Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Warrenton, VA Autumn BR

Trican

So I had been on the fence about what to play and eventually decided on a Goth Lock thinking it wasn't going to be a huge play overall hearing a lot of talk about Stage 1, MagneBoar, MegaZone and the 2nd place worlds deck. I'm somewhat proud to say this is the first list that I didn't pull the ideas from online. Yet to net deck, but I do usually find a base online to work with. Anyway I spent the night with a few friends Friday and we ended up leaving at 7:30ish the next day. The three if us not driving stayed up til 3 AM play testing and then goofing off. On the ride up I nap and snore loud enough to keep everyone awake the whole three hours :D We have some Chic Fil A for breakfast and then check in.

45 Masters 6 Rounds Top 4

Round 1 vs Reshiphlosion

I just don't even know what to say here. I stall for a good 6 or so turns only to draw into 1 PONT no collectors or anything. I managed to communicate some stage 1s for basics to no avail. I eat round 1 loss.

1-1

Round 2 vs Well I don't even know

I think I got the token modified theme deck kid in this round. I pretty well set up a Gothitelle and went to town.

1-1

Round 3 vs ZPS/Zone (I think)

He starts a Zekrom to my Pichu. I win the flip and playground for good times. I manage to stay asleep! Yay for Pichu. He couldn't set up the donk anyway. I stay asleep again and then have my turn. I get out Goth and Reun and pass. Pichu wakes up. He can't catcher and kills Pichu anyway. I bring up Gothitelle and give her energy three and catcher and KO a bench guy. Next turn he Bolt Strikes forgetting no Plus Power doesn't help. I top deck Zekrom and drop Goth's damage. Give her energy #4 and catcher KO again. He tries Outrage. I draw and heal Zekrom and give him the Outrage damage and drop energy #5 and KO Zekrom. From there it's Goth laying the smack down.

2-1

Round 4 vs Stage 1 Rush with Lanturn

I eat Donphans through a Zekrom and a Gothitelle while waiting to get energy for my benched Gothitelle. Finally get the bench Goth running and let the active one be KO'd. Gothitelle comes up with 3 energy and places 90 on Phan. I have the healing and energy to keep Gothitelle going and ends up winning by not letting anything live.

3-1

Round 5 vs Friend's Stage 1 Rush

At this point two of us are 3 and 1 , 2 and 2 and 0 and 4. As luck has it I get to play my friend who is 3 and 1. We promise to have a good game and just have fun. We set up and he gets the first move I believe. He manages to get his bench to have 2 Yanma a Phan a Zorua and Phan active. I counter play grounding to get my two goth. two solosis and Zekrom down. I take a beating and end up being down three prizes where I literally say "Heart of the cards" and top deck Twins. I grab gothitelle and reun and use the two Candy I had been sitting on. Celebration wind gets Gothitelle ready and I go aggro. The next three turns is three prizes. He scoops and we agree that heart of the cards really helped here. For the record "Elemental Hero Ridiculous" will confuse people.

4-1

Round 6 vs Stage 1 Rush

It was a deck I had saw earlier played by a first year master. I held two twins in my hand for several turns and he is psyched out enough to let my Solosis with 10 damage sit there for about 10 turns of draw pass. I attach energy across my back row so if something gets catchered I still have some energy somewhere. What he forgot was that when I used PONT I gave up both Twins. I finally Candy into a goth. She only has one Energy which is enough to get him to take out Solosis. Next turn I get twins and pop out Reun. After a couple turns of him watching me know what I was doing with the deck he concedes he's not going to win. Good job and good luck dude!

5-1

I'm 6th out of 45 and miss the Top 4 cut. Silly first round loses.

Props:
Rodell for driving
Going with my gut and it being right on Goth
Getting ideas to make a couple tweaks to test
Free Chic Fil A coupons
Hanging out with good friends for the weekend
Points to say I'm 2nd in the state for at least a weekend :D
Points to be 14th or 15th in the US

Slops
Adam for letting a bad call go through without questioning it
The judge for not knowing a simple ruling
Not being a Top 8
3 hour drive both ways

Donphan versus Donphan. Opponent used Heavy Impact and placed 9 damage counters. Judge was called and said the correct amount was placed. When only 7 counters should have been placed. Yes my friend shoudve appealed to the HJ and we have told him as much.
Posted with Mobile style...

Back