Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Very short 3rd place report.

EXTC

I have a terrible headache right now, so i dont really feel like typing a ton.

I played Darkrai/Mewtwo with a Tornadus EX. Really just focused on speed, and it worked. My cousin played the deck I was originally going to play which was Darkrai/Terrakion and ended up getting fourth.

Anyways..

R1-2 Breakfast. Gotta love byes.

R3 VS. Zeel/Terrakion
He started Terrakion, me with Mewtwo. I load up a Mewtwo and get down to one prize, but he topdecks a Mewtwo and takes mine out and wins the game.

2-1

R4 VS. Speed Darkrai?
I can't remember if this was my fourth round opponent or fifth. All I know is, I basically get off the first hit and take the game from there. Pretty sure I got off a turn one Power Blast or something like that.
3-1

R5 VS. ..?
I really just cannot remember. This could even be my 4th round that I don't remember.
4-1

Slept pretty well, woke up early and walked down to the convention center.

R6 VS. Zeel/Terrakion
He had a rigged dice, and it was pretty obvious to me.. I call the judge and they only give him a warning after he used the dice to get double heads and then used an Oaks. It got down pretty close. I would have had the win if he wouldn't have noticed he could Volt Bolt my Mewtwo for the KO. Oh well, sucks that I lost but it sucks worse that the kid had to cheat. He ended up going 5-4, which might just show how that die affected games.
4-2

R7 VS. Darkrai/Terrakion
She was really sweet, and we ended up talking between rounds and I think she even got T8. She gets a turn one I believe, and I just don't set up much. I nearly decked her, but I accidentally decked myself. :p
4-3

R8 VS. SECRET DECK
This round really decided everything for me. Luckily, I got a great start and took out his Oddishes before they evolved. He used the Sacred Sword Terrakion on me, which really sucked, but I was able to Mewtwo it for the KO. I felt kinda bad because he said I just lost hit the world invite. Well, not my fault. Should have played better. :p
5-3

R9 VS. Darkrai/Tornadus
He gets a good start.. and I get so nervous. I was sitting at table 64, and knew if I lost, there was on chance of top cut. Luckily, I can manage to take board control and just do what I can to grab all 6 prizes.
6-3

I manage to make cut at 43rd seed, while Sean got 45th seed. This was my first time topcutting at Nationals, so I was pretty worried.

R10 (T64) VS. Curtis S. W/ Mirror
Game one goes way in his favor. I don't even remember if I took a prize.
0-1

This game wasn't that great for me either. He had board control, and I think I only had out a Tornadus and Darkrai. The only hope I had was to N him down to 1, and then take 6 straight prizes. And luckily, I do just that for the epic comeback.
1-1

He doesn't have too good of a start, and I think I had the turn one Darkrai. Flips don't go in his favor, and I proceed to take Game 3 pretty quickly. Sorry about the bad luck, Curtis.
7-3

R11 (T32) VS. Paz W/ Straight Donphan
I was so confused as to how this deck got this far. I guess he didn't play against a single Tornadus.

Game 1 was pretty good for me. I do what is best and tank with Tornadus and Mewtwo. It would have been smarter to just drop 7 energies on Mewtwo and then SSU when needed,( to prevent Max Potion), but oh well. He isn't really able to kill much, due to Eviolites, so I end up taking the first game.

Game 2 is terrible for me. The only Pokemon I could hit were two Smeargles, and they only lasted two turns. Endeded up losing by turn 3.

Game 3 I notice that Mewtwo is a stronger attacked than Tornadus in this match-up, so I just load up a Mewtwo with all of my energies and proceed to OHKO everything in his deck.
8-3

I was so glad that I made it to day 3, and so did my cousin. My only problem was that I woke up and had a terrible headache. Luckily, one of my friends had some headache relief with them and it went away by the time the day started.

R12 (T16) VS. Isaiah W/ Zeel/Terrakion
Game 1 he just sets up. Not a lot I can do about it, since he has Terrakion and Mewtwo to counter every move I make. I start up a Mewtwo war, but because I only play two Mewtwos, I couldn't win the war.

Game 2 I get the turn one Darkrai. This was great, because it mean't that by turn 2, I could take out one of his Mewtwos and even start a Mewtwo war that I could easily win. I can't exactly recall what happened, but I ended up taking the game.

Game 3 was the closest game I played throughout the entire event. All I know, is that it was 2-2 in prizes, and there was a Terrakion on the bench with 100 damage, and an active Mewtwo VS. my Darkrai. I had to portrait twice, as well as use a PONT, but I ended up hitting the Switch + Catcher to seal the game.
9-3

R13 (T8) VS. Seth W/ Terrakion/Landorus/Mewtwo
Not to be rude, but I'm not sure how this deck got so far in the tournament..

Game 1 I was able to take out his DCE'd Mewtwo on turn 1 I believe, and since he had no energy acceleration, he was pretty much out of the game.

Game 2 My prizes were Mewtwo, 2 Pluspower, and 3 Energy. I started a Mewtwo war pretty much on turn one, but didn't notice those were prized. I scoop pretty fast because I know that I screwed myself out of that game.

Game 3 Was intense for me. This game decided whether or not I was going to Hawaii or not, so I tried pretty hard. It felt great to get out a DCE'd Tornadus turn one, especially against his deck. I'm pretty sure he N'd me on turn one, which was great for me. I remember not having anything besides SSU's and Junk Arms. From there on, I proceed to take out Terrakions with Tornadus and kept a Mewtwo out just in case.
10-3

At this point, I didn't even care if I won the entire tournament. I was too tired, and since I just won a trip to Hawaii, I was stoked.

R14 (T4) VS, Ty Wheeler (Eventual winner) W/ Quad Terrakion/Quad Mewtwo
Game 1 went fairly well, but he played more Mewtwo then I did, which ended up being pretty important.

Game 2, I honestly don't remember. It wasn't even that long ago, I just had a lot going on in my head. He ended up taking the game fairly quickly, and eventually won the entire event.

I have no regrets from this tournament, and I wouldn't have changed a single card in my list. The event ran perfectly, and the staff was amazing.

Props:
3rd place
My cousin getting 4th
Free trip to Hawaii
Final year in Seniors
Getting to see all of my friends and making new ones
+ more.. i just want to go to sleep.

Slops:
Headaches
Cheaters who use rigged dice.

Probably just a weight in the corner that touches all odd faces of the dice that makes all the rolls evens.

Congratulations on doing so well and winning the travel award :smile: I'm also curious, how exactly was the dice rigged?

His Opponent used a Heated dice so that it would be on the six everytime

Hey BTW EXTC you got Lucky I helped you with the Claiming The trip

btw thanks for letting me Be in your room

Nice job B. New you could do it, also nice job by getting 1 place ahead of sean. I'll give you some props for that.

About the dice, it was obvious that the 6 had been burned, and you could tell by feeling the surface.

About the dice, it was obvious that the 6 had been burned, and you could tell by feeling the surface.

congratulations! Just curious about the winning deck. Did Ty have DCEs for the mewtwo or just exp share fighting energies around?

Umm in top 16 you played Isaiah R (me) and two turns before the n i gave you into two i ponted and wiffed on a energy attachment which would of won me the game so i could ko darkrai with mewtwo also i used N to get you to two cards and i drew a PONT so you could portriat twice and use juniper and congrats by the ways those were great games

Back