Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wailord Ex/ Xatu

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

I was thinking of a deck that utilized Xatu's power of healing and thought of the Wailord Ex card. Here's the Deck (it is untested)

Pokemon 19

x4 Natu
x4 Xatu (Healing Wind)
x4 Wailmer
x2 Wailord Ex
x1 Wailord
x3 Dunsparce
x1 Zangoose

Trainers 20

x3 Oak’s Research
x3 Copycat
x3 Pokenav
x3 Balloon Berry/ Switch
x2 Fast Ball
x3 Moo-Moo Milk
x2 Fisherman
x1 Town Volunteers

Energy 21

x10 Water
x5 Psychic
x3 Warp
x3 Multi Energy/ Rainbow

The obvious point of the deck is Using Wailord Ex to plow over everything adn then heal using Xatu's power and free retreat ability and Ex's SDD attack. Warp is the jic factor for Wailord to get out of danger for the chance of another SDD adn healing from Xatu.. lmk any fixes youmay have!! Thankx!!

:lol: Hello.

Your deck is one of the variants I have created of what I call "Gojira". Gojira started in Neon Modified, using Exedition T-tar (with its Dark Aura Poke-Power) and Aquapolis Espeon (with Energy Return). Dark Aura made all Energy attached to T-tar provide Darkness Energy, while Energy Return lets your return an Energy that is attached to a Pokemon to your hand. In Enon, I would "bounce" potion and Warp Energies to keep T-tar healthy. ANd you are wondering what this ahs to do with your deck. First, Gojira is compressed Japanese slang for gorilla-whale, and is the "real" name for 'Godzilla'. Second, Guess what Psychic Bird keeps my big attackers healthy in my new Gojira decks? Right: Sandstorm Xatu. ;) I started with that same T-tar, and have personally tried SS Steelix, AQ Nidoking, and DR Charizard as well. Wailord Ex is one the many (yeah, I am a slacker) that I am hoping to try soon. Just so you know, the concept is sound. Massive Xatu healing works wonders. I would change a few things, though I can't get too specific. First, on the Pokemon front, you got the most important part of the deck right: 4/4 Natu/Xatu. I've tried running less, but you need them maxed out. Youmight be able to make do with just 2 Dunsparce, and I bring this up becuase Lighting/Grass decks will probably have a field day with you. Especially Muk ex (which tends to eat Gojira decks-I know). So, you probably should include something to comba tthat. You chose Zangoose, and I think there is a better choice. I'd add two SS Wobbuffet. If you want to nail Colroelss Weak Pokemon, just use a Crystal Shard-its sufficed for me. Zangoos works best in decks with extra ENergy attachments. Finally, I'd either drop a Wailmer or add another normal Wailord. Trainers, I won't comment on too much, as differnet playing styles and all. Still, there are some common chocies I find questionable. First, either Xatu provides enough healing, or the deck doesn't work. So lose everything else. Second, Warp Point-Xatu gives yo a free retreater to trade off with. Forget the balloon/Switches. Fisherman-why? Finally, consider Crystal Shard, and Lum berry. Special Conditions are one of the big problems for Gojira decks, and like I said, shard makes everything and anything a Dragon killer (usually). Energy should probably be 4 Rainbow, and then Water/Psychic. Warp isn't as great a deal here-you only get one energy attachment per turn, and nothng blocks Trainers (while Energy attachment can be punished). Use Trainers to bench Wailord/ex, or its attack if need be. Finally, Retro Energy. This can work really well with Wailord/ex. Use Super Deep DIve (after Xatu heals as much as it can), then enxt turn retro to Wailmer, then finally re-evolve to either Wailord or Wailor ex. Since Wailord is probably just as ood as Wailord ex once you have enough energy, it is a decision to make. The trick I just mentioned should work as long as Wailord ex has at least 80 HP left. ;)

Let me know how it turns out.

Hm this is a alright deck but Pokenav is not that great of a card so I would take those out and add in onother Fast Ball and 2 more Town Volunteers. you will want Rainbow instead of Multi because you can place as many as you want without it changing into Colerless Energy and you don't have to worry about the damage with all the healing cards in this deck and you will want Switch because you can switch to the bench even when you are asleep or paralyzed but you cant with balloon berry.

Last edited:
registeel said:
Hm this is a alright deck but Pokenav is not that great of a card so I would take those out and add in onother Fast Ball and 2 more Town Volunteers. you will want Rainbow instead of Multi because you can place as many as you want without it changing into Colerless Energy and you don't have to worry about the damage with all the healing cards in this deck and you will want Switch because you can switch to the bench even when you are asleep or paralyzed but you cant with balloon berry.

Probably out of breath after that huge run on sentence, Devon. Unless you've edited it by now. But anyway, you're fix was decent, so was Otaku's, you really summed it all up there, so I'll just tie up a few loose ends and you'll be on your way, Mr. Meches! Did I spell that right?

Pokemon 19

x4 Natu
x4 Xatu (Healing Wind)
x4 Wailmer
x2 Wailord Ex
x1 Wailord
x3 Dunsparce
x1 Zangoose

Trainers 20

x3 Oak’s Research
x3 Copycat
x3 Pokenav
x3 Balloon Berry/ Switch
x2 Fast Ball
x3 Moo-Moo Milk
x2 Fisherman
x1 Town Volunteers

Energy 21

x10 Water
x5 Psychic
x3 Warp
x3 Multi Energy/ Rainbow

This is the original. Now let's just fix it up a bit. Overall the deck looks good, but the trainers could probably use some improvement. So let's tidy them up first.

Oak's Research and Copycat, huh? Well I prefer one or the other, and since I am a huge Copycat fan (usually you've getting five cards with it anyway, so why bother with POR?) I'll suggest those. Change the three Oak's Research to TV Reporter. They are a must in almost every deck nowadays. You're iffy on your Ballon Berry/Switch, so I'll help:

SWITCH!

Special conditions kill these decks, as Otaku said earlier. Balloon Berry won't get you to the bench if you're asleep, paralyzed or confused. And even though you are using Copycat, and attaching the tool and waiting for later way be appealing, especially with hand shuffling trainers, switch should be played. Fisherman, I don't see working. So let's change it to two oracle. Add a third Oracle by dropping a Fast Ball, and drop the other Fast Ball for another Wailord.
That second wailord may come in handy at the weirdest time. Also, use rainbow, not multi. Multi could conflict with itself or the warp energy when you must attach an energy, and the only one in your hand is a multi! Trust me, you don't want to have that happen. You'll end up shredding every multi energy you see to pieces. It happened to me. (Not really.) Other than the adding of the Wailord and the comment on the multi, your trainers were the only bad part of the deck...I mean they were the only part needing a fix! :D

So the new deck:

Pokemon: 21

x4 Natu
x4 Xatu (Healing Wind)
x4 Wailmer
x2 Wailord Ex
x2 Wailord
x3 Dunsparce
x1 Zangoose

Trainers: 18

x3 TV Reporter
x3 Copycat
x3 Pokenav
x3 Switch
x3 Oracle
x3 Moo-Moo Milk
x1 Town Volunteers

Energy: 21

x10 Water
x5 Psychic
x3 Warp (You may want to change this to something else. Maybe Memory Berry so that you can use Wailmer's Rest attack...nah, that idea sucked. Okay, never mind. Or maybe you could change it to Retro like Otaku said. Well whatever.)
x3 Rainbow

Hope I helped (although I probably didn't) and that I didn't offend anyone. Except you, Mr. Meches! :D Just kidding! Just...kidding. Yeah. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
one question.

What do you do against a fully powered Wobby. the zangoose and wailord are not enough. trust me, it has happened to me.

good luck finding a counter.

jimmy

BANGINBOX said:
one question.

What do you do against a fully powered Wobby. the zangoose and wailord are not enough. trust me, it has happened to me.

good luck finding a counter.

jimmy

That's why I added the second Wailord.

Retro Energy too-Wailord stacks up well to Wobby, unless that Ffet has Xatu healing it as well. ;)

Or you could just add in your own Wobby....nothing techs against him like himself... *shrugs* Ditch the Zangoose (He's not that good. Unless against Salmence or Flygon. Very rare) and a pokenav. Add in two wobbs and there's the counter...kills wob in one go of it.

Otaku said:
You chose Zangoose, and I think there is a better choice. I'd add two SS Wobbuffet. If you want to nail Colroelss Weak Pokemon, just use a Crystal Shard-its sufficed for me. Zangoos works best in decks with extra ENergy attachments.
Whats sad is evn i forgot I said the same thing in my first post-check it out: no editing or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back