Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wash Rinse and Repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeplayer

I was tired of playing Blaziken/Eggucute or Blaziken/Delcatty type of decks so I decided to play a fun rogue deck at the tournament.....

Here is my deck

3 Bulbasaur
2 Ivasaur
2 Venusaur (Expedition Harvest Bounty)
3 Numel (Dragon with Kindle attack)
3 Camerupt (R/S with Fire Spin attack)
2 Magneton Dragon
2 Magnetite (Dragon)
2 Dunsparce
1 Ditto Sk

2 Tv Reporter
2 Copycat
2 Oracle
2 Bills Maintenance
4 Oaks Research
2 Rare Candy
3 PETM
2 Switch
2 Seer

4 Multi
12 Fire
2 Warp

Stragety Get Camerupt active, with Venasaur and Magenton on bench. Play two fire energy on Camerupt for 100. Next turn use Magenton to get the two energies from the discard pile in my hand. Lay the two energies back down and do 100 again...

Commentsare welcome...

Not bad, but you've got to streamline the trainer line to get those three evos up and running ASAP. Also, your dunsparce count is too low for this deck. I'm not liking the seer, the bill's maintenance, or the copycat for this deck. Even the oak's research is suspect. Same with the warp energy. The idea is solid, though, particularly since blaziken/ampharos/rayquaza works alright, and it relies on multiple evos. If they can support 2 stage two's and a basic, you can support 2 stage one's and 1 stage two. However, you could also ask yourself, "Is this really faster or more efficient than, say, venusaur/camerupt with fisherman?"

3 bulbasaur
1 ivysaur
3 venusaur
3 numel
3 camerupt
4 dunsparce
Total: 17

Trainers:
4 oracle
4 pokenav
3 rare candy
4 birch (when you're attaching 2 energy from your hand at a time, this'll work well)
3 fisherman
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion (you're not running any -ex)
3 (open...your choice...more card draw? More healing? Switch? Another ivysaur?)
Total: 24

Energy:
15 fire
4 grass
Total: 19

And really, you could drop or change the energy a bit too, if you'd like to add the ditto for OHKO's against rayquaza. Might also want to add a wobbuffett or two. Likewise, the 4 oracle-4 pokenav combo is neither here nor there. Works pretty darn well for getting those specific evos up, but you'd do fine with 4 oak's research and 4 PETM as well, though that's an extra 4 supporters. I just like the idea of using oracle for venusaur and rare candy, then using the nav to grab the 'saur and guaranteeing that the candy is your next draw. You can also do that with energy, which is why I prefer the 'nav over, say, fast ball or master ball. Also, the 'nav won't make you shuffle the other card back into your deck.

This seems quicker, less brittle than the three-evo line deck detailed above, especially since one fisherman=2 turns worth of 100 damage per turn.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back