Washington State Championship

Pokeplayer

Here is the WA State information....

Saturday May 1, 2004
SeaTac Mall
Federal Way ,Wash
Starts: 11:00 am
Admission $5
Everyone who registers receives a special State Championships Promo Card!

VIPs from CC events will get some special treatment...

Format: Age Modified Swiss Constructed.. Bring your own 60 card deck. Cards from Expedition on and Nintendo Promo cards are legal. The number of rounds depends on number of participants. There will be a cut to top 8 or so after the swiss competion. The exact number entered into the finals will be determined on the number of registered players in each age group...

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Age categories are; Under 10, 11-14 and 15 and up.

Top eight finishers in each of the 3 recognized age categories receive the following prizes.

1st Place
State Champion Award
1 Display Box of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
Two round bye at the National Championships (a bye means you don’t play the round and are awarded a win in that round)
A Stage One VIP Package containing cool Pokémon Merchandise. This package will be awarded upon onsite registration at the National Championship event at Origins Game Fair.

2nd Place
18 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

3rd Place
9 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

4th Place
9 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

5th through 8th Place
4 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

Side Events

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: BRING YOUR GAMEBOY ADVANCE!!! This event will take place after the Main tournament. The tournament will require you to bring your own GBA and Ruby/Sapphire game. Prizes will be Pokémon TCG booster packs.

RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 50 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, and Rayquaza are banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark).
Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided)

Booster Draft $12 for 6 Team Magma vs Team Aqua booster packs. Prizes will be Booster Packs This booster draft will be limited to the first 18 players.

Theme Deck Challenge $5 - $10 depending on available theme decks and booster packs available. As in the past, players will be given a theme deck and additonal booster packs to build a deck and play in at least 4 rounds of age modified Swiss. Prizes will be Booster packs

Grandma Joner....

Come on down from Canada...

Bring more of your Canadian friends...

I would like to have more Canadian Players come down... I have some Candian Family members..

You register the day of the tournament at the Sea Tac/Commons at Federal Way..

They are changing the name of the Mall..

PM me if you want.....

Pokeplayer
PTO Wa State

Taken from the BDS post: Thanks BDS

Clarification for GBA Rules

Here is the complete list of what is banned:
Quote:
Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys and Rayquaza are banned; ALL Shining Pokemon are banned; Entei, Raikou, and Suicune (obtained through Story Mode of Pokemon Colluseum) are also banned

Pokemon obtained forn Colluseum, other than those listed above, are allowed.

Hello all..

Washington players did really well at the Oregon State Championships...See my post under Oregon State Report...

Anyway....I will see you all this coming weekend...Let's defend our state!!!!!!!!!!!

Door prizes will include Pokmeo EX Value Packs.....

Pokeplayer

Another quick message...

Players will be able to order T Shirts for an upcoming Event...The designs will be posted at the Tournament...

Please Note:

As the Washington area Pokemon Players were spoiled with the attendance of representatives from PUI at the Lakewood Pre release and the Federal Way City Championship... AT both of these events PUI treated us with Pizza..
we got two free pizza parties....

So we got our fun in the sun.....so as a result...There will be no free pizza from PUI at the Washington State Pokemon Championships.......

VIPs will be invited to join the staff and judges for lunch.........

Back