. I draw (i new it was rare candy) luxury ball for gardyvoir candy telepass cyrus for energy and roseannes. play roseannes for a uxie and azelf mt. Bur some cards and setup for like 4 then expert belt and psychic lock for 3 turns and he runs out of basics and i win. GG

(2-0)

R3
Jacob J ( Garchomp (stage two) )
I start with azelf he goes first and passes. i roseannes for ralts and mesprit play moonlight and retreat then bind atatch DCE then future site a Gardyvoir on top. I then just lock him the rest of the game and he runs out of basics and i win.. Oh and he had a very bad start. GG

(3-0)

R4
Taren R (Kingdom)
I get a mespret start and i would have been fine if i went second but i go first so i draw and pass. He has a baltoy start attatches retreats bring up spiritomb and sets up a nido king poison rub one. I draw use bebes for a ralts and attatch a DCE. i had a luxury ball, pokedex and pokemon communication all in my hand that i could now not even play because spiritomb. so i just pass he plays moonlight and attatches a DCE to nindoking and poison rubs up my kirlia the next turn and than i draw a roseannes and get a psychic and an uxie attatach psychic to my kirlia use lux ball for gardyvoir evolve it and put expert belt on then play pokedex for nothing special and setup for five. i comuniccation for a ralts. play rare candy to gardy voir then i just took like the first three prizes then it was prize for prize until i drew the last three. GG

(4-0)

R5
Andrew M (Luxchomp)
I just get a freakin awesome hand and tear right through him. GG

(5-0)

Top 4 Seniors
1st Brandon J (AMU/Plox)
2nd Andrew M (Luxchomp)
3rd Jared W (Glisctomb)
4th Taren R (Kingdom)

Top 4
Taren R (Kingdom) G1
I get an okay start this time and just lock him the whole game. GG

G2
i Get a little worse start and let him use poweers for most the game and he got out a quick nidoking with expertbelt and DCE and i just setup gallade and psychic cut it for two prizes and he couldnt really reciver from it. GG

Top 2
Jared W (Glisctomb) G1
i start wit mesprit and uxie. i go first and pass. he plays BTS started with baltoy evloves to claydol then bebes for a baltoy and evolves that one to claydol to then uses 2 cosmic powers for alot of stuff and plays gligar then evolves to gliscor and warpoints and brings up gliscor and ends. I setup a gardevoir with a DCE then bind him and setup with my roseannes. Then he was power locked the whole game so he could jnot use shoot poison on me at all. and even if he got it off once i setup a gardevoir x on my bench so i could just teleport out of it. GG

G2
About the same as game 1 but doesnt get to use cosmic because i binded and then psycic locked the whole game. GG

So this was my 5th state championship ive got first at out of 5. I was so happy because now i get $600 reimbersment to go to nats just like last year. but last year i also won regionals so i got the payed trip also. Im going to try to make a repeat of last year Colorado here i come!

Props-
No gengar decks
winning my 5th states!
My cousin Karl K convinceing me to play this deck again.
Karl going 6-0 and getting 5th place with this deck
my little cousin kyle kitchin brought his friend liam and liam is in the junior division and we made him a donphan nidoqueen deck and taught him how to play pokemon cards the day before states and he took second place loosing to kingdra in top 2!
the awesome judges

Slops-
Cant think of anything

Last edited:
lol this is ridiculous you better not win regionals also or that'd be pretty stupid, but congrats on the win and going 5/5 on states, but you might not have gone 5/5 had we had more time last week in top four. Grrrrr on time lol. I think it might just be us at regionals with kevin out of the seniors but i have no idea who else is good in seniors in colorado, so i'll see you at regionals or maybe sometime before then.

Last edited:
thanks. and we still need to play a sudden death match with our same list from last week to see who would have won. Amd if its snowing bad for colorado regionals we might just go to california regionals

it won't snow it's april, i'm pretty it'll just rain if it does. And yeah but i don't have my EXACT list built it's only 2 cards different though

wow, egos!! lol, you got to remember Kyle and Taryn and others from utah that may be able to give you a hard time lol

congrats man
lol if i dont get to goto regnals or nats all see you guys next year
but i might comedown to utah sometime over the summer not sure yet

KC- thanks i hope we will see you again at regionals.

Kevin- Heath, and thanks, i hope i can pull regionals off to thatd be sick!

lol sweet i cant wait until you move up then i love more compition from awesome people like your self
i might be in utah sometime over the summer if i am all make sure to make time to play some of you guys

Good job winning both your States Brandon! This is my last year in Seniors as well...see ya in Masters next year!

-Aaron

kc- okay next year will be fun. and just let us know when ur going to be down here and we can play some pokemon haha

doug- evan says brah to much brah

aaron- thanks masters will be fun!

its not even funny how much evan says brah right doug

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

lagoon is awesome.. im getting a season pass

Last edited:
Back