Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

venudoom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flariados

I have tried this deck before it's not that great so any help is welcome!

Pokemon: 20

2x Holon's Magnemite
1x Holon's Electrode
4x Bulbasaur CG
3x Ivysaur CG
4x Venusaur CG
1x Mawile
1x Celebi *
2x Houndour
2x Houndoom

Trainers: 25

1x Castaway
4x Holon Adventurer
3x Holon Transceiver
1x Holon Mentor
1x Mysterious Shard
1x Space Center
2x Low Pressure System
1x Meteor Falls
1x Windstorm
4x Celio's Network
1x Mr Briney's Compassion
1x Warp Point
1x Switch
3x Rare Candy

Energies: 15

2x Multi Energy (if i have a houndour/houndoom active)
1x Scramble Energy
1x Boost Energy
1x Double Rainbow Energy
2x Holon Energy GL
8x Grass Energy

The strategy is to have so many energies as possible in play and have a lock on your opponent.

I don't think Celebi would be much of a useful card in this deck, since by the time you had enough energies on it, they would just end up in the discard pile and hurt the focus of the deck.

Maybe a farmer instead?

Why would you use Holon's Magnemite then Holon's Electrode? use 2 of the same line so you can attack with them if you absolutely need to. You also have too many of just 1 card in the deck, you have to add more of the same card to gain consistancy.

Magnemite is forced to start at least 12%. Celibi starts 9%. Houndour starts 17%. Bulbasaur starts 48%. Mawile is a 16% starter at best. You're probably getting starts you don't want 36% of the time. I think you should reconsider your pokemon. You're kidding yourself with 1 Mawile. Bulbasaur can be a very nice starter if you have lots of energy around.

Houndoom is a nice card, but you should consider what your ideal set up is. Do you have 3 pokemon on the bench? Well, the opposition has to live with that sort of situation during Giant Stump. If you have only 2 pokemon on the bench (one Houndoom), where is all the energy setting? On one Celebi? You have no other Venusaur in progress?

There are other threads with Venusaur decks; take a look at them.

Last edited:
flariados said:
I have tried this deck before it's not that great so any help is welcome!

Pokemon: 20

2x Holon's Magnemite
1x Holon's Electrode
4x Bulbasaur CG
3x Ivysaur CG
4x Venusaur CG
1x Mawile
1x Celebi *
2x Houndour
2x Houndoom

Trainers: 25

1x Castaway
4x Holon Adventurer
3x Holon Transceiver
1x Holon Mentor
1x Mysterious Shard
1x Space Center
2x Low Pressure System
1x Meteor Falls
1x Windstorm
4x Celio's Network
1x Mr Briney's Compassion
1x Warp Point
1x Switch
3x Rare Candy

Energies: 15

2x Multi Energy (if i have a houndour/houndoom active)
1x Scramble Energy
1x Boost Energy
1x Double Rainbow Energy
2x Holon Energy GL
8x Grass Energy

The strategy is to have so many energies as possible in play and have a lock on your opponent.

Here's my fix on this little deck. Alright, so, for the gyms..I'd actully say something like Battle frontier, since I don't think Space Center or Meteor Falls will really do much, and ten extra HP isn't much either. Also, I'd change the multi, and go three DRE's, and change a Holon Adventurer to a Mentor, this way you can have a more consistant deck. I'd also remove the one Mysterious Shard, and Castaway, I just don't see them being of much use, as well as the Celebi* and Mawile. In their place, I'd use four Jirachi DX, so that you can have a good starter atleast. Those are my fixes, and good luck with the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back