Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wear a helmet

Noah121

I don't know how many people on the 'Gym do any biking or other similar activities where some people wear helmets. Let me tell you: IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.

I was biking to League in Skokie this last Tuesday, and when turning from the trail onto the road (just a block from League), a turning car didn't notice me, despite my reflective vest and bright LED light. The car hit me nearly head-on, and I caromed onto his windshield, shattering it, and falling into the street. I was wearing a helmet, and it cracked. The bike also bent. Though I didn't faint and I was able to stand up immediately, they brought an ambulance, immobilized me, and took me to the ER as a precaution.

A CT scan revealed no major head injury and the doctors' tactile probing revealed no likely bone breakages. But if I had not been wearing my helmet, I could very well have been gravely injured or even killed.

Don't be "too cool" to be properly equipped. The perception of being uncool shouldn't cloud your decision, when not wearing protection can kill you.

When I ride my bike, I stay on the sidewalk--unless its in an area where that's illegal. Also, I typically don't cross roads unless there are absolutely no cars. But even then, I should buy a helmet eventually.

Thank you for posting this! I'm so glad you're alright, and that this can be an example for other people to get a helmet. Seriously people, get a helmet.

4 Pokemon Collectors to bet they used a no-neck cervical collar.

Don't forget a backboard, too. And those things are uncomfortable...

It's good that you're ok, and this is proof of how wearing a helmet isn't an "uncool" thing to do. Sure, I'll let you be "cool", I'm going to be smart.

Last time I skateboarded without a helmet, I got a concussion.

Helmets aren't optional for me anymore.

One time I wore a rocky helmet and attacked a zekrom for 120. That helmet saved my life cause zekrom decided not to attack me after that.

Glad to hear you are ok!
Posted with Mobile style...

Helmet saved my life when I got cut off going 65 down the freeway and had to jump off my bike or slam into an SUV. Rolled like a Shuckle down the highway, hopped up, and walked back to my bike. Afterwards I took my helmet off to find the top split open and a huge gash taken out of the chin guard. That would have been my jaw and skull. I know the feeling. Protective gear is not optional when you're taking a risk like that, be it a bicycle or a motorcycle,

Helmets should always be optional for those that are adults.
For once, I agree with EP. I'm glad your OK but I can really not see myself ever wearing a helmet when I am not legally forced to and I feel I should be allowed to choose for myself. I skate, I've gotten concussions before and that is the risk I knowingly take. Skating without a helmet feels way to good and free to not, which after all is what the feeling of skateboarding is about.

Back