Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Value of an uncut holo fossil sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience I have gotten them and seen them sell for $25-50 depending on condition.
They are always for sale online and thousands are always circulating.
One of the easiest sheets to collect.

I say use a tube.

From my experience I have gotten them and seen them sell for $25-50 depending on condition.

I say use a tube.

I will continue to call this out as 100% FALSE until actual sales can be provided. The past several years of online sales have shown them to sell $100-$300 a few even higher than that.

Even you told me Andrew that you have not gotten one in years... your price is the reason.

Title says it all. Also, what delivery is recommened, in a tube or a long box.

Tube is easier. Flat can be good but you really have to make a lot of effort for safety. I have a 5 inch PVC tube I got from Lowes that I use to have sheets shipped in. The rubber end caps work well. The cardboard tubes are usually safe but small in diameter. They can be dented or crushed as well if not handled properly.

It costs an extra $10 to ship a PVC tube to the seller but it well worth it and you can re-use it.

I say use a tube.

If you could point me in the direction of where I could obtain one for under $100, by all means let me know. I could easily re-sell it for two to three times that.

Just in case you need proof, Rusty is not the only one to have sold one of these sheets in the recent past. Here is another sheet that recently sold for $250.

-EDIT-

@elam - As both previous posters have stated, a tube is probably going to be your best bet.

Crazy is right about the sheet being one of the most common. I personally would not pay over $100 for it, but that does not mean it is only worth that much. I am sure demand has grown over the past couple years and the price has grown with that demand. However, keep in mind it is one of, if not the most common sheet out there.

Crazy is right about the sheet being one of the most common. I personally would not pay over $100 for it, but that does not mean it is only worth that much. I am sure demand has grown over the past couple years and the price has grown with that demand. However, keep in mind it is one of, if not the most common sheet out there.

True. The price something should be getting is not always the same as what it gets.
Look at all the Worlds Deck EX and Level X cards that sell for high prices when they shouldn't sell for more than $1 each.

I am sick of putting my 2 cents into this.

Every time I share my opinion I have a bunch of people who know nothing what's going on tell me the "truth"
in reality I know the truth because I'm the one who is around all this all the time.
24/7 for 8 years I am into this collection.

We keep having this discussion. Even Pokepop one time before agreed with me that there are stupid people paying stupid prices for pokemon items. Just because they pay a x amount don't mean it's worth that.

Just because people overpay does not mean that is what it is worth.

Keep in mind I been collecting for over 8 years.

One thing has never change is the value of the fossil sheet.

You rusty have only sold one fossil near the crazy price you ask for.
You are the only one who pays ridiculous prices for fossil sheets.

You yourself told me you spend $150 than charge $300 :nonono:
or at least try to sell it for $300
in fact someone told me you try selling them a severe damaged sheet for 3k you asked of them.
Meanwhile you sold only one and sitting on a mass pile of unsold goods for months now.

People jump the gun alot of times on fossil sheet auctions because they have failed to do their research.
They think just because they never seen this before it must be rare.
They bid away getting caught up in the moment of gambling not realizing just how common it is out there.

A few times people bought the fossil because they think they could sell it to me for profit.
They know I collect but fail to research the fossil sheet.
They spend alot and think Ill spend more and they make profit.
In reality they overspend for nothing and stuck with the fossil sheet because I refuse to overpay for something that's not worth it.

Several buyers have contacted me after their purchase and said should they had known how many were these floating around they would have waited a bit to get one for far reasonable price.

like I said uneducated people get swept in the moment of awe and don't realize they need to research before bidding.

You wanna say i havent gotten a fossil sheet in a couple years, yea thats true.
But why is it true rusty?
It's because it is so damn common It's not a major focus on me.

look at your collection majority of Fossil Holo and neo common

Look at my collection Majority of Base sheets.
out of 50 sheets 30 is from the Base set.

I'm sure smpratte would agree that a mass number of anything common kinda waters down a great collection.
I focus on the really rares of my collection

Rusty a fossil sheet recently went on ebay
you had the option ( and I told you this would be a great idea this auction)to let the auction run it's course.
I said this would be a perfect example how the sheet will sell for $50 or so thus GIVING you your proof.
what do you do? Instead of letting the auction continue and giving you the opportunity to get the fossil for near $50 via auction you instead offer the seller $150 because you were worried about your already investment in fossil sheets.

Just because your paying $150 does not mean everyone else is.
I can think of a ton more worthy sheets in the $150 price range.

The fact you paid $150 off ebay because godforbid the complete listing would sell for the price rnage I gave would hurt your investments.

You say where is my proof
My experience and my word is my proof
I told you before I don't share my Info with anyone because it's no one's business but my own.

Privacy between buyer and seller.

I told you before I seen aucition that start at a dollar and end somewhere between $25-50 depending on condition.
I have had private email deals where I offered that price range and they accepted or I asked them their asking price and it fell within that price range.

I'm not gonna keep doing this same ol song and dance.

Because Pokegym is too anti crazypokemon.

One minute you say the SSB is worth thousands then say its worth $5 only because I own it.

or say the fossil is worth hundreds after I say it's worth $25-50 (even though there is enough made for this price to be set)

or whenever someone asks me about my base test sheets and gives their estimate DJgigabyte is around to say it's only worth what I paid for them which was a few bucks.

So it does not matter what I say because apparently your opinion is a fact and all the years of my hard work mean nothing to any of you.

I am the only expert in this field while others are imitators and would never have more years expereince than me on this.

This is why I don't talk about my collection anymore.
sheet number 50 was the last one i talked about.
sheet 51 and counting I dont share with anyone because it's no ones business but my own.
besides I never get credit as an expert anyway all of you have things taken care of by repeating like parots on the crap you hear and make up.
I never get credit so why should I share my expertise and share my collection.

Everyone thinks they know more than me.

I don't regret not getting more fossil sheets
too many would have destroyed the respect level of my collection.
I have 5 now, I can't see myself wanting anymore than 10. And even only then is because I like to say I have double digits in anyone sheet.

Look at the facts double digits on the rarest sheet I own (Base test)
single digits on the common sheets I own. (fossil holo)

) Just because they pay a x amount don't mean it's worth that.
IF ALL SALES ARE AT THAT PRICE YES IT DOES.
) One thing has never change is the value of the fossil sheet.
Yes it has.
) You are the only one who pays ridiculous prices for fossil sheets.
No I’m not.
) in fact someone told me you try selling them a severe damaged sheet for 3k you asked of them.
People lie every day just like this person who told you this. You asked 1 million for your fake test sheets when I offered you $1k(when I thought they were real)
) like I said uneducated people get swept in the moment of awe and don't realize they need to research before bidding.
Research shows the price range I have given so who is uneducated?
) You wanna say i havent gotten a fossil sheet in a couple years, yea thats true.
But why is it true rusty?
It's because it is so damn common It's not a major focus on me.
So what are you basing prices off of? 1st Edition Charizards a few years back were less than $100. Like everyhing else prices have risen.
) look at your collection majority of Fossil Holo and neo common

Look at my collection Majority of Base sheets.
out of 50 sheets 30 is from the Base set.
At least my sheets are real. You have 10+ fake “test” sheets, as they have been labeled, that most are fooled into thinking as something great. By your logic shouldn't me owning a bunch of something(Fossil Sheet) mean I am an expert?
) Rusty a fossil sheet recently went on ebay
you had the option ( and I told you this would be a great idea this auction)to let the auction run it's course.
I said this would be a perfect example how the sheet will sell for $50 or so thus GIVING you your proof.
what do you do? Instead of letting the auction continue and giving you the opportunity to get the fossil for near $50 via auction you instead offer the seller $150 because you were worried about your already investment in fossil sheets.
You came to me after I bought it, demanding the seller’s personal information and the sale price. As I was moving apartments you sent me emails claiming I was being rude and ignoring you. You never said any of that other stuff about setting an example. You told me you thought it would sell for cheaper than I bought after everything was said and done, but what you just said is a complete story. If you wish to lie openly then do so without bringing me into it.
) I told you before I don't share my Info with anyone because it's no one's business but my own.

Privacy between buyer and seller.
Yet every deal I have made you have asked around for all my contacts and they personal information.

I am not sure if you are just attacking me or the facts. I do not see any facts.

I probably missed many more attacks in there but I want to eat dinner with family and that message is really long, forgive any bad grammar please.

True. The price something should be getting is not always the same as what it gets.
Look at all the Worlds Deck EX and Level X cards that sell for high prices when they shouldn't sell for more than $1 each.

I still can't believe the prices of those cards. I remember buying them 6-7 years ago at $10-15 per deck. I guess it is a good example of how the demand has grown and dictates the value.

"People lie every day just like this person who told you this. You asked 1 million for your fake test sheets when I offered you $1k(when I thought they were real)"

I'm gonna ask the guy if I can reveal him name,the one who claimed you try to sell him a sheet for 3k.

I keep telling you that my test sheets were not for sale. I'm always being asked to sell them. which I dont wanna do.

Myself asking for a million dollars for a test sheet was clearly an obvious price range proving that I don't have any desire selling them.

Once again I keep telling you the Base test sheets are real. Just because your in denial of them does not make what you claim true.

Keep in Mind Pokepop confirmed in 2009 they were real in the article,His resource-He himself examining them in person and DMTM and others confirming them the process when he submitted the pictures.

You are the one who pays ridiculous for the fossil sheet because you want to make sure you always win the sheet.

Your trying to buy every single one up so you can control the market. Goodluck with that one.

"Research shows the price range I have given so who is uneducated?"

What a bunch of crap, you tamper with the research. Your showing other potential buyers you have enough money to pee away. That you can out buy them all the time because you have unlimited funds.

You tamper with the research to the point you give a nice illusion to the "price range" you yourself have giving. And you take advantage of uneducated people.

The price range you "gave" for the fossil I could be using that money to get more Base full unlimited holo sheets.

"So what are you basing prices off of? 1st Edition Charizards a few years back were less than $100. Like everything else prices have risen."

oh my god. First of all 1st ed charizards were always above $100.

2nd You try to hold something like the fossil set as if it was equal to the base set.

Base is always rising in value,sentimental value,popularity, and sound investment.

Where as fossil has and to this day still is left in the dust compared to Base and alot of other major sets.

"At least my sheets are real. You have 10+ fake “test” sheets, as they have been labeled, that most are fooled into thinking as something great. By your logic shouldn't me owning a bunch of something(Fossil Sheet) mean I am an expert?"

Once again my test sheets are real. Your trying to spread a rumor they are fake so if when the day comes if/when I decide to sell you can try to buy them off of me cheap.

Your spreading rumors to sabotage their value to secure yourself in a cheap buy.

No your not an expert and I'm sure alot of people would agree your just using your unlimited funds to buy your way of expertise.

If you were really an expert you wouldent keep riding my co tales keep asking me where to get more sheets.

long before you came around I been hunting sheets myself on my own. About 45 sheets and 7 years before you started to buy sheets.

So far you have only 1 sheet I actually wanted and dident have the Ancient mew sheet. As where I have several sheets you don't have and want.

The idea of you owning a bunch of fossil and being called an expert is hilarious. Thats like You saying you have a thousand energy cards your more of an expert than anyone with a charizard card in their collection.

No contest.

Also I'm more the expert because I have 8+ years doing this. You have less than 1 year.

My sheets are diversed of about 20 or so different sheets as yours is a smaller number

The most of your sheets is the typical ones anyone anywhere could get. Or at the very least not hold up much compared to the rarer harder to get sheets.

Where as my sheets is focused more highly on the main set the base set.

More than half of my collection is base, where more than 90% of your collection is fossil/neo common

"You came to me after I bought it, demanding the seller’s personal information and the sale price. As I was moving apartments you sent me emails claiming I was being rude and ignoring you. You never said any of that other stuff about setting an example. You told me you thought it would sell for cheaper than I bought after everything was said and done, but what you just said is a complete story. If you wish to lie openly then do so without bringing me into it."

As soon as I asked about it you quickly bought it up. You were scared i was competition because the auction was so low.

I was asking the sellers ebay name because I forgot what it was and I wanted to see his feedback on past sales.

I asked about the sale price because I am sure it would have sold near my price estimate should the auction went all the way through.

I did not know you were moving, you have been rude in the past and ignoring me whenever i ask you a question. I said if you cannot answer a question simply say you cannot answer instead of ignoring me. When you told me you were moving did I or did I not apologize immediately? I did rusty.

I'm not lying I am telling the truth. For you not want to be brought into what I'm saying just proves you have something to hide that you don't want to take responsibility for.

Everyone who calls me a liar I have always answered to the best of my ability. I have always been open with everything concerning my collection from the exact sheet.the number of sheets, how much I spend, how much i saw being sold everything except who I bought them from.

My intentions has always been pure to just collect them and be the best collector I can try to be.

Where as you try to avoid discussion because any real talk of fossil sheets that has not gotten "Your Permission" to talk about them

might interfere in your marketing campaign on ebay for trying to sell the sheets as High as possible.

Your trying to play politics with pokemon to get ahead.

Alot of stuff we talk about here that buyers should know are never on your ebay listings.

Why because you yourself never approve of them because in your eyes the truth might hurt your business.

Look at my first post I said I have gotten them for that price range I paid for. If any buyer seen that they would wait to get that price range.

Which is not hard to do because there is plenty of them around.

It is a buyers market not a sellers market.

Ask smpratte

Rusty I am not attacking you

And who are you to think you have pride in any of this. You only have less than a year and even then it's the same ol stuff

Compared to me I'm a professor and your an Intern janitor.

You got awhile until you can start having pride and awhile until you have a respectable collection.

Come back around your 5th year or so of collecting, we will see how you are and where your at then.

For me it was around the 5th year when my collection and professional knowledge in this collection started to get serious and proving to others I am here to stay and serious about continuing my collection.

You got along way to go rusty.

Keep in mind your start is alot better than mine.

First of all i never had the money you had, and There was never a bunch of people like what we see here today talking about sheets.

Thats because of me. I paved the way. I'm the one who made sure people at least hear or seen of sheets. At least have common knowledge they existed.When I started no one never heard or seen any of this-Never in terms of a very small number and hard to find those people because it was hard to find them.

Nowdays Everyone knows at least something anything about sheets.

Also you could thank me you have anyone may have any interest at all in your sheets because in order for them to show interest they have to know they exist. Thats where I come in.

In 2004 no one knew they existed, yes there are still a huge number that still dont know existed but that number grew thanks to me paving the way.

Go ahead discredit me I know you and others are.

It don't matter to me

I rather be disrespected because of differences and be on my own

than to be in the same sentence of knowitall nobodies riding my cotales

I always been alone in my collection

you had a better start than me because I helped you make sure not to make the same mistakes I made.

Maybe I should have let you make mistakes when you started maybe then you would be more humble and respectful

crazy just cause you have 8+ years collecting sheets doesnt mean your the so called expert on them.you maybe the one that knows the most out of everyone but there are others hidden in the areas that have a far more advance knowledge than you do in sheets.same with collecting pokemon cards we people think we know almsot everything but we dont there are inside sources that know things we dont like the trophy cards and many other rare japanese cards.Scott,DJ and other collectors on here also get surprises here and there.Rusty does things for buisness and for what he likes to do.Years back collectors could have gotten base set boxes sealed for less than 200 a box look at it now in 2013 the price for just 1 sealed box goes for over 400.

There are things sometimes we dont even know in the pokemon world and there are hidden things that some of us can share and cannot.People want to spend money let them everyone has their own price range of things in cards and everything.The fossil sheet you say its worth this much ok but completed listings otherwise dont tell that the past years pokemon cards have risen up in value ALOT more than what it use to be.The reason I see some people dont like what you say sometimes is cause you brag too much about your sheets like no tommorrow.Then you sometimes keep on talkin about it like your sticking the word "I HAVE THIS SHEET PEOPLE ONLY I HAVE IT" down throats so you can be the higher up.If you want to talk cards then do that but dont keep saying OH yea I ALSO COLLECT SHEETS.If you dont want to show off your collection fine you dont just dont keep saying things about sheets when most people have heard or see it already.

I'm not speaking on this topic anymore

This forum is to against me.

It is against me when it comes to buying sheets, it is against me when it comes to selling sheets,it is against me when I talk about my collection,
and not too long ago I was threatened to do with someone wanted me to do or risk screwing me over in my collection all because I said I am not talking about my collection anymore

it's funny everyone complains i talk too much, and then when I say I'm staying to myself I get bullied for info and not respect for privacy.

Hypocrites.

Last time I'm saying this
From now On my collection is private
everyone knows the first 50 sheets
sheet 51 and up is my privacy

I'm done
bye

Last edited:
Keep in Mind Pokepop confirmed in 2009 they were real in the article,His resource-He himself examining them in person and DMTM and others confirming them the process when he submitted the pictures.

I talked with him and he told me his resource was a desk worker who would not have the same authority as my WOTC contact (the former production manager of WOTC)

I also presented some fo the evidence to him directly and took questions for him, but if he wishes to talk about that I will let him speak for himself.

I have not made any forum on this as I have presented other useful information in the past and it was ignored. I know of at least 2 articles on Pokegym that present false information.

I have 5 direct quotes from the former production manager available on my eBay guide.

You are the one who pays ridiculous for the fossil sheet because you want to make sure you always win the sheet.

Your trying to buy every single one up so you can control the market. Goodluck with that one.
I buy sheets that I like but I am in no way you. I have no plan to hoard sheets and make them into something that almost no other collector in Pokemon can pursue.

If I was just trying to make profit then I would be selling more than just 1 Fossil sheet... no business can run off 1 sale here and there.

What a bunch of crap, you tamper with the research. Your showing other potential buyers you have enough money to pee away. That you can out buy them all the time because you have unlimited funds.

You tamper with the research to the point you give a nice illusion to the "price range" you yourself have giving. And you take advantage of uneducated people.

The price range you "gave" for the fossil I could be using that money to get more Base full unlimited holo sheets.

I tamper with nothing and I do not have unlimited funds. I guarantee if whoever is selling the Base sheets put them online in an open market they would get way more than the Fossil price range. So who is taking advantage?

oh my god. First of all 1st ed charizards were always above $100.

2nd You try to hold something like the fossil set as if it was equal to the base set.

Base is always rising in value,sentimental value,popularity, and sound investment.

Where as fossil has and to this day still is left in the dust compared to Base and alot of other major sets.
Back in the second year of Yugioh I watched several 1st edition Charizard go for $2 online.
All the sets have increased, some more than others but with the $25-$50 range for the Fossil sheet I realize you missed that.

Once again my test sheets are real. Your trying to spread a rumor they are fake so if when the day comes if/when I decide to sell you can try to buy them off of me cheap.

Your spreading rumors to sabotage their value to secure yourself in a cheap buy.

No your not an expert and I'm sure alot of people would agree your just using your unlimited funds to buy your way of expertise.

They are fake, they have been confirmed fake in many ways. They are still cool but just knock-offs, the production manager still has all the sample foils and the other obvious evidence is quoted in the guide. I don't care if you or anyone thinks I am expert in anything... a fact is a fact.

I don't know where you get ff assuming I have unlimited funds but is annoying. My family struggles being 200%+ below the poverty line during college and now much much worse that I am out. God has blessed us and I am very grateful to be able give back with my recent years sales.

If you were really an expert you wouldent keep riding my co tales keep asking me where to get more sheets.

I don't ask you anything, quit lying. I asked you how much for test sheet 2 summers ago and since then have not. You email me constantly nagging about personal information and demanding I give you my sources

The idea of you owning a bunch of fossil and being called an expert is hilarious. Thats like You saying you have a thousand energy cards your more of an expert than anyone with a charizard card in their collection.

That was going by your logic and it was sarcastic... again I guess you missed that.

No contest.

Also I'm more the expert because I have 8+ years doing this. You have less than 1 year.

My sheets are diversed of about 20 or so different sheets as yours is a smaller number

The most of your sheets is the typical ones anyone anywhere could get. Or at the very least not hold up much compared to the rarer harder to get sheets.

Where as my sheets is focused more highly on the main set the base set.

More than half of my collection is base, where more than 90% of your collection is fossil/neo common

8 years, what is that suppose to be your proof of expertise? Call yourself an expertise or whatever you want, it does not change the actual price of something.

90% fossil/Neo? I have even told you my sheets and you come up with that number? I have 16 different types not even 1/4 being those 2, but you can make any number up you want to make your feel bloated about your "collection" Does it matter what I have vs what you have?

You keep saying they are fake

Why don't you quote what was said why they are fake

Because I still have not heard any argument why they are fake other than the color bar looks suspicious.

I been trying to talk to pokepop on getting proof of authenticity from DMTM but pokepop is hard to reach.

Pokepop and DMTM have agreed to this but futher discussion and final discussion need to be met.
When Pokepop has open communication with me and clears out his inbox we can finalize this.

Also rusty I said whenever you want to visit come on over and take a look for yourself to see they are indeed real.

Go ahead think of them as fake
without you trying to hunt them down that's more for me.

Besides I got these from 2 different people
1 seller had 10, the other seller had 1.
I have seen a couple more out there.
Not many more but you can't obviously be saying all these owners have fake sheets.

Should I scan the back of the sheet?
You do realize you cant see through them when hold up to light right?
Also dont forget the black embedded layer.

Not all of my test sheets are mint
In fact i think i said one time half of them are mint/near mint the other half the condition goes down.

On one of my sheets there is a torn
should I scan the torn so you can see the inside of the sheet/the black embedded layer?

I have always had open invitation for any deniers to visit and see for themselves
I have no doubt in my mind these are real.

Like I said the quotes are online on my guide. I stuck the url in my signature just now. At the bottom I posted 5 of the many many quotes.

The foil samples are photo evidence, but these cant be posted yet.

The black layer is interesting to hear though.

I just looked at the link you provided
It's gonna take me awhile to address all of them as some of what you said is a little unclear.

What is clear is you claim there is no printer color bar on the left side

Take a look at your sheets non of them have a color bar on the left side on the front

As for the right side yes it is typically normal for them to have color bars.
When you said the color bars look suspcious I thought you said the color bars were smaller than normal is that not what you said?

Were you talking about the back or the front?

Some base test sheets do not have the color bar on the right front, some have the entire side in yellow
But there is base test sheets that do have the color bar

The test color bar (Color dots/color boxes) are smaller than finished sheets.

This is how it is like with all test sheets of all cards.

Try researching finished sheets and then research a test print of that.

All color bars on the test is smaller than the finished sheet.

No color bars are on the left side of any sheet that I am looking at ie machamp sheet,jungle pcd,base full holo,reverse holo expedition, fossil holo
None have color bars on the front left

Yes it is odd and brings question to why some base test sheets dont have the color bar to the right side
I dont know why but that does not make them less authentic
it is possible the color bar or lack of color bar is an error of some kind who knows.

You want proof
go ahead
ask me to submit proof to you

Obviously you want to see the torn sheet right?
to see what inside when open?
Ill scan that, Ill also scan the right side of the sheet with color bar

ANything else you like to see to prove to you these are legit
Go ahead ask for scans
I have no problem providing whatever you ask.

Discussion of the "test sheets" should go into a topic of it's own.
I'm willing to hear from the production manager, but you've been holding that contact close to your vest, Rusty, so I've been taking it with a grain of salt.
The black layer in the test sheets was an important feature to me. I've never seen a fake card/sheet with a black layer.
If crazy had ever been willing to sell (or even let me buy one from someone else!) I would have had one in my possession and could have researched it more thoroughly. As it stands now, I'm open to evidence going either way on them.

Back to the original topic, if the majority of sales of the Fossil sheets have been in the $100+ range for multiple sales over the past year or so, then that really is the price for them now.
The market speaks.
It doesn't matter if anyone thinks they should be less. The market sets the price.
You can talk about whether you think that price will be sustained long term or not, but that doesn't change what the price is now.

And yes, 1st Ed Charizards were going for less than $100.
I got mine for $80.

Ok pokepop
Myself and rusty will create our own topic and take the test sheet discussion there

Pokepop whenever your ready to discuss with me about proof of authenticity keep an open communication with me.
Because latley the communication with you has been dead on your part.

I been patiently waiting.
If you remember we never did finish our discussion it was dropped in limbo until whenever your ready to talk.

Not sure what you mean by owning a test sheet, you were right there twice to look them over
the first time when I had them, the 2nd time when you delivered the STS sneasel card

You owning one or me selling one to someone is irrelevant on finding out their authenticity as you yourself have been up close and personal with them on 2 seperate occasions.

Rusty since your calling my sheets out to be fake I'll let you open a new thread about them.

Discussion of the "test sheets" should go into a topic of it's own.
I'm willing to hear from the production manager, but you've been holding that contact close to your vest, Rusty, so I've been taking it with a grain of salt.
The black layer in the test sheets was an important feature to me. I've never seen a fake card/sheet with a black layer.
If crazy had ever been willing to sell (or even let me buy one from someone else!) I would have had one in my possession and could have researched it more thoroughly. As it stands now, I'm open to evidence going either way on them.

Back to the original topic, if the majority of sales of the Fossil sheets have been in the $100+ range for multiple sales over the past year or so, then that really is the price for them now.
The market speaks.
It doesn't matter if anyone thinks they should be less. The market sets the price.
You can talk about whether you think that price will be sustained long term or not, but that doesn't change what the price is now.

And yes, 1st Ed Charizards were going for less than $100.
I got mine for $80.

It would be great for everyone here if the production manager was willing to talk, but every time I have asked it has been a no. The only reason I have been holding this person close to my "vest" is because I swore I would not reveal any personal information about them. There is a ton of information they have that should be brought out, and I would much rather not be a middle-man on information that is openly challenging.

From what I have been told there are many others who stay in contact with the person and the former production manager also is still in connections with WOTC, just not Pokemon. Maybe something can come out of that as well.

I realize everything I claim to have been said is just hearsay but until I can get the production manager to come here and actual speak all I can offer is what has been told. I by no means know the ins and outs of the printing process which is the reason I just copied and pasted the direct quotes.

I have no reason to create a forum on the test sheets unless new information comes up. If any specific questions are wanted to be asked I will take them. The black strip is already in the list.

If get permission for the foil samples I will definitely bring that out.

@ Elam18 Forgive me for getting so off-topic and hijacking your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back