Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Viletar's Last Run (W List)

desufnoc

So I head into BR knowing this will be the the last time I will use Viletar knowing that there will be a rotation ( Bye spiritomb) by the time I get back from deployment. I have used this deck in the past couple tournaments and have fared well. I had also made a reshiram deck for my wife, so I felt that one of us had a good chance to win.

Round 1
Viletar VS. KGL

Since I don' remember names I will just put down the decks. I have trainer lock going turn one and believe had vileplume out turn two or three. For the first couple of turn we just set up. I bring out T-tar eventually and take some prizes. He is able to set up one KGL and knock out alot of my bench including a vileplume that i had weakened earlier with darkness howl. I eventually win taking three prizes at once on one of my turns with darkness howl.
1-0

Round 2
Viletar VS. Reshiboar

I think i had spiritomb out turn one and eventually got out a vileplume. The problem was that i couldnt search out or draw into a larvitar to save my life. He wins with ease :(
1-1

Round 3
Viletar VS. Gyarados

He goes first and i dont have an active spiritomb so he is able to play trainers turn 1. My turn i search out a tomb retreat my eevee and bring in tomb to start the lock. I dont remember much except he was frustrated he couldnt play expert belt and that my t-tar had one sp. dark to ko his gyarados. Near the end of the match he is stalling since he was up on prizes 3-1. He finally passes to me and i darkness howl for 2 prizes and it is tied. He cant get another gdos out, passes and i power claw for the win.
2-1

Round 4
Viletar VS. Reshiram

I have to play my wife with the winner going to top cut most likely. I don't remember most of the match but i do remember feeling bad the whole time. At the end i was just able to set up faster than her because of trainer lock. She had reshirams powered up late and two typhlosions but couldnt come back from the slow start.
3-1

Top Cut
Game 1
Viletar VS. Reshiboar

I end up playing the same reshiboar guy i had earler. Game one i had lock turn one with tomb and decided to break it once i had t-tar set up since both my glooms were in my prizes :( i ko his smeargle with ttar, get the gloom out of my prizes luckily but the one turn he had of no lock was too much. He was able to use his boar with expert belt to run the table against me.
0-1

Game 2

We both start bad. I have two uxies but am able to get my tomb turn one i believe. The early lock i believe provided me the win and he could never really set up since i was actually able to get plume out :D
1-1

Game 3

I believe i had the lock turn one but once again i broke it again just to try and grab a cheap prize. Once he had the chance to set up i was done. His deck was just too much for me.

Props:
T-tar for being a boss the past few tournies.
Spiritomb for koing a emboar with 20hp left :p and being my starter almost every match :D
Wife for not being upset about losing :D

Slops:
Umbreon for being useless :( I knew i should of used zororak.
All the Reshiram decks.
Not being able to give T-Tar a tournament win :(

List
Pokemon:25
4-Spiritomb
3-Larvitar
3-Pupitar
3-Tyranitar
2-Uxie
2-Oddish
2-Gloom
2-Vileplume