Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Washington: "FireRed~LeafGreen" Pre-release / August 28, 2004

Pokeplayer

Hello all...

This is an announcement of the upcoming Pokemon TCG "FireRed~LeafGreen" Pre-release / August 28, 2004 in Lakewood Washington...

Below are the details...

The Game Matrix
8610 South Tacoma Way
Lakewood, Wash 98499
Store Phone: 253-583-9708
Cost: $20
Players receive 6 booster packs and a promo card!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 28, 2004
Registration starts at 11:00 a.m.

What is the Tournament Structure?

The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event. Players will build a 40 card deck from their booster packs. Players may not trade cards to build their decks. Rounds will be a single game with a 30 minute time limit.

All participants will receive a Prerelease Promo Card!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are the Prizes?

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are; 10 and under, 11-14 and 15 and up. Top eight finishers in each of the 3 recognized age categories receive the following prizes.

1st Place
1 Display Box of Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed~LeafGreen Booster Packs (36 packs)
2nd Place
18 Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed~LeafGreen Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place
9 Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed~LeafGreen Booster Packs
5th through 8th Place
4 Pokémon EX FireRed~LeafGreen Booster Packs

THEME DECK CHALLENGE FOR YOUNGER/NEW PLAYERS

In addition to the standard prerelease tournament format, a more casual event called the Theme Deck Challenge will be offered for new or younger players. For the Theme Deck Challenge, registration cost is $20, but players receive a Theme Deck of their choice to play in the event and 3 booster pack. The top 50% of the participants will receive an additional booster pack at the end of the event. The theme deck challenge is especially designed for new or younger players to play Pokemon TCG in a non competative environment. This event will be run at the same time as the Pre release tournament and will be offered first to younter players, new players and their parents. After these players are registered, others may play.

The Theme Deck challenge uses standard Swiss pairings, not Age Modified Swiss. This theme deck challenge is not a sanctioned tournament and players do NOT receive rating points for participation in the Theme Deck Challenge.

DOOR PRIZES will be given away!!!!!!!!!!! This will include Pokemon EX Value Packs and Pokemon EX Trainer Set

Also...

EXTRA SPECIAL GOODIES TO BE GIVEN AWAY THANKS TO PUI !!!! :cool: :cool:

SIDE EVENTS

FireRed~LeafGreen Booster Draft

This event will be run after the main Pre release. Cost is $15. Players receive at least 5 booster packs. Players will build a deck using the booster draft format. Players sit in pods. Players open a booster pack, take a card and pass the remaining cards to the left or right. This continues until all boosters are opened and cards taken. Player use these cards to build a 40 card deck. Basic energy will be provided for this event. Sturcture will be Age modified swiss with the number of rounds depending on the number of players. Prizes will be FireRed~LeafGreen booster packs. This is a sanctioned event and Treeko Promo cards should be available for the top winners.

FireRed~LeafGreen Theme Deck challenge

This event will be run after the main Pre release. Cost is $15. Players will receive a theme deck and at least 2 FireRed~LeafGreen booster packs. Players use the the booster packs to modify the theme deck. Ployers play the theme deck. Sturcture will be Age modified swiss with the number of rounds depending on the number of players. Prizes will be FireRed~LeafGreen booster packs. This is a sanctioned event and Treeko Promo cards should be available for the top winners.

Last edited:
I am darn well going to be there. Not even if Kyogre flooded the world, and Groudon destroyed half of it with an earthquake, will anything stop me from being at this prerelease! You can darn well expect the Dark Legendary Master, Dark Lord Anubis (another of my many nick names), Professor Redwood (the number of nick names I have has got to be ridiculous huh?), but most commonly known as Seth, to be at this prerelease. I will be there. COUNT ME IN TERRY!!!

((PS: I probably sounded to darn enthusiastic there huh?))

DarkSideComma SPARKS...

Yes I know that this date is also the date of the Oregon FR/LG Pre Release Date due to Worlds being held Aug 21, 2004.

I'll see all those at the Wash Pre Release..........

Anyway, I already signed up as a judge for this tournament, as well as monkeyman8889. See everyone there. Good Luck and Happy Gaming (I know I've heard this quote somewhere).

Last edited:
VIPS from City, State, Gym, and Stadium Challenges will get a discount of $5 off my Pre Release......

If anyone from the Washington State, British Columbia or Oregon State, Wins their age group at Worlds the previous weekend and attends my pre release, the main tournament and one of the side events will be awarded to that player FREE!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball:

Last edited:
Pokeplayer said:
VIPS from City, State, Gym, and Stadium Challenges will get a discount of $5 off my Pre Release......

If anyone from the Washington State, British Columbia or Oregon State, Wins their age group at Worlds the previous weekend and attends my pre release, the main tournament and one of the side events will be awarded to that player FREE!!!!!
Forget the scholarship money, NOW I have an incentive to win Worlds! :p

Hello all..

I GOT THE TREEKO PROMOS FOR the Pre release!!!!!!!!!! :)

They arrived this morning................

See you there... :D :D :D

Yep you'll see me. I just hope Kyogre and Groudon don't decide to destroy the world that day. Wait till the day after. I'm free that day. But no, not 28th. I need to play in this whole day pokemon event. I think I'm free from the 29th to 15th though, so they can go ahead and destroy whatever they want then :D. Sorry Terry, I'm just kinda trying to joke around a bit. But if it rains that day, I guess I'll know who to blame, huh? (Kyogre you moron you better keep the water where it all belongs or so help me god. No so help me Mewtwo :D. Anyone up for fryed whale or whatever the heck that thing is?) lmmfao........... Okay I better go now. I need to put the Kyogres in the freezer. Maybe that will teach them. And prevent a world wide disaster from happening on the 28th.

I'll definitely be there for sure. So I wish that everyone will have good luck for whoever attends our prerelease or any one else's prerelease.

Dark Legendary Master said:
Thank you who ever you are!!!!!!!!! Good luck to you all too. It's me seth. Who are you HoennAsh?
Your Welcome Seth, it's me Paul that beat you at the Game matrix tournament for the Mudkip promo with my Blaziken Deck.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Blaziken. Blaziken MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!! Go! Kyogre! use your Tsunami attack to blow that darn bird away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **Kyogre floods out the entire gym** Ooops......I take I'm paying for that one too huh? Dumb Pokemon, always getting me into trouble......Well, I think I got the bye, so....uhhh.......BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm in a crazy mood right now...)

Last edited:
I'll be there too and with a friend. The pre-realease is so far that it would take too much time/gas for him to go back to his house. So I just taught him Pokemon yesterday and he'll probably enter to kill time. This sounds like it's going to be fun.

Back