Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Weird Dragons Exalted packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeyGrimey

So I opened my box of Dragons Exalted and took out the left and right stacks and set them next to each other on the table. I noticed that the right side was about a pack taller than the left and jokingly exclaimed "I know what side the exs are on!"

Well I was actually wrong. It turns out two of the packs on the left side were noticeably thinner than all the other packs! When I opened these packs the first card was the reverse foil. All the commons were missing!

I'm just glad it's the commons that were missing. I've never experienced anything like this before. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Weird things have been happening with this set; indeed.

In my box, for example, all the non-holo rares were upside-down.

So I opened my box of Dragons Exalted and took out the left and right stacks and set them next to each other on the table. I noticed that the right side was about a pack taller than the left and jokingly exclaimed "I know what side the exs are on!"

Well I was actually wrong. It turns out two of the packs on the left side were noticeably thinner than all the other packs! When I opened these packs the first card was the reverse foil. All the commons were missing!

I'm just glad it's the commons that were missing. I've never experienced anything like this before. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Kale actually had a pack of DRX that only had 3 cards in them. He wasn't sure which three cards they were though, apparently his gf opened it.

I've never seen this myself.....

I can't wait to get my hands on some packs from this set. The wild pulls are very amusing. There's this one video on youtube where a fellow opened a booster box and received 4 reverse holos in every third pack he opened. Wild!

I opened a pack yesterday from my local wal-mart weirdest pack I've opened but also amazing!

I got 2 FA's! They were Mew FA and Registeel FA. Best day ever :D

Was it legit? :confused:

Sounds like a nice pack!

I believe Wal-Mart shuffles around and repackages most of the cards they sell (or something like that if I'm remembering correctly), but it is not impossible. At an HGSS post-prerelease draft, I saw a guy open a pack that contained both a Ho-Oh legend piece and a Blissey prime right next to each other, so it can happen. 2 FAs in a pack is not impossible, and the fact that there are even 2+ FAs in a box are likely mostly due to the weird ratios in this set. Still an extremely lucky pack.

I opened a pack yesterday from my local wal-mart weirdest pack I've opened but also amazing!

I got 2 FA's! They were Mew FA and Registeel FA. Best day ever :D

This may actually make sense. Did you get a reverse holo card? If not, one FA took that spot.

The only thing I've noticed is that I've gotten a few cards where the printing is vertically off-center (on both sides).

My Story:

12 packs, Nothing random. 1 Shiny Krookodile.

And I suppose this is all happening in the east? I might buy a load of packs off T&T

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/582723_495047263855931_743349528_n.jpg

Someone posted this on Facebook, goes along with the weird things in packs.

And I now own those. :biggrin: The red is actually tape than was melted into the cards. You can feel it sticking out a bit but it can't be pulled off. It's so melted in that you can even see and feel it on the back a bit.

As for the actual topic. I saw my friend open a box and all of the uncommons on one side of the box were upside down. All of these problems as well as the weird EX ratio makes me wonder exactly what went wrong with this set. I mean there aren't normally anywhere near this many strange packs from one set, and it's only been out for a couple weeks.

Yeah, even though I'm usually really sceptical about these things, the box ratios do seem more inconsistent than usual, and with all this weird stuff happening . . . either they changed or their regular printer is getting sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back