Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vic Mignogna voices Keldeo.

Fox_Master51

He just had to voice the brony :nonono:

Don't get me wrong, I think Vic Mignogna is one of the most prominent voice actors of our time. But really Vic? Really?

I've seen the new trailer on pokebeach, and his voice doesn't fit all that well. Not to me anyway.

What do you guys make of it?

Does Keldeo have a ridiculous British/Australian accent? If not just about any voice wouldn't really annoy me as bad as that would lol

Why does he have to be Keldeo!?
At least he got a main part.
But it is hard for me to see Edward Elric as keldeo

Vic gets the main role yet again. Seriously, this is like his 25th main role. The guy is EVERYWHERE and I'm sick of hearing him! I think this would have been a great breakout role for a new voice actor, not one who has been ridiculously proficient in the past few years. You want people to watch the movie and think "Keldeo" not "Ed Elric/Tamaki/Tatsunosuke/Yoshimori/Brolly".

Vic gets the main role yet again. Seriously, this is like his 25th main role. The guy is EVERYWHERE and I'm sick of hearing him! I think this would have been a great breakout role for a new voice actor, not one who has been ridiculously proficient in the past few years. You want people to watch the movie and think "Keldeo" not "Ed Elric/Tamaki/Tatsunosuke/Yoshimori/Brolly".

You forgot Death Scythe from Soul Eater :tongue:
Also there was Junpei from Persona 3...

I think Haley Joel Osment, Sora from KH2's voice actor, would have been a bit better. Not too young not too old. But still somewhat heroic IMO.

Also this is bugging the hell outta me: HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE HIS LAST NAME? Too me it's like trying to pronounce that volcano in Iceland.

Last edited:

I think Haley Joel Osment, Sora from KH2's voice actor, would have been a bit better. Not too young not too old. But still somewhat heroic IMO.

Also this is bugging the hell outta me: HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE HIS LAST NAME? Too me it's like trying to pronounce that volcano in Iceland.

We call him McDerpaderp.

Frankly, I think someone else should have gotten the role. This man's ego is through the roof already, and he thinks he's the greatest thing to happen to voice acting. Well, your talent is worth nothing of you don't have an ounce of humility.

So...for those of us who don't watch as much anime anymore, what're his other more notable roles? Dunno who the name is, but Keldeo with an aussie accent by the sound of it sounds...bleh?

His full acting list is toooooo long to post.

Osment actually would have been good. o_O I could totally hear it working.

Haha, his name is deceptive, actually, it's far too easy. Min-yah-nah. It's... uh... Italian?

From his mouth it rhymes with lasagna.

When I listened to the preview for the first time all I can hear is Ed Elric and am waiting for Keldeo to transmute something. I feel editing Ash out and replacing him with an Alphonse will happen >.>

Okay that's not even funny. :confused:

:confused: I'm not sure what you mean... I'm pretty sure the name is Italian. I wasn't making a joke.

Anyone else think "The Sword of Justice" sounds really cheesy? I literally can not say those four words out loud without hamming them up.

:confused: I'm not sure what you mean... I'm pretty sure the name is Italian. I wasn't making a joke.

Anyone else think "The Sword of Justice" sounds really cheesy? I literally can not say those four words out loud without hamming them up.

I meant that with such a complex looking name that i never would have guessed it sounded like the Spanish word for "tomorrow" :mad:

Back