Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vilegar- Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonmaster

I played my Vilegar deck at one Cities last weekend, and the bad part was I didn't start with a Ghastly or Spiritomb once although I run 4 of each. Not much I can do about that. I was 3-1 and I started with Oddish and went 1st, and got donked... -_- Anyways, I want to change it up a bit. I lost to an Abomasnow deck, but my donk loss was against Gyarados which I played 3 times that day.

Side note: I DON'T WANT A DIFFERENT DECK IDEA, JUST HELP ME CONSTRUCT THIS ONE.

Here's my list:

Pokemon: (27)
4-3-3-1 Gengar X (Stormfront all the way through)
2-2-2 Vileplume UD (LA Gloom)
2 Uxie LA
4 Spiritomb AR
1-1 Blaziken FB X SV
2 Unown Q

Trainers: (21)
Bebe's x4
Collectors x2
Rare Candy x2
BTS x2
Luxury Ball x1
Flower Shop Lady x2
Copycat x4
Looker's x4

Energy: (13)
Psychic x6
Fire x2
Call x2
Warp (or) Rescue x2

Strategy: Depending on who I'm playing, get the lock out early. From there, shadow room and poltergeist what I need to to draw prizes. Blaze FB X is in there for Dialga and Steelix matchup.

Now, I know the first thing you saw was the 2 Collectors and you're thinking I should run 4...from testing it, I'm telling you, it hardly needs 1. I have them in there just in case, but I'd almost like to take one out and just bump the call energy up 1.

Anyways, a few problems I'm having.

1. is my start. At cities I started with Unown Q, Blaziken, Oddish, and Uxie x2. I don't know how to make it consistent so I'm starting with either Ghastly or Tomb. That's one thing I need help on.

2. I don't draw into too much Psychic energy.

3. I want to test adding a Umbreon UD 1-1 line. I'd drop the fires, and add 4 rainbows, but I don't know what to drop to get Umbreon. I was thinking dropping Rare Candies, but those can be helpful early game! I don't think I need 4 Copycat either, but they are helpful!

Anyways, the Umbreon is a possibility.
Which should I use: Warp, or Rescue?
The rescue seems more disturbing for my opponent with having a Gengar use fainting spell, then get put right back into my hand, or a Vileplume get knocked out then go right back into my hand, but if a Vileplume gets stuck active without any means of getting back on the bench, decks could just snipe my bench until I get Vileplume out of there. I don't think I can run both....HELP!!!!

Thanks guys!!

Try it with this list:

POKEMON (27)
4331 Gengar (TR Haunter!!!!)
222 Vileplume
2 Uxie
11 Blaziken
1 Crobat
1 Unown Q
4 Spiritomb

TRAINER (21)
4 Collector
4 Bebe
3 Looker
2 Copycat
2 Seeker
1 Palmer
4 BTS

ENERGY (12)
4 Call
4 Psychic
3 Rainbow
2 Warp

The problem with your list is consistency with you outcoming.
2 Call and 2 Collector are way to less, you should play at least 3 of each and 4 of each is really good.
Without Warp this doesn't work.
No Fires for Blaziken, you have to play Rainbow, because you can use them with Gengar too and that makes everything much easier. ;D

Hope that helped you.
-Filipp.

I wouldn't run call at all but that is my opinion... also with BTS usually in play you will definately want rescue energy so you can get your gengar's back with no issue.

I run
3 warp
3 rescue
3 rainbow
4 psychic

4 Pokemon collectors is a must though !

I wouldn't run call at all but that is my opinion... also with BTS usually in play you will definately want rescue energy so you can get your gengar's back with no issue.

I run
3 warp
3 rescue
3 rainbow
4 psychic

4 Pokemon collectors is a must though !

4 Collectors is not a must I played this at my Cities and won but I played 3 Collectors and 4 Bebes. I also think 4 Psy Energy is low. I ran 5 and 3 Rainbow. That is a bare minimum. You don't want to be t2 or t3 fully set up but no energy.

You are right call is not to be used. Having to resort to Call Energy in this deck is TERRIBLE. You are slow as is. You don't want to slow it down even more with the format being what it is. Granted Call is useful in the begining sometimes just don't run it. It will be dead draw later and it is a worse Collector.

Last edited:
The way this deck runs, I don't need Collectors. I'll probably stick with 2.
I like Flower Shop Lady > Palmer's because I run st 2.

Call gets me out of bad starts so I probably won't drop them...
I got donked because I started with an Oddish and went first... :-/

I have thought about Mismagius, but don't know what to drop!

The way this deck runs, I don't need Collectors. I'll probably stick with 2.
I like Flower Shop Lady > Palmer's because I run st 2.

Call gets me out of bad starts so I probably won't drop them...
I got donked because I started with an Oddish and went first... :-/

I have thought about Mismagius, but don't know what to drop!
The way this Deck runs does way better if you run 4 Collector and 4 Call, because this is more consistent than your list. ;D

Palmer > Flowershoplady !!!!! With Palmer you can choose up to 5 in any combination, what is definitly better than 3/3. Especially in here, because a knocked out Gengar are 1-1-1(-1) Gengar 1 Psychic and 1Call/Psychic/Warp, so most times 5 and Palmer's is way better than.

Mismagius is not needed, because if you attack your oppenents benched Pokemon the Umbreon will probably die after killing Gengar and you getting heads on FS. Why should you tech against a techt that you wil face very rare?!

-Filipp.

Gotta face the facts dude. If you're having problems with consistent starts but you don't want to run more basic search like Call and Collector, your consistency won't get better. It's true that you won't have much use for the 3rd or 4th or maybe even the 2nd Collector. The reason you play FOUR is to maximize the chances of having ONE early, which is clearly a boon to consistency, even if you end up not using the other 3 Collectors at all. The same thing is true of Call Energy if you choose to run it.

Atleast 1 Crobat G and 3 Rescue Energy are necessary.
I just shadow room the whole time mainly.
With Rescue Energy, I get to use Fainting Spell alot. Wins me games.

Yeah, but what do I take out for the Rescues?
I had Crobat G at one point for Kingdras that are JUST out of reach for a 2 shot with shadow room.

I want Rescues, but I think the Warps are necessary. If my Vileplume gets stuck up top, they can snipe my bench since I can't retreat it...

I play 8 Psychic 2 Warp 3 Rescue

I never put Blaziken in. I think it's too slow. They usually shouldn't be able to get Dialga out within a few turns and you should already have full set up EXCEPT if they are playing DialgaChomp

Last edited:
I like it with Rescues, but I think Calls are necessary...
Blaziken also helps with more matchups than just Dialga.

It gives me a hand against Steelix Prime, Kingdra Prime, as well as helps me with Dialga...

You can try out some of the stuff i've done with my list

here it is:
pokemon (27):
4 Spiritomb
4 Gastly SF
3 Haunter TR (TM?)
2 Gengar SF
1 Gengar Prime
1 Gengar Lv X
2-2-2 Vileplume
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
1-1 Honchkrow SV
1 Crobat G

T/S/S (19)
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
3 Collector
2 BTS
3 Seeker
3 Looker's Investigation
1 Twins
1 Palmers Contribution
3 Bebe's Search

Energy (14):
8 Psychic
3 Warp
3 Rescue

I'm a big supporter of Cyrus's Conspiracy in this deck for a couple reasons:
1: it can help you gain the energy you need to start shadow room and grab you a supporter you may really need or another cyrus to find another energy next turn.
2: Also if you run Blaziken FB it can help you find that fire energy you need for luring flame.
3: you can run less basic energy and feel a little safer.

I like having azelf as well to get my X or any other important pokemon out of my prizes I think this would also help out with the blaziken tech.

those are probably my main differences from your initial list in your first post

i run Honchkrow SV because gyarados is big in my area i'm going to add in Unown Q to help it work a little smoother and I want to try running blaziken at some point too as I just got the card. I wish I could make the honchkrow work a little smoother as I have to retreat to get it active to use the power in combo w/ seeker if necessary but then can't retreat again without warp or waiting a turn.

I hope you find this a little helpful :D

Thanks, I actually JUST decided to tech in my Gengar Prime...
I haven't had to use it though...but the main idea is Poltergeist,
so I'm not sure if it will take away from the deck or not.

As for trainers, I think Looker's and Copycat are NECESSARY for this deck.

And I was thinking about Azelf, but every time I've played with this deck
I've never had either of my lvl Xs prized. I know it's just a matter of time, but
Gengar X isn't really a huge deal if it's prized, and Blaze X is situational so
same about that I guess...

Thanks for the help though!

Without changing your deck around like you asked, Ill simply say Twins is amazing in this deck. Great synergy with tomb. Gengar Prime is so bad, not in a good way.

Well if you were changing my deck, what would you do?

I think I've decided to take out the candies and replace them
with Rescue energies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back