Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Venusaur deck needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonlover

I have a Venusaur ex deck that worked consistently well in old modified format when it contained SS dunsparce and rainbow energy. In its present form its either very good or very poor, with the poor happening more than half the time. I wanted to put in blissey ex to help the deck, but in all this time I've only been able to come up with 1 of the card. I would like to use this deck for cities if it can be fixed up-so any help will be appreciated.

3 plusle(DX)
4 venusaur ex
2 bulbasaur #55RG
2 bulbasaur #54RG
3 ivysaur RG
2 slowbro RG
2 slowpoke RG
2 horsea TRR
1 seadra TRR
2 kingdra TRR

3 mr. briney
2 stevens advise
3 battle frontier
3 celio
3 prof oak
4 rare candy
1 vs seeker

10 grass
1 water
1psychic
3 boost
4 multi energy

the kingdra is there to remove weakness from my active, hopefully the venusaur--fire and psychic is played alot where I am.Also hyperwhirlpool is helpful when i'm desperate and the coin flips are heads.
the slowpoke ,briney combo is in there to strange behavoir damage off venusaur to slowpoke and then mr briney it away and then start all over again.

I'm having trouble having bulbasaur in my hand or in play the first or second turns.

i would go something like this:

Pokemon 19
3 Bulbasaur
2 Ivysaur
3 Venusaur ex
4 Paras
2 Parasect
2 Horsea
1 Seadra
2 Kingdra

Energy 19
14 Grass
3 DRE
2 Heal

Trainers 21
4 Battle Frontier
4 Rare Candy
4 PETM
3 Oaks Research
3 Celio
2 Copycat
1 Mr.Brineys Compassion
1 Swoop!

Last edited:
Gatsu, he said he cant get more than one Blissy ex, so y did u suggest it
Nikx1 has a good idea with the parasect family, but im not really likeing the kingdra (maybe just personal preference) so y not try sunflora instead (play test it and see if it works)

PSYCO829 said:
Gatsu, he said he cant get more than one Blissy ex, so y did u suggest it
Nikx1 has a good idea with the parasect family, but im not really likeing the kingdra (maybe just personal preference) so y not try sunflora instead (play test it and see if it works)

Thanks for the suggestion. Are you saying to replace kingdra with sunflora and add in the parasect besides, or just replace kingdra with sunflora

i had one only blissey in my dragtrode and it works great (against anything but medicham, LOL!

the RG are the ones and I agree You should run 3/2 parasect line. and 3/3 sunflora, to fit it you should take out 1briney and 1 ivysaur

pokemonlover said:
Thanks for the suggestion. Are you saying to replace kingdra with sunflora and add in the parasect besides, or just replace kingdra with sunflora
remove the slowbro and kingdra family, and put in sunflora and parasect
oh and yankee is right about the number line

Do whatever you can to get that 2nd Blissey, you'll appreciate it. I run Paras(ect), Venus, Bliss and Pidgeot. You need to QS for Candies, Blissey and Chansey. Your best bet is RC Blissey so you don't risk Chansey dying during your opponent's turn.

pokemonlover there's this button called "edit" please use it instead of posting back to back replies.

PSYCO829 said:
remove the slowbro and kingdra family, and put in sunflora and parasect
oh and yankee is right about the number line
I have successfully secured a third sunflora,but not a second blissey ex.Anyone have any opinions if I should leave the plusles in? And TacC what is "RC" ?

Last edited:
if you are running the paras(ect) line u should because paras can use call 4 family too...

i think u should run this line because a second turn parasect will be useful, using that energy search move (i 4get what its called) will really power up Venusaur alot quicker

ps. RC stands for Rare Candy

Last edited:
Thank you to all that gave me deck suggestions. I have revised the deck using those suggestions and it has become the following. Any suggestions before cities 'morrow?

3 plusle
3 sunkern
3 sunflora
2 parasect
3 paras
4 bulbasaur
2 ivysaur
3 venusaur ex

3 celio
3 prof oak
4 rare candy
4 battle frontier
2 steven advise
2 mr briney

16 grass energy
3 multi energy

Last edited:
plusle is not needed with paras. maybe great balls instead.
Also there is no need for multi, replace it with draw like copycat.
P.S. If sunflora does not say they have to be basic grass add 3 DRE for basic energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back