Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia Spring Battle Road Events!!

totoro

Hey guys and gals,
Due to my quickly approaching trip, I have to run these all at the start of Battle Road season...

Saturday, May 26 Woodbridge, VA Game Parlor
14400 Smoketown Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22192
Registration Begins at 10:30
Start Time around 11:00

Sunday, May 27 Midlothian, VA Gamez Cardz and Racing (New Venue for Premier Events)
Requires Telephone Preregistration (cap at 40 players)--(804) 276-7529
11031 Hull Street Rd (Victorian Square Shopping Center)
Midlothian, VA 23112
Registration Begins at 11:00
Start Time around 11:30

Sunday, June 3 Midlothian, VA Richmond Comix
Requires Telephone Preregistration (cap at 30 players)--(804) 594-2845
14249 Midlothian Turnpike (Ivymont Square Shopping Center)
Midlothian, VA 23113
Registration Begins at 11:00
Start Time around 11:30

Each of these events will earn Premier Ranking Points and will follow the rules for a modified constructed event. Prizes will be (per age group)
1st Place 8 packs D/P + "Victory Medal--Gold" Promo card
2nd Place 4 packs D/P

as usual, we will have door prizes, fun and maybe a surprise as well...

Looks like Midlothian and Aardvarks will be competing for people this Sunday.

I might try to get to Woodbridge if Ryan has plans or something...

Not long now. And I still don't understand how the trainers from the two series mix *sighs*. One thing we thought of, if an opponent's Speed Stadium is in play, does it count for additional damage for Espeon ex's Psyloop (60 + (30 x # of opponent's trainer cards))?

Javier, Alex, Arron, and I just kind of thought about it tonight, while Arron gave me a display of D/P power :(

Not long now. And I still don't understand how the trainers from the two series mix *sighs*. One thing we thought of, if an opponent's Speed Stadium is in play, does it count for additional damage for Espeon ex's Psyloop (60 + (30 x # of opponent's trainer cards))?

Javier, Alex, Arron, and I just kind of thought about it tonight, while Arron gave me a display of D/P power :(

[Put's on PokePop's hat for a second]
Psyloop comes from a set prior to D/P, so any reference to "trainer" actually refers now to "trainer, supporter, or stadium" So, if the opponent played Speed Stadium then its a base of 90 damage. Simple!

weekend #1 official results

Kind of disappointing turnouts, but with the holiday weekend, I guess this is to be expected. I'm really hoping for a bigger turnout this coming Sunday, though....

Woodbridge (Game Parlor)

Juniors
1. Jimmy P
2. Andrew H
3. Ethan H

Seniors
1. Patrick T
2. Arron S
3. KC E
4. Melody A
5. Alex E

Masters
1. Jonathan A
2. Luke R
3. Michael P
4. Pablo G
5. Sean G
6. Johnny R
7. Alex S
8. Pedro G
9. Timothy F
10. Mark W
11. Leah H
12. Ken E

Midlothian (Gamez)

Juniors
1. Tad M
(only player in the division, plays up and still goes undefeated!)

Seniors
1. Arron S

2. Tatiana M
3. Jacob L
4. Patrick T
5. Matt C

Masters
1. Johnny R

2. Megan T
3. Javier S
4. Alex S
5. Josh W
6. Randy M
7. Pam C

Good times, all!! Congrats to the Reynolds's for really showing strong (see Mrs. R above :biggrin:) with a first in one age group (masters) and a second in another (juniors). Arron S. took his second VA BR by taking down Patrick T. 2-1 in the finals of the seniors. Full standings to come....later.
Quick prop to the aforementioned Reynolds family (and the Peebles, too!) for coming up in the rain! Hey, with such a strong showing, maybe next time we can get some more of y'all up here!!

Good times, all!! Congrats to the Reynolds's for really showing strong (see Mrs. R above :biggrin:) with a first in one age group (masters) and a second in another (juniors). Arron S. took his second VA BR by taking down Patrick T. 2-1 in the finals of the seniors. Full standings to come....later.
Quick prop to the aforementioned Reynolds family (and the Peebles, too!) for coming up in the rain! Hey, with such a strong showing, maybe next time we can get some more of y'all up here!!

If you can pry them away from Rockville- or maybe some of your own from the other side of the state should have some to their own...

Back