Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

VileTrio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg916

Alright so here's a concept my friend told me and I decided to try to build a deck out of it. He mentioned the basic strategy but I tweaked it a tiny bit.

I haven't built this yet it's all just theory right now.

Here's the list:
(Updates in color)

Pokemon (22):

4-4 Dugtrio (Sinkhole)
2-2-2 Vileplume (Trainer lock)
4-4 Roserade (Energy Signal)/ Muk UD/ Grumpig LA

T/S/S (25):

2 Rare Candy
2 BTS
2 Pkmn Collector
2 Pkmn Communication
2 Bebe Search
4 Bench Shield
2 Black Belt (HS-Triumphant)
2Twins (HS-Triumphant)
2 Cyrus Conspiracy
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 PONT
1 Prof. Elm's Training Method

Energy (13):

If Roserade:
4 Psychic
6 Grass
2 Rescue
2 DCE
2 Rainbow

If Muk or Grumpig:
7 Psychic
4 DCE
2 Rescue

Strategy:
Have 4 Dugtrios and 1 Vileplume on the bench (hopefully equipped with Bench Shields on 4 out of the 5). Vileplume prevents switch cards like Switch, Warp Point, etc., so the opponent is forced to use retreat cost, which means that Pokemon gets hit by Sinkhole which can potentially hit for 8 damage counters.
Roserade is there for Poisoning and Confusing, status conditions which will hopefully lure the opponent into retreating.
Rainbow energy is for Roserade (I've been told attaching Rainbow Energy both Poisons AND Confuses at the same time, is this true?)DCE and Basic energies are for Roserade's Power Blow attack which does 20x the amount of energy attached to it.

Muk is for Poison and Confuse. DCE is for Pester.
Grumpig is for Confuse (6counters instead of 3). DCE is for Grind (20x amount of energy attached to Grumpig).

Rescue energy is mostly for Plume in case it gets KOed.
Black Belts are for that extra punch when needed.

Anybody have any suggestions or does this look like a potentially solid list?

Basically, I'm undecided between Roserade, Muk, or Grumpig. They each have their own advantages/disadvantages. Any suggestions? Maybe another main attacker?

Last edited:
Roserade only has 90HP so I'll have to find a way to work with that.

Could always run a Cherrim for healing, or a Landmin X for boosted max HP.
Also since you're only 1-0-1 on the Vileplume line, and you're kinda banking on the fact they won't be prized, I would either add to the line, or tech in an Azelf. :thumb:

It is stackable, Dugtrio's body.
Personally, I'd run Muk UD over roserade, but that's just me.

Hmm, ok, this deck looks alright, here's what I'd change:

-1-1 Roserade UL for +1-0-1 Vileplume
-2 Candy for +2 BTS
-2 Expertbelt for +2 Twins

well this is what I'd change so far, 1st I want to know more what you think.

Ok well I agree about boosting the Plume line. Just in case.

Muk is a good idea I don't know why I didn't think of it :p

2 candies for 2 bts...ya I don't see why not. I can try both ways and see what works better.

Not sure about the Belts for the Twins. Sure they can help set up faster but it all depends on how many prizes I have left. They don't do much to boost my offense. Is there a specific reason for that switch?

Thanks for all the ideas btw I think they'll really help this deck a lot :)

I guess since I'm switching Rose for Muk I can take out those grass energies for Psychics. Maybe put in a couple less and add 2 more Rescue?

@Blitzkrieg916:
Sure thing! Glad to help! The main reason behind Twins over Expert belt is due to set up. Running lot's of pokemon means you need lot's of search power. Also, this is somewhat of a lock deck, no? Why boost your attack output if they aren't going to attack often? That's how I see it.

Also I forgot, if you run 2 bts, you should have 2 glooms. ^^;

ah i see what you mean!
Alright I'll give that a shot then :) Doesn't hurt to try :)
And ya I was also thinking Glooms so I don't have to rely too much on candies :p

Alright good deal! Hope the combo runs smoothly for you!

---------- Post added 10/25/2010 at 01:54 AM ----------

Oh, another card I just want to mention. Grumpig LA

Personally I would run 3 Bench Shield and an extra PONT, but doesn't look to shabby! Test it out some, and tell us what you have trouble with.

Hmmm...
I just realized a potentially fatal flaw.

I can't put Bench Shield onto Plume...
And to put it onto Trio I'd have to set up Plume later, which defeats the Trainer Lock...

I can get rid of the shields but then my bench is wide open to snipes (especially DialgaChomp)

Any suggestions?

Hmmm...
I just realized a potentially fatal flaw.

I can't put Bench Shield onto Plume...
And to put it onto Trio I'd have to set up Plume later, which defeats the Trainer Lock...

I can get rid of the shields but then my bench is wide open to snipes (especially DialgaChomp)

Any suggestions?

Lack of warp energy makes you just as vulnerable to bright look/luring flame. If you want a bench shield on it, then just drop it before you evolve. Personally I wouldn't even bother. Also lack of a dialga g counter sticks out like a sore thumb.

As another version of the deck you can try pidgeot TR giving the defending pokemon CC to its attack. So either they have to over attach to attack, or retreat and take damage to attack normally.

So, you want to put Bench Shield onto Vilplume, while under a trainer lock? Not to hard. But you need Seekers. Assuming BTS is on the field and you didn't candy plume, just seeker it up, play down oddish, bench shield, gloom, and then Vileplume.

Lack of warp energy makes you just as vulnerable to bright look/luring flame. If you want a bench shield on it, then just drop it before you evolve. Personally I wouldn't even bother. Also lack of a dialga g counter sticks out like a sore thumb.

Well in my area there aren't any players who run Luxray and there's only 1 or two who run Blaziken so it's not a huge threat.
What do you suggest for Dialga G counter? (if any for this deck)
There's only 1 person at my league who runs it and I know it's going to give me problems...

Bump please.

Well, I was thinking of a Dialga G Lv.X counter...what about Magmortar (SV)?
It's only a Stage 1, Evolutionary Flame works with my strategy, and it can 1-hit Dialga G Lv.X.

I'm thinking:
-1-1 Roserade/Muk/Grumpig (Depends on who I choose as my main attacker)
+1-1 Magmortar (SV)

-2 Psychic/Grass/DCE (Again, depends on main attacker)
+2 Fire Energy

Rescue Energy can help me use Evo Flame repeatedly (at the cost of forfeiting a Prize, which helps with Twins anyway)

Any objections/comments?

Appreciate the help :)

Well if you are worried about bench damage you could try manetric from platinum or there is vespiquen from undaunted that protects grass pokemon on the bench.:wink:

@machampion

Thanks for the tip but my primary concern is more DGX. Even if I do add Menactric or Vespiquen Dialga still stops their powers :p Thanks anyway though!

@Mewtral
Thanks :) I think I'll start off with Muk and see how it goes from there :p

Alright well I finally gave this deck a run today and to be honest, I think I'm going to scrap it. It sounds good on paper but it just doesn't work properly. It's too slow and to be honest I'm out of ideas :p

I'll just go back to my Crobat Prime deck.

Thanks to all those who gave me some feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back