Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Walgreens Pokemon tin "repacks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xl Aero

So, this past weekend I visited the local Walgreens. To my surprise, I saw Pokemon tins, and they were different from ones I had seen before.

What tins did Walgreens have, may you ask?

Charizard repack (Charizard AR Rotom-foil)
Garchomp repack (Garchomp SV Rotom-foil) <-- This is the rare S2, not the SP or LV. X version.

They contained 3 packs: PL, RR, and SV, and are sold for a price of $10.99. They are encased in the 2009 Supreme Victors tins (yes, the Garchomp/Charizard/Rayquaza tins, though the cards inside these differ from those official ones).

Previously, these tins were Lucario for the past year, containing a foil Lucario POP8 and 3 packs (usually 2 ex:pK packs and 1 DP:MT pack, though variation did occur as I did find ex:CG and DP:SF instead) encased in the Lucario LV. X tin.

I did buy these tins and I managed to pull a reprint and LV. X, but that's beside the point.

The sticker on it says there is 1 of 3 special foil cards, would anyone know what that card is? Possibly some sort Rayquaza?

Also, what do you think of these repacked tins at Walgreens? Worth getting or don't waste your time? What were your reactions when you saw/bought/opened these tins? What can you speculate about this possible 3rd tin in their series (if they truly are going Charizard/Garchomp/Rayquaza, which Rayquaza do you think it may be)?

Let me know what you think on that, and if you feel like going out and getting them, be my guest and share your experiences!

Yes it is a Rayquaza. To be specific it comes with a Rayquaza C. I'm not sure if its a rotom foil Rayquaza C reprint, but I thought it was pretty funny when I saw it at Walgreens last time I walked in there. I wouldn't buy those tins simply because its such a letdown to get those promos and not get what was originally inside. I prefer seeing Garchomp C X inside because its actually worth half of the price.

Also I think the tins were re released in Walgreens because I saw an over abundance of these tins late last year. It was like no one bought them. There were dozens of Charizard, Rayquaza, and Garchomp tins littered all over the place. Even at Sports Authority they were there sitting on the shelf. If only people knew how worth it it was now.

Thanks for the heads up. Wonder what the production run on them is since Walgreens isn't a huge Pokemon draw.

Glad to see other people are getting these. When I brought it up here I was pretty much called a lier and that what i bought was a fake product.

3.99 here plus tax
but like twice a year they bring it down to 2.99 for a week (plus tax)

Here it's also $5. :L

But buying the tins instead technically lowers the prices to about $3.33 each, so if buying the tin vs. a single pack at Walgreens, the tin would be more worth it.

And it's a Rayquaza C? Well, seeing as how the other two are rotom foils, I would assume the Rayquaza is as well.

Well anyway, just throwing my two cents there and letting all you guys here on the 'Gym know in case you were wondering for anything.

I had to stop by my local Walgreens tonight on the way home from league. I did see these there, but they also had a Lucario tin with an old holo POP version in it.

I had to stop by my local Walgreens tonight on the way home from league. I did see these there, but they also had a Lucario tin with an old holo POP version in it.

Ah; yes, the Lucario tin was the old Walgreens repacks. Mentioned in the OP, it contains a foil POP8 Lucario, 2 EX series packs (Likely PK, but some may have CG), and a DP series pack (I have usually gotten MT, but some may have SF or SW).

Is the Charizard card the same as the ones being sold at target with the whole evolutionary line?

Yes, it is. It is Charizard AR with Rotom foil, same as the one in Target now.

^ ^
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think my brother got a LA pack in his Lucario Tin. Pulled an Uxie X.

^ ^
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think my brother got a LA pack in his Lucario Tin. Pulled an Uxie X.

Well, then I'll have to say congratulations to your brother. ^^

But, since the label states "1 DP series pack," I guess it could be any of the sets inside. Just, from personal experience, I have only ever gotten MT, SW, and SF. Your brother was quite lucky to get an LA. ^^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back