water deck strategies help please

tecdecs

So theres this tourny coming up at my league

rules:
Unlimited
No rares
only water pokemon
promos allowed

Since i didnt play in tournaments until ruby vs saffire i dont really know that many good cards in the older sets so can anybody help out and name some good unlimited water pokemon thats not rare? thanks

Last edited:
play misty.dec. 4 misty's goldeen, and a BUTTLOAD (well, prolly more) of trainers that pump damage. strength charm, pluspower, misty, etc. then u get to play the ultimate self-mill engine: 4 bill 4 oak 4 computer search 4 maintenance, etc...and set up for the FTKO: 120 or nothing on a flip. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?

j/k don't play it, it's bad. and misty and comp search are rare.

a good place to look would be the gym sets. i think those are the best non-rare water types to start looking at. playing a misty deck would truly be quite fun, i believe. i hear her staryus and starmies are, liek, level 18 and 22!

Base Dewgong(50 for three)
Base Staryu(20 for one)
Misty's Staryu(Like Base, only with a Super Scoop Up effect on the attack)
Fossil Golduck(Hyper Beam <3)
Fossil Psyduck(T1 Trainer lockdown!)
Misty's Poliwhirl(poor man's Suicune ex)
...among others.

Hehe, I have an idea... oh darn, only Water. I was gonna say, Lt. Surge's Raticate/Base Jynx ftw.

But let's see... personally, I'd go with Skyridge Omanyte. Since only Water Pokemon are being played, you have resistance to everything. I guess Fossil Omastar might help, and you might also include a Dark Omastar line as well.

Or... you could use an Energy Removal deck. Neo: Revelation Quagsire and Fossil Golduck, along with the Energy Removal trainer, and... oops, no Item Finder. Old Rod?

Don't forget to use Crystal Shard just to bend the rules. >_>

Also...

Dude, are you insane? He obviously needs to run Super Energy Removal 2 to have something for the Old Rod to combo with. <_<

Well, at least we now know that there are some good non-rare pokemon and trainers,

Were it not for cjoey97, the world may never have known. Someone, give him his professorship NOW!

Back