Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Webster / Clearlake CC and Regionals Announcement / Jan. 21

Team Cook

You know the motto. Everything's BIGGER in TEXAS. City Championships will be as well. Team Cook will take good care of you. This is the last of the best. Good Luck to all the players.

January 21 / Webster-Clear Lake
Horizon Games / 349 El Dorado
11:00 - 12:45: Registration and deck checks
11:30: GameBoy Tournament
1:00: Conroe City Championships begin

** YOU MUST HAVE YOUR DECK CHECKED PRIOR TO PLAYING IN THE GAMEBOY TOURNAMENT.**

Promo Cards and Pins will be given out WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

Prizes: Every tournament will have the same prize structure and this is for each age group.

First Place: A City Championship Medal
Pokemon Bag of Goodies
18 Booster Packs

Second Place: 10 Booster Packs

Third and Fourth Place: 4 Booster Packs

If you have any questions or comments, you can post on PokeGym or email Team Cook at
[email protected]

Last edited:
Oooh, if I get off-time from Debate and Band, I'll try to come down to one of these :D

GJ Team Cook!

Alright!! At least 5 City Championships in the S. Texas area! Isn't that more than last year? That's just simply awesome!!! Things in the Pokemon TCG just keep getting better and better. Believe me, I'll be at as many of these as I'm physically capable of going to (which means basically all of them!!!) Too bad, most of them are on Sundays though but still I'll do what I can to go to all of them if possible.

Last edited:
This is really impressive in hindsight. Almost two years ago, the entire state of Texas only had five city championships, I think (Plano, Dallas, Fort Worth, Sugarland, and Houston). Now, there are five-seven in the HOUSTON REGION ALONE!!! :O

Good times are rolling, my friends! =)

Hey Mike,
Since most of your city championships are on sunday, are you going to need judges? P.M. me if you need me to judge or so I can plan on playing and making it a father/son dual championship! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA
Heck, even my brother might be back in town and compete or judge since he is a professor also. TEAM EGUIA is most definitely in DA HOUSE!!!

Jose, plan on playing. I got judging taken care of I think. I'll keep you informed as they get closer. You know you and the San Antonio gang are ALWAYS welcomed.

North Carolina? Come on over. Get ya a bus and pick up players along the way. Be prepared for some of the greatest Pokemon playing in the USA. Can you handle it?

Well Team Cook.
I am hoping to be able to catch a ride to one or a few of these tournaments. So hopefully you can expect me to be at one of these tournaments.

lol Kettlez!! I hear the leis are legendary in Hawaii. :wink:

Naw guys, I'm more than likely sticking with the NC/SC area this season. But one may never know...

~Jim

Last edited:
Hey Rocketman.

Yes, you indeed need a break. Come on over to Texas and play some Pokemon. I've got two tournaments scheduled back to back for Cities ( Jan. 7 & 8 ). This will give you a chance to play twice instead of once, of course. And you should know me by now, I'm looking to end it with a BANG. If everything works my way, look out, lol.

Texas is gonna be the place to be for City Championships.

Thanks Mike. Dylan and I ( and maybe Demi) will be in Houston on the 11th and 12th. If you're going to have the tourny on the 13th, we'll be there.
The 7th and 8th of Jan. also sounds good. I'll do mine around those.
Rick

I don't understand why the local tournaments are all on Sunday. Many (of the good players) can't attend due to church. Is there a reason for NOT holding tournaments on Saturday? Hmmmmm.

beatlerat said:

Hmmmmm?????

beatlerat said:
Is there a reason for NOT holding tournaments on Saturday?

Of course there is.

It's quite simple, really. Venue availability.
Even Heroes has requested Sundays.

beatlerat said:
Many (of the good players) can't attend due to church.

The good players find a way. They have always attended the events -- even those on Sundays.

We're scheduling a later start for the Sunday tourneys to accommodate those who go to church.

beatlerat said:

Hmmmmm?????

Not really sure what to make of that.

We all know that the Saturday events have bigger attendances (and you all know how Team Cook loves BIG attendance numbers)... So, why wouldn't we want to have it on Saturdays?

Locating and securing venues for these events have been especially difficult over the Holiday season. We have to work with what's available. That's just how it is.

By the way, the Katy City Championships is scheduled for a Saturday.

Last edited:
Back