totoro

The Road to Hawaii starts here!!
Dates, Times, and Locations:

Sat Sept 17 Warrenton
Warrenton Center
251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699
Warrenton, VA 20186
Registration time: 11:00am-11:30am

Sat Sept 24 Fairfax (preregistration at Virginia Pokémon)
Fair City Mall
9650 Main St
Fairfax, VA 22031
Registration time: 10:30 AM-11 AM

Sat October 1 Charlottesville
Location: C'ville's Hobbies, Games, and Toys (formerly "The Place")
243 Ridge McIntire Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Reg time: 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
unsanctioned video game side event, rules to follow

Sat October 8 Harrisonburg
Town Center, unit W-1
182 Neff Ave
Harrisonburg VA 22801

Sun October 9 Roanoke
Cosmic Castle
(see Jeff's site/thread for details)

Sat October 15 Richmond
6112 Lakeside Ave
Richmond, VA 23228

Sun October 16 Warsaw
53 Gordon Lane
Warsaw, VA 22572

All events are HGSS-on modified format. Decklists will be required and available on-site. Players are strongly encouraged to use an online decklist generator.

Last edited:
Fairfax- can't find the link to preregister. WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Have they ever had one at warsaw before?

Last edited:
Nick, the preregistration link isn't quite live yet... Patience... Warsaw had an EPO Prerelease as their debut "big" event.

Fairfax- can't find the link to preregister. WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Have they ever had one at warsaw before?

This will be our first full season of Premier events.
The prerelease was a success last month - bringing in people from VA Beach, Richmond, Norfolk, Newport News, and Richmond County.
It was a great crowd.

The meta will be very mixed (perhaps even more so than VA Beach used to be) and it will be very challenging (as you will have a balance between rogue and popular meta decks).

Anyone that can win Warsaw will have to have an insanely consistent deck that can beat, both, meta AND randomness.

Yeah Nick... you may want to come on over and try your hand at this one :smile:

William

Anyone that can win Warsaw will have to have an insanely consistent deck that can beat, both, meta AND randomness.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Nick... you may want to come on over and try your hand at this one :smile:
This will be a convenient location. Get to come from Lusby/SoMD without having to use the Interstate, and instead take a peaceful drive through 301 via the bridge, just as when they had events at Stafford.

The idea playing in a Premier event in a place that has previously had none, does sound alluring, in terms of curiosity about what kind of decks there will be and what the "game outside the game" will look like.

I will be hosting a videogame side-event, or after-event, at the Jefferson Gym Battle Roads in Charlottesville. This will be an unofficial event and I'll be responsible for it. There will be prizes, of course. Is this still okay with you, sir?

Does anyone have the address for the Warsaw and charlottesville events, or a link or something? And I'm assuming that the Richmond one is at Games.

Last edited:
I'm ninja'ing my own post before someone from the site does it for me.

Thanks for a fun time Pokemon, but I feel our relationship has come back to a bittersweet end years later.

Last edited:
Yeah. Shame VB TCG is so marginal, but I love the new Warsaw location as far as times go.
SEVEN BR's? Now that's something I'm down with whether there's one around the block or not.

Yeah. Shame VB TCG is so marginal
Ouch, I don't really like the word "marginal". It's just that I am in charge of 6 events here (well, 5, since Tim is TOing Richmond), so I can't just make a VA Beach event "pop" back into existence without upsetting another venue. Now I get that league attendance is bouncing back nicely in Tidewater (kudos to the LL down there-Kim, Pam, Rodel, Adam).. and I hope that that will help me try to get an event back there without having to lose one of my current locations (which are AWESOME :thumb:)
In the meantime, keep league attendance down there growing, and realize that I do re-evaluate locations regularly.

This will be a convenient location. Get to come from Lusby/SoMD without having to use the Interstate, and instead take a peaceful drive through 301 via the bridge, just as when they had events at Stafford.
The idea playing in a Premier event in a place that has previously had none, does sound alluring, in terms of curiosity about what kind of decks there will be and what the "game outside the game" will look like.

Warsaw is about 2 hrs from Lusby and 2 hrs from Tidewater, according to Google. So, it could very well be a neat mixing ground for the meta.... We'll see!!

Well, I have started to outgrow pokemon, I no longer have much interest in it anymore and haven't been to league in forever. I would have traveled for this had I still been into it, but I thank you guys for all the great years you have given me. Um, so yea, I won't be traveling for states or Battle Roads to let you know. See you guys around~

I think atleast Rodell and I are coming to Warrenton this weekend. I'll be dressed to depress so get ready to get your game on!

Back