Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vespiqueen + Memory Berry

Sabett

Now if you don't know by now, there's a combee from the new set that has a fairly awesome attack:

:colorless: Enraged Assualt 20+
If a Vespiqueen is on your bench and has any damage counters on it, this attack does 20 plus 60 more damage and the defending pokemon is now poisoned.

The problem though, being combee, it only has 30 hp. I don't have to tell you how terrible this is, but with a memory berry we can use this attack on a much more useful pokemon, Vespiqueen, specifically the SF one. Now I'm not saying this is some sort of hidden super secret tech, but it's not the worst rogue idea either, it has a resistance to fighting, a perfect revenge pokebody, is only a stage 1, and as a grass pokemon open to a wide multitude of techs.

Going through the list we have two different Cherrims one reducing damage done to your grass pokemon, and one that increases damage done by your grass pokemon, a Metapod that eliminates weaknesses for grass pokemon, the newest Vespiqueen can protect your grass pokemon on the bench, and shaymin giving each other grass pokemon extra 40 hp.

Now out of these techs, what I would personally suggest is to run one of the newest Vespiqueens, as the one to sit on the bench with the damage either via Rainbow energy, or Unown P if you want to. And to run either the defending cherrims or a shaymin. I'd also suggest to run an Unown R engine in order to get as many of the things you need asap, since you need at least 2 vespiqueens out, some sort of way to damage one of them, and eventually some defender cherrims.

This will take far too many cards to set up.

and therefore kingdra and pluff are better hitters.
Far too many? On an unown R engine? 2 whole stage 1s along with another basic and a tool? It doesn't seem like you're considering dual balls, set up, or BTS. The Cherrims aren't necessary to attack, or even the memory berry. In 2 turns this could easily get set up in order to attack.

Also, kingdra and pluff are completely different decks, and no they don't necessarily hit harder all the time, and no they don't necessarily take less cards to set up than this.

Quite frankly, rather then stockpiling on Unown P and the likes, I'd treat it like a common Vespiquen deck and stock up on Warp Points, Sunfloras and Cherrims. The moment one of your Vespiquens takes a blow and survives, Warp Point, Memory Berry the newly active Quen and start whacking for 80+. Hilarity ensues.

Back