Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Weird Holon Phantom's box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dendrobatida

Just opened a box of holon phantom I got as judging support for the SC gym challenge. I've heard of other odd boxes (bunches of * pokemon, etc.), but had never actually seen an error box, until now. There were no reverse holos in my box. Instead, there were non-holo rares, double in each pack. In the packs with the holo energies, there was invariably a holo rare, so in the box I got 12 holo rares, 12 foil energies, and 48 non-holo rares. I now have more torkoal, regis, and absol than I know what to do with. 2 rares per pack, though...I'm not complaining. Anyone need a few regirock? Seriously, I have about 18 now....

Anyone else find one like this?

-Dendro

Yes, boxes of this same sort appeared in Tampa.
Prizes for Heidi C and Patrick K had no reverse holos.
A lot of the sealed boxes, I think 4 or so, were unopened, waiting to either be sold or exchanged (in fear of the error decreasing the value of the boxes) to PUI- so there could be even more cases of this occurence.

ryanvergel said:
Yes, boxes of this same sort appeared in Tampa.
Prizes for Heidi C and Patrick K had no reverse holos.
A lot of the sealed boxes, I think 4 or so, were unopened, waiting to either be sold or exchanged (in fear of the error decreasing the value of the boxes) to PUI- so there could be even more cases of this occurence.

In talking to Sean (PTO) after the event it appears that one full case (6 boxes) were like that while his remaining boxes were normal. I still haven't opened my box, even though Sean was (pretty) sure that it was one of the normal ones.

Jake: My son had 1 of his 4 packs for 6th place have 2 non holo rares w/o a RH in it. He even showed it to Jeff. So, looks like your box wasnt the only one affected at Anderson GC.

Sorry to hear about the lack of RHs.

Keith

If you still have the box, I would LOVE it if you could send the number printed on the bottom of the box to [email protected]. It helps us track down when the error occured, and how big of an error it was.

Congrats on the lucky box. ;)

PUI should hire some G-Men and when an error like this happens send them out to take all of the evidence of the evidence. :cool:

hey...it could happen :redface:

Dendrobatida said:
Just opened a box of holon phantom I got as judging support for the SC gym challenge. I've heard of other odd boxes (bunches of * pokemon, etc.), but had never actually seen an error box, until now. There were no reverse holos in my box. Instead, there were non-holo rares, double in each pack. In the packs with the holo energies, there was invariably a holo rare, so in the box I got 12 holo rares, 12 foil energies, and 48 non-holo rares. I now have more torkoal, regis, and absol than I know what to do with. 2 rares per pack, though...I'm not complaining. Anyone need a few regirock? Seriously, I have about 18 now....

Anyone else find one like this?

-Dendro
Yes we have already opened two just like that from HP.

In my box from nationals judges support i got 1 ex and 2 stars.

number in the box:139625

(will send in email in a min)

Last edited:
The number I'm looking for is a 6-digit number, and is stamped in black ink on the inside, bottom of the box.

M_Liesik said:
The number I'm looking for is a 6-digit number, and is stamped in black ink on the inside, bottom of the box.

Mike,

This is really cruel... We have a box that my son would like to use as trade, but are unsure if it a good box or not. So our choices are:

1) disclose that it "might" be a bad box, thus devaluing it :frown:

or

2) open the box to verify, thus unsealing and devaluing it. :frown:

I realize that for some there is the third choice (not disclosing anything) but it is not one that we would use. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back