Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's Spring 09 Battle Road Schedule

totoro

OK, gotta keep Mr. W happy!! Here's the VA BR schedule:

Saturday, May 23: Fairfax (Hobby Works)
Address: 9650 Main St, Fairfax, 22031
No preregistration via the store; click http://virginiapokemon.googlepages.com/preregistrationconstructed.html to preregister
Registration time: 11:30
Start time: 12:15

Sunday, May 24: Midlothian (Battle City Games)
Address: Victorian Square Shopping Center, 11031 Hull Street Rd, Midlothian, 23112 (between Anna's Pizza and Saigon Gourmet)
Start time 12:15
Give Cary or Daryl a call at (804) 276-7529 Tues—Sat to preregister. We can accommodate a lot, but it's nice to know how many tables to set up in advance!!

Saturday, May 30: Warrenton (Hobbies, etc)
Preregistration not required, but Warrenton has a CHAIR shortage!! Please bring a folding chair (or 2!)
Address: 251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699 , Warrenton, 20186
Start time 12:15

Sunday, May 31: Virginia Beach (Comic Kings)
Preregistration is not required.
Address: 5196 Fairfield Shopping Center, Virginia Beach, 23464
Start time: 12:15
LAST VA Premier event before Nats!!!! (Let's hit the beach afterwards!!)
Sand Draft, anyone??

•For each event, players who are not in line with a completed deck list by 11:45 WILL be marked late. This has a DEVASTATING effect on tie breaks, so please shoot for an 11:30 AM arrival time.
•Booster drafts are a distinct possibility at these events. Since I have a great deal of wisdom, none will be traditional pass-draft formats......

Last edited:
Only 4 due to my schedule, sorry. The k-value of these is small enough though where the fun factor should be more important than the "I'm gonna ride into Nats from my Battle Roads ranking" thinking!!

Well, yeah, I wasn't planning on riding to Worlds from it. I'm not disappointed at just 4, I just love events where I actually have a CHANCE at winning. I was simply just noticing that there are less than last year.

Man, I just realized how early these are... so I pretty much have one week from the PR to get all of my cards I need for this deck...

I'll be going to either Warrenton or Fairfax, I'll miss the one where the next Monday is Memorial Day.

This is my favorite thread :biggrin:

I guess we'll be at all of them :wink:

Speaking of points...

You get four points per match right? So.. if I go 5-0 at 3 BRs ... that's 20 points (hypothetically) per tourney.

So.. I need AT LEAST that to get back onto page 2 of the rankings again .. LOL

Look out y'all. The silly man is bringing his "A" game :p

Draft situation:
Fairfax--Totally depends on time factor, not card factor. If time permits, will likely be standard pass draft--again due to time constraints.

Midlo--Full Solomon ahead! Read over the rules if you are interested. Draft will begin during top cuts.

Warr--No draft :frown:

VA Beach--Draft will occur (I will hold cards for min of 6 draftees) Expect Solomon Format!! Draft during top cuts.

Alright, so it turns out I won't be at Fairfax like I thought. We don't have money for a hotel. I will be at Midlo and VA Beach for sure though... maybe Warrenton, but probably not.

hotel? I plan/hope/pray for the event to be finished by 7:30pm. What do you need a hotel for?

Would it be just you or would other people be coming with you?

Back