x4 Pokehealer+
x3 Switch
x3 Prof Oaks Visit
x2 Night Maintenance

Energy: 16
x12 Water
x2 Grass
x2 Multi

Ok. The strategy here is to start with a Kyogre and hopefully get a couple of Wailmers, Baltoy, and a Tropius on the bench. Try to Drizzle as many waters as you can onto the Wailmers then eventually get out a Wailord. As you can see, a lot of my Trainers are dedicated to healing as this is my main strategy here. Scoop Up whenever Wailord is in danger of being KO'd, use Pokehealer to heal 80 damage, Night Maint. for even more Wailord tank fun. I did have Night Pokemon Center in here but it was pretty flippy. The Tropius is in here for even more healing, as I can attach a Multi or Grass to Wailord and heal 30 damage of off it. I'm pretty sure there's another healing card in SF that I might put in here but that's for another day. LMK what you guys think. I tested this against my Ape deck and I was up 6-1 in prizes at one point (Ape did come back but lost). This deck is actually really fun and Wailord's Body is actually really beneficial to this deck. Thanks.

Perhaps a Dawn Stadium to act as a counter stadium and a way to wake wailord up if you have him asleep when you don't want him to be. Though you do have switches and pokehealers, so they may be sufficient.
Would go well with your healing tank theme.

-2 Grass Energy
-2 Multi Energy
-2 Tropius
-1 Chatot
-1 Quickball
+1 Water Energy
+3 Call Energy
+2 Mantyke
+2 Mantine

Other alternatives would be call energy or togekiss. You could also do with some Pluspower and Buck's Training for greater damage output. If lightning is strong in your area, play Bubble Coat.

Take out a Night Maintenance and an Oak's Visit for 2 Team Galactic's Wager.

I always liked the idea of Chatot or Jirachi with Amulet Coin, because it's either I have your hand +1!
Or I get any card in my deck into my hand.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to test out the Mantine idea soon. Free retreating Wailords would be pretty funny/scary ;x

Might try the Leftovers too as it adds to the healing theme.

Also, the Pluspowers sound good as 60 damage is pretty unrelenting.

Dawn Stadium+Leftovers+Bubble Coat are a big must in this deck.

If you're going against Electivire or Luxray, You won't have to get 1 OHKO'd

you might want to try a xatu line to make sure you are awake on your turn, he also works as a very nice bench hitter

...... wailords such a beast.
this might be good:

(pokemon: 20)

4-4 Wailord
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Mantine
4 Kyogre

(Trainers: 22)

4 Rosanne's
4 Bebe's
4 Buck's Training (2HKO Kingdra and other stage 2s)
2 Luxury Ball
4 Pokehealer
4 Super Scoop Up

(Energy: 18)

4 Call Energy (or just Water if you prefer)
14 Water Energy

-ian b

Wow, way to resurrect this from extinction.

To answer your question, 14 supporters is wayyy too much for Wailord. I'd be playing AT most 8-10 and that's with 4 Bebe's, 3-4 Roseanne's, 2 Cynthia's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back