Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vileplume Misprint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charchar

My friend that goes to my league has 2 Dark Vileplumes in his deck, i think its from Team Rocket Set? Well we were battling for fun when i noticed that one has a fire weakness and one had a fighting. So the question is, is the vileplume with the fighting energy weakness rare or just a common misprint back then?

It's not just common, it's every single one of them. I don't remember which of the holo/non-holo is the fighting and which is the fire, but every single one of *insert rarity here* has a fighting weakness, and every single one of the *other rarity here* has a fire weakness.

Yeah, they're all like that. None were fixed from what I've heard. So we don't need pics :tongue:

It is an error, but it was a very common error. To make explaining this easier. Nintendo had the same thing happen with Sandstorm Marril. It had some versions with free retreat and some with one retreat. As with the Marril the Dark Vileplume was played with whichever weakness the card has. So if you have both you should play both, because you can have an advantage because they are the same card except for the weakness.

The card has no "extra" value because of this.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back