Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

VG Nationals Tip of Day - Making a Trainer's Log

mysterioustrainer

I have talked about how I make a trainer's log documenting how I am raising my new team for my second and third attempts at Journey Across America, well I am going to go into a little more detail in what I put into a log. Why keep a log? Well the first reason it will help prove innocense when it comes time when you win your JAA tournament and have to surrender that game pak of yours to Pokemon USA, Inc. Secondly, you can if you so desire use the information to teach others how you made it to the top.

You don't have to put down every step you take as you go from start to finish as you create your Pokemon Team however you should document the following actions.

• The time and date you begin a new game on a version of Pokemon.
  • The time and date you are ready to catch a Pokemon. If you are catching a legendary and need to repeat the file over to catch it with Natures and IVs suitable to your needs, make sure you note how many times you re-did the capture and explain that you searched for specific stats on your choosen Pokemon. For example when I caught Mewtwo I may want a Hasty Nature with higher stats in Special Attack, Attack, and Speed over Special Defense and Defense. Get it? Also write down the precious stats at the time you have successfully captured each team mate.
  • For teammates that are breeded from record the capture of each Parent and their stats. Then when the egg hatches record its stats. Don't forget time and date of each of these events.
  • Next record what, when and how moves you teach to each of your Pokemon. For example: My Mewtwo learned Thunder by the use of a TM on April 8th, 2006 at 12:50 pm.
  • Last keep a record of each of your Pokemon EV tracking chart. Learn more about EVs from Spectron's lesson as I am not the expert in that area. However documenting your EV training will help prove any stats are that are powerful above normal.
  • Finally, record the time and final stats of your Pokemon after it reaches Lv.100.
  • Record any data transfers no matter how insignifcant whether it be through trading or using Pokemon Box.
  • Record personal comments about raising your team, and your feelings as the events you are planning for approaches.
Now keeping a trainer's log, is really only good if you are starting out from scratch building your team, I like am doing with mine. If you see me at Salt Lake or at Denver ask me to see my trainer's log if you want. That is it for today. Keeping a trainer's log is definitely not necessary but if you want to ensure Pokemon USA that you are an honest but very smart Pokemon trainer or if you want to establish bragging rights in the Pokemon community then make a log as a hobby to the hobby you already love.

I personally think it's a waste of time. Nintendo isn't gonna eyeball your game and say hmm I don't think I like that mewtwo, it's too good, let's revoke their trip. they're going to put it through a machine or computer to determine ANY changed code to make sure you haven't messed stuff up.

That and how can they really trust what you've written down? Anyone can fake a trainer log. But it's still a decent idea on paper.

Yes both points are very true but as I said it might be more of a way to show others how you build the team that took you to the top and be more of a help to other trainers. Yes anyone could fake a log. Its not a sure way to prove yourself honest but its more of an explination how your team came together which is useful in many ways to both ours and official eyes.

As I said there is no needed reason to go through with it, but if you are scared to death about getting caught when you know your innocent well this is just one of a few ways to at least express it.

I myself have been keeping an overall journal about my entire history of Pokemon training (both TCG and Game Boy) which goes over alot of memories that are fun to look back on. It dates all the way back to summer of 1999.

So how you want to treat this very unusual discussion and lesson I put up its your decision. But this gives ideas that surpass what I intially teach for JAA.

Yeah and its spans across eight notebooks. I keep them at home as I don't risk losing them and they are useful to back up my facts whenever I try and look smart (which sometimes I do fail at).

it cant be thats serious... i mean dates and times.... IF i make a journel, it will say where I caught it and what level it was at. I doubt they will be that...whats the word im looking for...**** about it

Not really, I just record any Pokemon related events that occur in my day or days when I go to bed at night. Of course I have had all the time in the world being unemployed right now.

Back