Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vaporeon's Arizona Spring Battle Roads 3rd place report

vaporeon

Yeah, that's right, third place. I'm so happy I got my Victory Metal promo card. I'll keep it forever. Anyway, I wanted to be a friend of my in the tournament so I decided to play. We have 6 rounds with a top 4 cut. That's huge. When I got there, I made the deck. Just random cards to counter Darkrai. The deck I played with was;

Terravolt

Pokemon

2 Tynamo 40 HP NV
2 Tynamo Spark
3 Eelektrik
3 Terrakion NV
2 Thundurus
1 Mewtwo EX
2-2 Entei and Raikou Legend

T/S/S

4 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 N
3 Junk Arm
3 Dual Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Switch
2 Eviolite
2 Random Receiver
1 Super Rod
1 PlusPower
1 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy

8 Lightning
5 Fighting

Yeah, I know, its pretty random. The goal of the deck is to beat Darkrai EX. Terra beats Darkrai, the legend beats everything with 80 hp that has a power. Mewtwo is for other Mewtwos. Its a pretty easy list to play but I did forget to put in a lot of cards but I did make the list in 10 minutes.

Round 1 Terravolt VS Not sure what deck it was

We start. I flip over Thundurus and he flips over, I believe was a Smeargle. He plays first. I don't remember much of what happen in this match. We both draw pretty dead for like 7 or so turns. When I would play a Supporter, I would not have one in my hand so he could use Smeargle's Power. I start taking over the game. He then drops a Mewtwo ex and attach like 8 energy to it and takes a KO. I then play my own Mewtwo to KO his. He takes down my Mewtwo with his but I take my last prizes with the Legend. GG.

1-0

Round 2 Terravolt VS Darkrai/Smeargle

I go second again. I go second like all day. In short, I get Terrakions going and can KO his Darkrais taking my prize cards on them. Not much to say during this round.

2-0

Round 3 Terravolt VS A Random deck

Okay, this guy was 2-1, so I got paired down. His deck had like 8 different attackers in it so I was trying to figure out how he made it so far. At any rate, I did underestimate him because you never know. I got a fast Thundurus and hit his Tornadus ex for 160 of a catcher. He retreats it and ends on a attack that does 10 to each of my Pokemon from Plusle. I catcher it back up to take the prize lead. On my next turn, I catcher up the Zekrom EX and KO it with Terrakion. I thin take my last 2 Prize cards with Thundurus.

3-0

Round 4 Terravolt VS Darkrai/ Smeargal

Game went as planned. I take out Darkrais with Terrakion.

4-0

Round 5 VS Evil Painter

So, me and my friend mike (Mdevil) play. I told him I would win. We have a pretty nice and even game, I lose the lead when he hits me with a hard N. I managed to stay in the game because I drew well off it but he N'ed back a Terrakion and a bunch oh energy back into my deck. I really needed those cards. I keep a close eye on his resources. When I find out he played all his Dark Patches, Junk Arms and Catchers, I knew I had nothing else to worry about. Time gets called with turn 3 ending on my turn. On his second turn of Turns, he Catchers up my Eel and ends his turn. I was able to switch it out of the active spot and take a prize on his Smeargle, ending the game at 1-2 prize cards in my favor.

5-0

Round 6 Terravolt VS Darkrai/ Smeargal

This game is just like the others but one thing. I don't get my Eels going. I manage to take a prize here and there but Bruce is taking 2 Prize cards every time he takes them. The game last a bit because I'm not going to quit. I get behind on prized cards fast. 4-2 in my opponents favor. Knowing I'm out of the game, I just end my turn and he takes it.

5-1

So, I feel like I made a great deck choice and did pretty well just for making it in 10 minutes. I knew I'd top because I lost in the last round of swiss so I was doing good. Top 4 rounds are posted and we start.

Top 4 Terravolt VS Darkrai/ Smeargal

I get to go first this game. I get nothing. He catchers out my Terrakion and it gets stuck. I could not hit any energy or Switch and he sets up. I fall behind and he takes game 1.

Game 2 is just like game one. I get nothing. That's all I can say. GG man

So, overall, the deck did what it was suppose to do. Beat Darkrai but even playing a counter, the matchups were close each time. Ether way, I had fun and was happy I placed 3rd.

Props

Pikabruce
Mdevil21
drunkenmaster(Truc)
My mad deck making skills
3rd place
A great group of friends to play with
The TO's.

Slops

Forgot to put in Level Ball, Lost Remover, 1 more Switch and Energy Search
My deck drawing bad in top cut

Thanks for reading. If you like the deck, then play it. I'm done with it. Make changes to it to make it better because this deck does handle the meta pretty well. Good luck with it.^^

Last edited:
Huh, are you just visiting? Or will you be hanging around at tomorrow's as well, I'll probably end up going with my outdated deck just for fun lol.

Back